• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

oh boi.. so i guess it's not over yet

wGxL0.jpg

How likely is an announcement for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon for the switch ?

The series is typically fairly simplistic in visuals, wouldn’t that be better for the 3ds ?
It's likely for the switch seeming the first 3DS game was Mystery Dungeon: Gates to infinity which was 2012 in Japan and then we got Super Mystery Dungeon in 2015.
Seems redundant to have a third game on the same console.

I could be remembering wrong, but has any of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games ever been announced in a Corocoro issue? I had a thought that maybe you get Zeraora into USUM by transferrng one from MPS, because wasn't there a Mythical in the past that did a similar thing?

Or maybe I'm confused... ?

I could be remembering wrong, but has any of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games ever been announced in a Corocoro issue? I had a thought that maybe you get Zeraora into USUM by transferrng one from MPS, because wasn't there a Mythical in the past that did a similar thing?

Or maybe I'm confused... ?
Manaphy from Rangers to DPP is maybe what you are thinking of? Corocoro covers MD but I don't think it's ever revealed one before.

What if we get zeraora as a present from another ranger game like manaphy that would be cool or maybe a transfer from a dungeon game?(i like ranger games more than mystery dungeon to be honest) also hopefully they make another conquest game

Opinions on previous discussions I saw while catching up:

REBOOT
Look, if they reboot us and put us in Kanto, I better dang well be getting a total hard reboot. Kanto is totally revitalized. Not just a 3D version of FR/LG overworld. I better see a Kanto that looks and feels more realistic like the world construction in Sun and Moon. No longer should all the doors face south. No longer should I wonder how the hell any ships get out of Vermillion since there's no actual straight way to the main ocean due to the ocean routes creating giant rock barriers no boat could ever hope to pass through. Maybe also let us visit the Sevii Islands again. Make the towns more interesting and diverse looking. Make the gyms more interesting and like locations normal people may visit.
(Like, incorporate the fossil half of the Pewter Museum with Brock's gym. Misty's gym actually a Public Pool. Explain why the hell Surge is so goddamn paranoid that he not only made it so only people with cut and technically surf can reach his gym, only to find out he's hid himself behind an electric barrier to make you dig around in trash to get to him.) Change Surge's title to the Lightning Unovan or something. In fact, maybe remove any and all references to real world places/things from the gen 1 era game stuff. We've got enough regions and pokemon now that we can either just say the equivalent region's name for some things or 'far away region' for places.

They could actually make Team Rocket feel like a threat. Because honestly outside that one time we saw a police officer in Cerulean City it didn't seem like there was any real effort on anyone to try and deal with Team Rocket at all. I mean hell, a grunt was keeping anyone from entering Sabrina's gym. Rocket Grunts usually only have Rattata, Ekans, Arbok, Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, Zubat and Drowzee. Now, most of those are poison types. You're gonna tell me that Sabrina couldn't just step outside her gym, take out their pokemon, and then stop the Silph Co. building takeover? Maybe a reboot could have team rocket actually using ghost pokemon they originally caught with the Silph Scope and that's the reason why they stole it in the first place? Speaking of gym leaders, a Reboot could actually have our Gym leaders and Elite Four doing things beside stand inside a building to be fought!

That's just a few things that have me alright with a Reboot.

Pokemon Saying Their Names
NOPE NOPE NOPE NO THANKS NAH MANG NU UH NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The anime is stupid for doing that. I'd sooner have pokemon just make real life animal noises before having to hear PIDGEY PIDGEY, ARTICUNOOOOO, ZUBATZUBATZUBATZUBAT ad nausium. I love the game's cries. They are good. You can pry DELELELELEWOOOOOOOOOOOOOP from my cold dead hands.

On top of my utter distaste for such things... we gotta remember that pokemon have different names in other countries. It would mean taking longer to translate the games if we have to record every single Pokemon saying their name with different voice actors in order to have accurate and diverse pokemon sounds. Pikachu only got away with it because it only goes by Pikachu everywhere...

*kicks Pikachu in the teeth for bringing that nonsense into the games*

Battles Being No Longer Turn Based
Why do people want every rpg to stop being turn based. I *LIKE* turn based combat. It works so well for Pokemon. I don't WANT to have to move Charmander closer/around my opponent so Ember will reach them. I don't want a move to be stopped because Rattata used Tackle in the middle of the Ember animation. Also how would two-on-two battles even WORK outside turn based combat? I've already had to change AI in past games so that [Insert token Magic user] doesn't use up all his/her MP spamming magic or useing magic that the enemy is strong against/healed by in Tales Games. I had to take items away from Goofy and Donald so they wouldn't use up all our potions while I'm casting cure on myself because they both decided "SORA U DYING I BETTER HEEL U" at the same exact time after Sora shouted "Cure!" I don't wanna have to deal with the pokemon I'm not actively controlling spamming earthquake because that's its strongest earth move and at least one of our opponents is poison type. And that opponent has levitate so its not even doing anything. Oh now it doesn't have any PP for Earthquake anymore great. You know how you were able to cheese Ultra Necrozma with that Zoroark strategy? Or those who had Hau's Primarina knock out your pokemon because SPARKLING ARIA CAN HEAR BURNS THEREFORE IT IS A GOOD MOVE TO USE ON FRIENDS. Dumb AI programming isn't just relegated to the enemy if we have an action battle with an AI on your team...

On top of that the outrage from the metagame fandom that would inevitably happen would be atomic.

Basically: Reboot is fine, but for the love of god don't take the pokemon cries away or turn pokemon into yet another classic RPG that decided "nah man lets completely alter the battle style."
bold = agreed with you

Well, the only thing I didn't consider before is that it seems that all they need to do is any finishing touches and just to prepare the localizations and promotion. They wanted to make 2018 and were dead set on doing it by any means, even bolstering their numbers. Why the crunch? The most concerning manner in there is not having promotional material ready, but in that case, they shouldn't have bothered trying for the 2018 slot since so many others already have it. At least they had a product ready, which I think would be the only reason they were willing to give a slot to them as long as they could get material ready for them. If they did, then we will know soon. If there is a limit on that, I wouldn't wager it is that far. By GDC to be certain. After that, I would think if it hasn't been slotted for this year, then it'll be relegated to E3 and won't show up until next year.

Well, the only thing I didn't consider before is that it seems that all they need to do is any finishing touches and just to prepare the localizations and promotion. They wanted to make 2018 and were dead set on doing it by any means, even bolstering their numbers. Why the crunch? The most concerning manner in there is not having promotional material ready, but in that case, they shouldn't have bothered trying for the 2018 slot since so many others already have it. At least they had a product ready, which I think would be the only reason they were willing to give a slot to them as long as they could get material ready for them. If they did, then we will know soon. If there is a limit on that, I wouldn't wager it is that far. By GDC to be certain. After that, I would think if it hasn't been slotted for this year, then it'll be relegated to E3 and won't show up until next year.

Hey maybe they did add voice acting to these games and part of the uncertainty in release is not knowing how long it'll take the localization teams to get that done for a global launch? XD

Hey maybe they did add voice acting to these games and part of the uncertainty in release is not knowing how long it'll take the localization teams to get that done for a global launch? XD

Er... aren’t they working with Nintendo? I think Nintendo would have a fair idea of how long Voice acting takes. They'd have discussed it if GameFreak was uncertain on the timing.

Except that the Chinese Riddler said enough to make this sound different than a BW-like scenario:

lavandula said:
Unless it's being kicked out from the main history/timeline.
But since it's a reboot on its own meaning, if it's not being pushed forward, then we won't have Gen 8, it will all reset.

Except that the Chinese Riddler said enough to make this sound different than a BW-like scenario:
I mean, with generation is usually intended new pokemon in a new region and a third game or a couple of remakes settled in the timeline of the first games of that generation.This is what generations have been for the last 22 years.
Even if next games will be settled in a new region, with new pokemon and all the 807 previous pokemon will be out, those games will be gen 8 anyway. The same thing can be said for a remake of Kanto with a different plot but the same pokemon. Just a different remake not gen 8.
The only scenario I can imagine for a reboot that could restart the timeline is a couple of games settled in the Kanto of 22 years ago but with just new pokemon and a different plot that is completly different from gen 1. This would reset the timeline ok, buy it's basically gen 8 in Kanto. It's not really that apocalyptic. It's like visiting the multiverse that GF has built in the last 5 years from another point of view.

I wonder if the reason for the confusion is that they are each seeing different aspects of the game, but they are still all in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom