• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking that the game is most likely coming out in 2019. It's now mid-March. XY and SM were already revealed at this time of year. Late reveals tend to be either third versions or remakes, and I don't think that the Switch game will be either one of those things.
Didn't some games get revealed in april, which it isn't yet?

Speaking of evolutionary method retcons, I hope we get contests back again (and Milotic's original evolutionary method), with some sort of redesign- I really loved Sinnoh contests, with the Poffin cooking minigame and the dress-up and rhythm game aspects... it wouldn't necessarily have to be those things specifically, but some kind of minigame aspect would be really nice. The Hoenn style of contests that they brought back for ORAS are too luck-based for my taste.

So the only other time was the last games that sold seperately in the US? Plus march and april isn't exactly late in the year
New gens have certainly been revealed way early in the year recently. Most likely because GF wants more time to hype up the game.

Sun/Moon were revealed very late into February. It was nearly March by that point, and we didn't actually hear anything until May. There's still plenty of time left to reveal the games in my opinion.

I do agree I find it odd that they haven't shown anything yet. You'd think that with this will be the most ambitious generation yet, on the most powerful hardware, they'd want to reveal it as early as possible to get the hype going, yet things have been oddly quiet.

I've seen speculation that the first switch game(s) wont be a new generation and that's why they're waiting so long to reveal it similar to ORAS and USUM, and I know that with gamefreak you can never really tell whats next but I find it extremely hard to think they'd make their first games on new hardware anything but a new generation.

Sun/Moon were revealed very late into February. It was nearly March by that point, and we didn't actually hear anything until May. There's still plenty of time left to reveal the games in my opinion.

I do agree I find it odd that they haven't shown anything yet. You'd think that with this will be the most ambitious generation yet, on the most powerful hardware, they'd want to reveal it as early as possible to get the hype going, yet things have been oddly quiet.

I've seen speculation that the first switch game(s) wont be a new generation and that's why they're waiting so long to reveal it similar to ORAS and USUM, and I know that with gamefreak you can never really tell whats next but I find it extremely hard to think they'd make their first games on new hardware anything but a new generation.
That's why I think that the games would be revealed by now. SM's announcement occurred on the franchise's anniversary. It's now mid-March. The time to reveal a new gen (if it was coming out this year) has passed, in my opinion.

That's why I think that the games would be revealed by now. SM's announcement occurred on the franchise's anniversary. It's now mid-March. The time to reveal a new gen (if it was coming out this year) has passed, in my opinion.
I really doubt it, but you never seemed to account if it does release this year, it could in December.

Yes! If they were to reveal the games in April/May they would still have enough time to do a full roll out for a new generation like usual if the games were to release in December (loosely speaking, I might be like a month or two off).

But I also have a baseless hunch that this time around, we wont have some massive dry period of news right after the games announcement.

I'm thinking that the game is most likely coming out in 2019. It's now mid-March. XY and SM were already revealed at this time of year. Late reveals tend to be either third versions or remakes, and I don't think that the Switch game will be either one of those things.

Why did you have to bring this up again, we finally settled this debate some pages back. =_=

They'll have to show something sometime soon if they still plan on it being this year. They'll be kicked out for certain if they wait much longer.

Why did you have to bring this up again, we finally settled this debate some pages back. =_=

I'm really feeling this... it's way more fun to speculate over what could be coming, rather than arguing over whether 2018 or 2019 is more likely. I hope we get some news soon- I'm staying optimistic about the next few weeks, and if nothing comes, so be it, I'll just have to keep waiting. Being disappointed about Pokemon news isn't the worst thing that can happen to me, I'm willing to risk it. :LOL:

Speaking of which, how long does it usually take to announce and upcoming region when a new gen mon cameos in a movie or something?

For the 5th and 7th gens, a new mon WAS the first thing we saw, with the actual titles for BW being reveal many months after, and for the 7th, it was the very next month. The 6th gen actually revealed BEFORE they showed a new mon for the movie.

Besides, this game is already breaking precedents because technically it already was announced so they may not feel the need to "re-announce" SM style and then have 3 months of silence, and instead just drop an XY style trailer whenever they feel like starting the trailer season and then continue steadily each month until release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom