• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW the official interview with Sugimori that talks about "making pokemon cool less cool" are on USUM national dex book

@Knightwolf09 i don't know...these are examples that sugimori gave on the interview with others...
he said that he has to ruin (in some way) pokemon that are too perfect to make them less cool with this kind of things

BTW the official interview with Sugimori that talks about "making pokemon cool less cool" are on USUM national dex book

@Knightwolf09 i don't know...these are examples that sugimori gave on the interview with others...
he said that he has to ruin (in some way) pokemon that are too perfect to make them less cool with this kind of things
Well, he was right about Oshawott being hated to death and then kinda loved. Anyway it is a stupid assumption by him imo...but hey, he makes pokemon and I don't so...
Btw, someone please debunk them as soon as possible cause I'm starting to like them seriously and this is not a good thing for the real ones to come.

That's kinda dumb. Why purposely sabotage your potential money makers? For sake of identity? Also to be fair, people didn't like the lemur.

That's kinda dumb. Why purposely sabotage your potential money makers? For sake of identity? Also to be fair, people didn't like the lemur.
I mean, they may not "like" one or another but a lot of people neither "liked" Oshawott/Froakie/Popplio at the beginning. All of them have a great potential and despite what people say I think they can see it.

Well It makes sense, if someone is planning to compete againts pokemon, now they know the formula... "creating imperfect things". "Ruining their own artwork" lol.

I own the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon National Dex guidebook and I just looked at the interview with Ken Sugimori and can confirm that Sugimori actually said these things that @FadeTM said. That's honestly a really dumb way to go about designing Pokémon. And it makes me angry that he would think like that. Come on now, really Ken? :mad:

I own the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon National Dex guidebook and I just looked at the interview with Ken Sugimori and can confirm that Sugimori actually said these things that @FadeTM said. That's honestly a really dumb way to go about designing Pokémon. And it makes me angry that he would think like that. Come now, really Ken? :mad:
Let's just hope these are considered ruined by him :)

I still don't get "purposeful imperfections" again no design is perfect and no artist truly considers their work perfect. Therefore it's hard to tell how one could sabotage it.

I own the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon National Dex guidebook and I just looked at the interview with Ken Sugimori and can confirm that Sugimori actually said these things that @FadeTM said. That's honestly a really dumb way to go about designing Pokémon. And it makes me angry that he would think like that. Come on now, really Ken? :mad:
I think what he meant by that is "if a Pokémon is too Pokémon-like in design, I usually do something to make people doubt this. That way, it makes the Pokémon's design more unique." Basically, Game Freak is saying that if it seems too much like previous Pokémon designs, it may become stale. As for why Ken Sugimori talkled about "ruining" the design in his explanation, we all know Game Freak isn't the best with PR in interviews by now.

Im cuter that’s how :p

Nobody’s perfect and neither is any animal. My dog has a mole freckle thing on her underside. That could be considered imperfect. By adding stuff to the Pokémon it makes them more realistic. Giving oshawott the dots can make t like freckles, for kuxray like it’s lacking fashion sense. Etc. it’s make them more real becaise they’re not perfect and I think that’s what he’s aiming for.

I think what he meant by that is "if a Pokémon is too Pokémon-like in design, I usually do something to make people doubt this. That way, it makes the Pokémon's design more unique." We all know Game Freak isn't the best with PR in interviews by now.

I hope he means that instead. I mean, I'm not super angry if what he said in the Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon guidebook interview is true and this is how they go about designing Pokémon. Because they've apparently done this method for a long time and it's worked out for them. I love hundreds of Pokémon's designs. I just find it dumb that this is how Ken Sugimori thinks about designing Pokémon if his statements in that interview are really true.

Last edited:
I agree about a Pokemon Direct not happening on the Switch's anniversary since it's on a Tuesday. If it's to happen on any anniversary, the Pokemon anniversary on the 27th of this month would work better since it falls on a Tuesday.

This has probably been beaten to death, even by me, but... who really honestly cares if Zeroara and the Switch game are revealed in the Direct? The so-called "confusion" that people claim will happen doesn't matter to Game Freak in the grand scheme of things. People are going to download the little furry bugger no matter what game or Generation it belongs to. The only people that it matters to are the ones who like to follow strict rules and patterns, and those people are in the minority.

This was posted on 4chan /vp/.

Wtf

Attachments

• 1519166784673.jpg
    1519166784673.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 135
Yeah I'm not a big fan of the supposedly leaked starters. Their just to generic, it doesn't really have the fantasy animal aspect that I've come to love from Pokemon. But it seems the view on them is mostly positive so ehh. The problem is if I had to pick one I'm just not sure I would care enough. Oh gosh picking starters is always the hardest part.

Edit:

Oh gosh that leak with the bunny mon looks really fake. Like one of those recolors you see on YouTube.

This was posted on 4chan /vp/.

Wtf

Looks fake to me. Metapod's 3D model looks to be reused from Generations VI and VII and it looks like the Pokémon were just pasted on to the background. I suppose that reusing models doesn't mean it's fake though. I can see Game Freak reusing models from Generations VI and VII for the Switch game. But who is that Pokémon battling Metapod? Is that the recently leaked Fire-type Rabbit Starter? Looking at it from the back kinda reminds me of Bunnelby in a way. Maybe it is Bunnelby and the lighting is bad. I'll have to stare at it some more.

EDIT: Upon looking at it more, it appears that it is just a poor attempt to make the leaked Fire-type Rabbit Starter fit in to the picture by using Bunnelby's model. So it's probably fake.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom