• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that makes me raise an eyebrow is that: He states he is not the artist but the creator is 50 sfumature di Heliolisk. But Heliolisk’s art style is a completely different then this one.

I’m betting on their fake but they’ll need to show more then just what looks like a redraw of the concept art with slightly brighter colors.

NO

I REFUSE

THIS CAN'T BE IT

VAFFANCULO ITALIA
One thing that makes me raise an eyebrow is that: He states he is not the artist but the creator is 50 sfumature di Heliolisk. But Heliolisk’s art style is a completely different then this one.

I’m betting on their fake but they’ll need to show more then just what looks like a redraw of the concept art with slightly brighter colors.
This is the artist:

View: https://www.facebook.com/50shadesofHeliolisk/photos/pb.657101627697984.-2207520000.1519234391./1706862776055192/?type=3&theater

The italian fandom was startng to suspect something when his friend, a popular youtuber, refused to say his opinion on the starters. Also, the website they are related to didn't post the rumors like it always does. The leaks became the fakes, we have to accept it.

Guy on 4-Chan claiming to be an intern Character modeller for Gamefreak, says Platypus etc. are fake and that the designs (attached) are real, he also provided various angles of a 3D as "proof". Take with a bucket of salt until we see more.
Link: /vp/ - Bad news. - Pokémon - 4chan
https://i.********/vp/1519209028883.jpg https://i.********/vp/1519206405799.png

@lavandula proved these three Starters to be fake. The leaker is claiming that the they are not fake, hell, I don't buy it for a second. He's probably just trying to get attention and make people upset. Don't believe everything you see.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsB7cU9OEWg

Last edited:
So, we're back to where we were before all of these "leaks".

I do believe we will be getting something next Tuesday on Pokémon-Day, its hard for them to not utilize that day for some sort of announcement

zeraora reveal if we are lucky enough
I do believe that one reveal does not have to mess with the other, we are overthinking this too much and making this rule that TPCi has to announce Zeraora before any new game announcement.

We can have Zeraora being revealed along with the movie title later in the week and that will absolutely be fine I guess.

Heliolisk was on 4-chan sharing some of his sketches of the Fakemon before colour and formatting

So, we're back to where we were before all of these "leaks".

I do believe we will be getting something next Tuesday on Pokémon-Day, its hard for them to not utilize that day for some sort of announcement

Well they did nothing special with it last year so they don't have to do anything this year honestly

So, I went to find out what other time the games have released early in the year. Turns out, it's only happened once: for FR/LG. (and this same year had a second release later: Emerald) B/W2 released in the middle of the year, but that is the only other discrepancy I've found in their normal release schedule of late in the year. Mind you, this has never been concrete, and they shift the dates around all the time.

So, I went to find out what other time the games have released early in the year. Turns out, it's only happened once: for FR/LG. (and this same year had a second release later: Emerald) B/W2 released in the middle of the year, but that is the only other discrepancy I've found in their normal release schedule of late in the year. Mind you, this has never been concrete, and they shift the dates around all the time.
Those aren't even new generations either.

Yeah....you can't compare the Switch game with remakes or 3rd versions because that's not what it is. So it coming out early 2019 will be quite different, but given it's the first game of it's kind being on the Switch I'm not sure when it comes out matters

Yeah....you can't compare the Switch game with remakes or 3rd versions because that's not what it is. So it coming out early 2019 will be quite different, but given it's the first game of it's kind being on the Switch I'm not sure when it comes out matters
Cause you assume that all pokemon fans have money on their own. What you are forgetting is that 50% of the people who buy pokemon are not even in high school. Kids. There's a good chance they will receive the game for Christmas. Not the same high chance of receiving games in February or March or April. Also forgetting that the Switch has sold 16 milions units for now. Let's say they will double before pokemon release, those will be anyway half of the Nintendo 3ds out there at the moment. A lot of people have to buy both Switch and Pokemon and I don't know how many parents will be so happy to spend 350 dollars two months after Christmas. So yeah, March or December can make the difference for both Nintendo and Pokemon because both are not trying for a 2018 release, they are trying for a Christmas release as soon as possible.

I still wouldn't be surprised if the Plus and Minus leaks turned out to be even partly true. As we've seen before, leakers often throw in random pieces of information mostly to protect themselves of their identity. The leaks emerged around the same time as the "Nintendo NX" leaks, and I do believe that these games would not have started Game Development, but instead would've been in Concept Development. Hence, the information that was leaked could've easily changed over time. Sure, it's most likely fake, but I do think it's an interesting leak. Pokebank will probably be a location in the overworld this generation, that's what I like most about it to be honest

Cause you assume that all pokemon fans have money on their own. What you are forgetting is that 50% of the people who buy pokemon are not even in high school. Kids. There's a good chance they will receive the game for Christmas. Not the same high chance of receiving games in February or March or April. Also forgetting that the Switch has sold 16 milions units for now. Let's say they will double before pokemon release, those will be anyway half of the Nintendo 3ds out there at the moment. A lot of people have to buy both Switch and Pokemon and I don't know how many parents will be so happy to spend 350 dollars two months after Christmas. So yeah, March or December can make the difference for both Nintendo and Pokemon because both are not trying for a 2018 release, they are trying for a Christmas release as soon as possible.

See here's the thing.....If the game comes out in Spring 2019 that wouldn't be the very first time initial games have come out in the Spring. I realize that kind of contradicts what I said above, but regardless of that the west has seen Pokemon games being released in the Spring and many of them were not 3rd versions. The only country that has stayed firmly in the late fall and early winter camp is Japan. Initial Pokemon titles will always sell well regardless of when they launch. Some may do better than others, but over all Pokemon games generally sell better than many other series. Also as far as kids are concerned what's stopping them from saving up? When I was a kid and I wanted a game or something I did chores, looked for loose change, kept money from birthdays and saved every last penny I could find. Is it really that hard for kids these days to try and save a little money in the run up to the games themselves? They know it's coming so why not put a little bit of the burden on themselves rather than leaving it up to whether they get it for Christmas or whatever holiday they celebrate? In addition to that you're assuming everyone has to buy it on launch day. Once again when I was a kid if I didn't have the money to buy something at launch or wasn't going to get it as a gift then I had to wait. There's nothing wrong with that. They may not like it, but that's kind of how it works. If Nintendo REALLY wanted to hit the holiday market they would have announced the Switch earlier and then made Zelda a holiday title like they did with Mario. Sometimes releases don't match up with holidays. That doesn't mean sales will be terrible. Finally by your logic if they don't get the game out this year then they should sit on it until late next year instead of just releasing it when they're ready. If they just need a few extra months to get things done then why wait until Nov/Dec to release when they can release it in the Spring or Summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom