• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks fake to me. Metapod's 3D model looks to be reused from Generations VI and VII and it looks like the Pokémon were just pasted on to the background. I suppose that resuing models doesn't mean it's fake though. I can see Game Freak just reusing models from Generations VI and VII for the Switch game. But who is that Pokémon battling Metapod? Is that the recently leaked Fire Rabbit Starter? Looking at it from the back kinda reminds me of Bunnelby in a way. Maybe it is Bunnelby and the lighting is bad. I'll have to stare at it some more.
Isn't it pretty much confirmed they will reuse the models just upscaled?

This was posted on 4chan /vp/.

Wtf
No way that's real. There's a huge art difference between the bunny and the Metapod-Metapod's outlines are clear, while the bunny doesn't have any at all. And like Dialgafan said-it's literally using the Gen 6 model of Metapod.
This is another method to debunk leaks courtesy of /Vp/

Anonymous 02/20/18(Tue)17:16:01 No.▶>>34935918
give these a week. If the artist doesn’t reveal themselves within 1-1.5 weeks, they have a good chance of being real. Fingers crossed lads, these are dope
It's not exactly hard to wait longer than ten days to come forward. A fake leaker would have gone to the trouble of making their work look credible, so why not wait a while to give it even more fake credibility? It takes literally no effort.

Goodbye my lovely Platypus. It was good until it lasted. Hope to see another you before gen 9 announcement.
I need some time to recover. Sorry.

Today, February 20th, water starters lovers lost another platypus.

Hmm...It all comes together...

Attachments

• 1519168783324.png
    1519168783324.png
    255.3 KB · Views: 102
People shouldn't get too hyped about this. I don't know why, but I feel the person who created this spent to much time making the art look perfect. That's not to say they're fake, but I can see this being made from someone other than GameFreak. The Gen 7 starter leaks seemed pretty official when I first saw them, but I'm unsure about these ones.

Not long honestly. You'd be surprised how fast artists can work.
Somehow I would prefer the starters to be fake (sigh Platypus!) rather then accepting the battle screen to be basically the same as past two generations. I'm expecting something, let's not say revolutionary, but different at least.

We dont know if its a "Meanian" Bunnelby :)

Upon even closer inspection of the picture and re-looking at the Fire-type Rabbit Starter's design, it looks a lot like Bunnelby. Down to the whiskers, ears, and overall body shape. It's pretty obvious at this point that the picture is an attempt to make the Fire-type Rabbit Starter by using Bunnelby's model. I have my doubts about this recent trio of Starters being real. Especially since @lavandula's latest video came out with her thoughts on them (I posted the video a few pages back). But it was nice to see that these leaks got some big people in the community discussing them like Joe Merrick of Serebii and Paul of Pokéjungle and a lot of other people excited and hyped. That's honestly what leak season is all about really. Getting people excited then disappointed for when the real stuff actually shows up. Lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom