• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you explain mistranslations in video games? Or mistakes in books? Sometimes they just don’t notice or care.
I could buy that but if you're an employee of a Japanese company where you have to be in constant contact with them then that becomes inexcusable. Not knowing how to speak proper Japanese won't get you anywhere in Japan.

I could buy that but if you're an employee of a Japanese company where you have to be in constant contact with them then that becomes inexcusable. Not knowing how to speak proper Japanese won't get you anywhere in Japan.
Ohkay, but like. How often do you have typos in anything that you write?

I work in customer support dealing with money and I can't tell you how many grammatic errors I see on the INTERNAL side .That I have to bring to the attention of upper management.

People are allowed to make mistakes. And that's how I see this .

Not trying to grasp onto them further, they're almost definitely fake at this point, but for fairness' sake: an artist on Deviantart claimed to have designed the "fake" Owl3, Tiger3, and Seal3 (which, as we all know, ended up being real) Alola starter evolutions the same day they were posted on 4chan.
But Alolan starters had the digital images uploaded. The fake images here were hung on a wall-so only the artist would have the digital counterpart.
Would anybody outside of Gamefreak would ever think of having a coral starter? It's so out there.
Creativity isn't restricted to those employed by Game Freak. There's lots of creative people in the world.

Ohkay, but like. How often do you have typos in anything that you write?

I work in customer support dealing with money and I can't tell you how many grammatic errors I see on the INTERNAL side .That I have to bring to the attention of upper management.

People are allowed to make mistakes. And that's how I see this .
According to James, they literally talk you down before the mon gets secured. You have to draw them constantly along with little notes so they can understand. With all that checking and balancing you'd think they catch an error.
That's without considering that you have know and speak nigh perfect Japanese to even land a job at most places.

And editors job is to make sure the book doesn’t have grammar and spelling mistakes and er I see that in books all the time. If you’re translating you’re translating not literally bit in a way the others can understand and yet I’ve seen major mistakes that should have been obvious fixes. And I don’t mean mistranslation as in wrong words. I mean grammatical to where t doesn’t sound right.

It happens all the time. Yes a lot of people see it but maybe no one cares enough to say anything. Maybe it’s a private joke.

Can you say you’ve never made mistakes like that? I certainly can’t. I’ve mixed up forms or their and stuff like that.

And editors job is to make sure the book doesn’t have grammar and spelling mistakes and er I see that in books all the time. If you’re translating you’re translating not literally bit in a way the others can understand and yet I’ve seen major mistakes that should have been obvious fixes. And I don’t mean mistranslation as in wrong words. I mean grammatical to where t doesn’t sound right.

It happens all the time. Yes a lot of people see it but maybe no one cares enough to say anything. Maybe it’s a private joke.

Can you say you’ve never made mistakes like that? I certainly can’t. I’ve mixed up forms or their and stuff like that.
I'm mainly speaking from personal experience here. The Japanese workforce is a tough place especially if you aren't exactly native to the country. It's also kind of interesting that the Alolan Starters final evos had legitimate Japanese even if it was really hard to see

Weird thing is he just posted them. like 45 minutes ago. So what, was he the reason for that 4chan leak, and what showed on imgur? He says sorry for putting them in frames, I guess he realized he got caught for his slips.
I understand this completely. It's perfectly normal for the oldest copy seen on the Internet to be assumed the original and definitive version, but this does not actually prove whether that is the case. Bottom line is, if he's the one who actually drew it then he's the creator, period, regardless of which site he chose to post which version of the work to first.

For example, I notice that the versions he posted to his dA gallery are high-resolution versions (150dpi or eqv). What size were the photos posted earlier?

* edit - initially unsure whether the art was traditional or digital in nature. 150dpi is a common scanner resolution and an acceptable resolution for printingl i.e. 1600x1100 pixels = 8x10" paper.

Last edited:
For example, I notice that the versions he posted to his dA gallery are high-resolution scans (150dpi). What size were the photos posted earlier?
The first photos weren't even scans-they were pictures of them framed on a wall. (A major indicator that the artist is legit, IMO)

The first photos weren't even scans-they were pictures of them framed on a wall. (A major indicator that the artist is legit, IMO)
Yeah. Took me a minute to determine whether the piece was traditional or digital in nature.

In any case, a legit higher-resolution version of the image is a stronger argument than whichever one was posted first.

What site do you find the source on before it got taken down? I would think if there was a rumor/leak that was really from a credible source, that it would be all over the internet at this point.
i forgot the sites name but i'm still sure it will be revealed this month k sorry if i forgot the sites name k

Yeah idk about that.....my source said that something big is coming as well, but seems to believe it may just be Zeraora. We'll get Zeraora before the new game that much I'm sure of. Doubt a direct is coming for Pokemon any time soon.

Can you explain why you trust said source? I wouldn't trusts anyone on vp unless there's undeniable proof. If your source has a preexisting track record then it'd be good to know.
here's the link Nintendo Switch games shock: New Pokemon RPG news confirms 2018 release date?

I'm mainly speaking from personal experience here. The Japanese workforce is a tough place especially if you aren't exactly native to the country. It's also kind of interesting that the Alolan Starters final evos had legitimate Japanese even if it was really hard to see
What does being native have to do with those drawings? It’s not impossible that maybe a Japanese worker did them.

I don’t believe a bit of grammatical error is enough to rule them out.

I don’t even want them save for the coral one, but there is some weird stuff going around, so we can’t exactly Calle them fake becaise we expect the grammar on drawings to be perfect. In the games yes that kind of stuff should be perfect, but on some concept art I don’t see why.

You know what else is weird? Marix's art kinda looks different from photo. The coral one's blue color looks more pronounced, and the horses eyes are blue instead of black. Even if you argue that i maybe it's the lighting of the room that make the color look different, a dimly lit room can't change such a light shade of blue into black like that. Maybe it's something to do with the printer.

What does being native have to do with those drawings? It’s not impossible that maybe a Japanese worker did them.

I don’t even want them save for the coral one, but there is some weird stuff going around, so we can’t exactly Calle them fake becaise we expect the grammar on drawings to be perfect. In the games yes that kind of stuff should be perfect, but on some concept art I don’t see why.
I bought it up because you need to understand how to communicate with the locals when your working for them in their country ( which means knowing how to speak and write in their language).
The Japanese just seems like someone used Google Translate and hoped nobody catch on.
This is even without me discounting how the concept art for Decidueye, Incineroar, and Primarina had perfect Japanese in their artwork.

it seems people are desperate to make this look real.. bad jpns and now the "real leaker" posted the actual work.
99.99% fake in my book, even tho i want the grass starter so badly.

Fake or not I wouldn't expect Game Freak to frame concept art of new starter Pokémon in their offices so easily.
this...
its exacly want to say your comment its like i write with my letter and my mindset :)

With all the japanese evidence i'm leaning on them being fake but I just want to remind you that you dont need to be a decent artist to know how to work the warp tool in Photoshop and make the framed pictures look flat and then trace over the lines and color them.

For every single job in Game Freak, or any Japanese company in general, you need to have passed Business Level Japanese.
James Turner actually tweeted to me, confirming that you need Business Level Japanese to work at Game Freak.

View: https://twitter.com/j2y8n2x/status/940570081901162496

More over, the type of grammatical mistakes made in the fake starters can be debunked by people who are 3 levels from the Business level Japanese.
If you passed business level Japanese, your Japanese won't look like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom