• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
LONG POST INCOMING HAHA:
I think something we need to keep in mind is how long they would want to advertise and market the game. While it is possible they could announce the game in the next 3-4 months and release the game this fall/holiday season. The problem is that would take away multiple months from their marketing timeline they've built up for themselves. The last 2 gens they've had a steady 9-10 month pre-release period for them to market the new initial titles for the new gens. Sure the early parts of those years they had a couple gap months, but those gap months are clearly used to get us started talking. They dangle some info in front of us and then stop. That makes us want more. So those gap months serve a purpose even if we don't realize it. If they announced the game at this point and release it this year they would be shortening their time to get us excited. That's less time to get the names out and less time for them to talk about the new Pokemon and features. Sure the games would still sell just as well, but every bit helps and that's why they've been doing what they have. Remakes and 3rd versions don't need as much time because they're not the main titles of the gens.

Now it's no secret at one point or another the game was set to come out this year. It's obvious that was their plan. We have to ask ourselves tho. Would they really shorten the amount of time they have to talk about a game for a brand new system? If they had done it for SM you could make the argument that everyone in their target range likely has a 3ds already so they're safe in shortening their advertising time.This time however they need to really sell fans into buying not only the game, but the system itself first.

Another thing to consider is Zeraora. I won't say it's impossible for Zeraora to be revealed with an almost immediate announcement for gen 8 after. The problem with that however, is not that it would "kill the hype for Zeraora" the way we see it, but there's a way of doing these things from a marketing stand point. If they want to properly advertise their merchandise why eclipse the very end of the current gen with the start of the new one? It logically doesn't make sense. WE may not care about Zeraora the way they want us to, but they have to care about it in the first place. Otherwise there's no point in even releasing it. It's not good for business to make something and not care about it.

I've said it multiple times, but I honestly think they'll stick to their 9-10 month release period and announce the game in full in June. That would land the games in the Spring of 2019. It's clear that even if they weren't 100% at the start of the year they still at least wanted the game to make 2018. At this point it's getting less and less likely unless they throw all caution to the wind. In any event I wholly believe we'll still get a crazy amount of into this year. The only difference between this release and ones of the past is that the pre-release season is shifted multiple months and the game releases just on the other side of the year it's being marketed in. That's what I see happening. I could be completely wrong and honestly I wouldn't be to disappointed if I am. Anyway if you read all this thanks for listening to what I had to say haha

Well, the only precedent we have is the third and fourth gens, and they were in a much different time and different circumstances for both. Things have changed significantly since then, and their standards were altered. That still doesn't answer whatever in the world they're doing now, since this situation is still very different from what was present for the 5-7th gens.

Aaanyone wanna talk about what they hope to see for a flying-type eeveelution? =D

Personally, this is my favorite flying eeveelution that I've ever seen- Fake scan
Also was passed around as a fake leak once, so you might remember it.

This one
Flying%2B-%2BLucas%2BCosta.jpg

A recap on the 2018/2019 debate because I was glad when we stopped talking about it...
  • They said "2018 or later" which means that they were confident enough in what they had done at that stage that they could be able to make a 2018 release. They are not going to take too much more time to develop the games, considering that if we do miss the 2018 deadline, we should still be at the localization/production stage at that point and the games should be ready to release by next January, maybe February or March at the worst. Not that any of this matters, because we'll have an announcement well before that.
  • The year of legendaries distribution is missing any events for December, which most likely implies that they have a different release planned for that month- could be the Switch games, and probably will be the Switch games, considering they intend to try to release in 2018 in the best case scenario and wouldn't expect us to be playing Sun or Moon or USUM at that time.
  • We allegedly have a leaker in trouble with Nintendo for leaking no more than an intended November 2018 release.
  • It was reported that Ultra Beast promotion ends in late April -
    View: https://twitter.com/PokeshopperVGC/status/972680667237580800

• Funny enough, the new mystery plushies get revealed in late April -
    View: https://twitter.com/Pokeshopper/status/973244890573307909

Which, when you compile all of that together... tells me that we should be getting the real start of our gen 8 news anytime between now and the end of April, assuming- as has been heavily hinted- that we are getting a new eeveelution starting with Movie 21.

That is freaking adorable. D8 I'll take it.

Well regardless of what happens I think this year is gonna be WEIRD. I've said it in years passed, but this year is for real gonna be an odd one. The marketing (anime, TCG, merch) is all off and it's juts crazy. I'm really excited to see what the new game is like. It doubt we'll have to wait more 3-4 months before hearing about it. I'm super excited to see which rumors were true and which weren't.

I was wondering when the anime is planned to end. Because I remember that episode where Mallow was holding a clapper with the number of episodes. it was something like 130. If this is real the anime would end after june in 2019. Would this not be a clue that the game is not coming this year?

Oh, I love the goggle eyes... that would be like, a dream, although I'm expecting something more like that for the bug type Eeveelution, if/whenever we get that one.

I don't think that Pokemon and Smash will come out at the same time. Releasing two big titles at the same time is corporate suicide because they will end up cannibalizing each other's sales.

I don't think that Pokemon and Smash will come out at the same time. Releasing two big titles at the same time is corporate suicide because they will end up cannibalizing each other's sales.
That or it would guarantee sales because that's two games that your kid really wants for the same console, so parents don't have to choose between whether to buy them a Switch or whatever Playstation or Xbox are releasing.

It is most likely gonna fall into the holiday season, which is the most likely time to buy multiple games- everyone's competing for that time frame, so you can either release two major titles for your console and improve the demand, or you can release one game and squabble with whatever your competitors are releasing.

I said this earlier, but Mario and Zelda both released in the same year and turned out fine. Besides, both are systems sellers, if they want smash or pokemon, they're free to get both

If this is actually a new eveelution that may be revealed in about a month and a half, could we potentionally expect an announcement of the game 1-3 months later making an announcement pre e3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom