• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here are my thoughts on the movie and potential game connection. I do agree that an eeveelution is likely. Possibly even a flying type. Which honestly is interesting as it would possibly mean our first non legend pure flying type. As for the Pokemon the little girl is talking to I assumed it was Zeraora. Sure she's looking down, but based on the scene it looks like she's protecting whatever it is. So maybe Zeraora is lying down due to being hurt? That would explain why she looks down. I just can't see them introducing a 3rd Pokemon to be in the spotlight for the movie. Zeraora and Lugia would already cover that. It'd get a little crowded I think.

BW was revealed in april and I guess the didn't feel the need for a trailer yet since SM didn't get one until may.

They would probably want to start advertizing it right away
So my guess is logos in march
Trailer in March,April, or may

So here are my thoughts on the movie and potential game connection. I do agree that an eeveelution is likely. Possibly even a flying type. Which honestly is interesting as it would possibly mean our first non legend pure flying type. As for the Pokemon the little girl is talking to I assumed it was Zeraora. Sure she's looking down, but based on the scene it looks like she's protecting whatever it is. So maybe Zeraora is lying down due to being hurt? That would explain why she looks down. I just can't see them introducing a 3rd Pokemon to be in the spotlight for the movie. Zeraora and Lugia would already cover that. It'd get a little crowded I think.
I don't think a new eeveelution would be in the spotlight at all. If it happens it will be something like: at the end of the movie Lugia brings back the wind and eevee evolves. Also I would not assume that Zeraora will be in the spotlight either cause you know ---> Marshadow last year, basically being in the movie with no real reason.
Project eevee made a movie poster with focus on eevee only, I mean I see GF screaming eeveelution.

BW was revealed in april and I guess the didn't feel the need for a trailer yet since SM didn't get one until may.

They would probably want to start advertizing it right away
So my guess is logos in march
Trailer in March,April, or may
I would rather have a May announcement + long trailer, starters, region and Legends then logos in March and then nothing for 3 months.

So this is a really outside chance, but I figured I'd post it--

I had an idea that maybe Lugia's big news and the new Eevee are one and the same? Like it's some new mechanic, and flying-type Eevee resembles Lugia, takes on its traits and one of its types somehow. Lugia doesn't get a new form, but there's still a Lugia-related surprise in store. And new Eevees tend to come with new evolution mechanics.

I still think the most likely scenario is an unrelated flying Eevee and new Lugia form that ties into a new mechanic (the new version of Megas/Primals/Ultra), but this idea popped in my head last night when people were speculating that the movie would end with Lugia bringing the wind to the city and that somehow causing Eevee to evolve.

And it's apparently not so weird that I'm the only one that thought of it, someone on ResetEra came up with it independently of me.

Okay, someone explain to me why they have to spend months doing absolutely nothing at the beginning of promotion.

Lagro.png

Can you imagine Zeraora lying down behind her? I can't.

She is protecting something in the cave
Not really, in the following frame, she turns around and she is seen lowering her arms and looking down. This means she didn't move and that what she is protecting is right behind her. It looks like she is talking to a small pokemon but Zeraora may have also been edited for now.

GF as every major company starts a new project years before its release.
2010: B/W released-->X/Y started;
2013: X/Y release-->S/M started.
Don't you think GF at some point before s/m announcement started to think about gen 8 like they have always done? If they knew US/UM would have been the last games on the 3ds, then what exactly have they been doing for the last two years (at least) if they didn't want to make a game for the Switch? What's Masuda doing since 2013? What was Ohmori doing when the young team was working on Us/Um? They may have understimated the Switch, but right now it's the only portable console available for Nintendo beside 3DS and GF already said that Us/Um was intended to be the last installaments on 3DS.
If they liked it or not is not important. The Switch was what they had and what Nintendo told them to work on.

This is obvious in my opinion. It's not uncertain if they wanted/had to create a game for the Switch or not, what's uncertain is when exactly they started working on it.
POSSIBILITY 1:
Masuda left ORAS/SM/USUM to work on the switch title in 2014 (in the same year Super Mario Odissey was started) or early 2015.
POSSIBILITY 2:
Masuda started the Switch titles in late 2015, early 2016 before s/m announcement.
POSSIBILITY 3:
Masuda started the Switch titles after March 2017. Unrealistic, cause they announced the games three months later with a "2018 or later" release, which means 2018 was the goal and one and half year is not enough to create a game that was (at least) meant to be release in late 2018.
Great points, hoping that is what masuda has been working on then.

How do we know oddessy slstaryed work in 2014?

i like the idea new eeve evolution its flying pokemon and liza seems pretty well hope his peronality in action dont dissapoint me

I don't think a new eeveelution would be in the spotlight at all. If it happens it will be something like: at the end of the movie Lugia brings back the wind and eevee evolves. Also I would not assume that Zeraora will be in the spotlight either cause you know ---> Marshadow last year, basically being in the movie with no real reason.
Project eevee made a movie poster with focus on eevee only, I mean I see GF screaming eeveelution.

Oh. No I wasn't talking about the Eeveelution being in the spot light. I agree that it'll be in the movie. It wouldn't be in the spotlight. But if the secret Pokemon isn't Zeraora then idk what it would be

But weren't they so certain that the switch would fail? I mean granted if nintendo told them this is the next console start working on the next game they likely worked on it regardless of thinking how well it'd do. There were still working on sun and Moon though, but maybe that's why it was unfinished because they started working on switch games and sun moon at the same time and because of that.

Still masuda saying don't expect too much is a big Red flag to me that even he thinks it's rushed.

Ishihara was the one who said he didn't have faith in the switch. He's with TPCI, so while he thought it wouldn't be successful, it's very likely gamefreak was well underway on development for the switch game. The " don't expect too much" quote was him referring to the people that have been expecting some massive reinvention of the series just because it's coming to a home console.

Oh. No I wasn't talking about the Eeveelution being in the spot light. I agree that it'll be in the movie. It wouldn't be in the spotlight. But if the secret Pokemon isn't Zeraora then idk what it would be

Lugia is the "Diving pokemon" and Zeraora is "The thunderclap pokemon". If Lugia is bringing the "wind" to the city .. The spotlight should be for the "Wind pokemon".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom