• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

I think that it's just a coincidence. Going by that logic, Cresselia would have a relation to Moon. But I think that's unlikely.

In terms of the starters, I'm definitely picking Popplio in Sun. It's just far too cute to ignore and it's easily my favorite one in the batch. I really hope that it has good evolved forms and that will give it some more love. I'm going to get Moon as well, so I'm leading towards Litten for that game at the moment. I do like its design and I'd really like to see what it could evolve into. I like Rowlet, but I think it might be my least favorite of the new starters. It's not because I dislike Rowlet, but I just like Popplio and Litten more. The ton of fanart I've seen for it has made me like it more and there is still a chance that I could change my mind for my Moon starter.

There's very little chance of me not starting off Sun with Popplio at this point, but depending on the evolved forms for Litten and Rowlet, as well as what other Fire and Flying types are available, my starter for Moon could change. I do like the unique type combination Rowlet has and it would mean I'd have a free slot on my team instead of needing to get another Flying type.

So far I've got exactly what I wanted out of these new games: a cute little owl starter, and they even threw in a bow tie free of charge. I do wonder if these starters will have a similar showcasing to the Kalos regional starters meaning everyone loves one really well, fennekin, and then the complete reverse for their final forms where greninja was the most popular, but least favorite in the begining.

I think Popplio will have the most badass evo, because Water types tend to do that goofy to badass thing really well. I'm hoping Litten stays on all four legs, unlike every Fire starter that has come before it. And while Rowlet is adorable (and dapper) I honestly don't have any idea as to how it will end up. It has to be really unique to stand out from Noctowl and Xatu, but in any case I'm looking forward to seeing them all grown up :) Though I've come to the conclusion that I'm not too fussed about final evos - if I somehow don't like any of them, I just won't fully evolve them like I did with Braixen (I did love Froakie and Greninja and used it on my second playthrough, but Braixen is my favourite out of the Kalos starter lines).

It's a running joke at this point, I almost want Corocoro to never release concrete info so it can continue ... provided we're getting updates from GF and Nintendo. Even though I got the information I wanted and said I would tune out ... >_>

It's a running joke at this point, I almost want Corocoro to never release concrete info so it can continue ... provided we're getting updates from GF and Nintendo. Even though I got the information I wanted and said I would tune out ... >_>
Well, they confirmed Magearna's typing, so it's not like they had nothing...

At least we got a new Pokémon shown in the overworld.

image.png

EDIT: Looks like someone beat me. xD

Looks like the Rattata/Sentret/Zigzagoon/Bidoof of gen 7.

So, I rarely pay attention to poketubers and their fan theories as they are usually wildly off the mark or misinformed in some key points that discredit their theories, but this video makes a lot of sense. Like a lot a lot.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt2HMhA_Jk0

Considering how the Strange Souvenir was an item in game teasing the region, its possible they also did this with the sundail. Meanwhile, Kalos as the Sun Region could make sense, as its outline geographically resembles a star, and the Hawaiian islands make an arch resembling a cresent moon. The only thing that bugs me is that sun/moon is the theme of Gen 7,and that it isn't obvious sun stuff regarding legendaries for gen 6 and moon stuff for gen 7, but there are stuff that makes sense. Mostly for me its Yveltal and the Kalos cores being the sun side, and Xerneas and the theoretical Alola Cores being the moon side. Or at least its how I see things going down.

Just feels weird knowing that there should not be an ocean anywhere near Anistar City. If there is some type of cosmic and space/time distortion rather it be natural or by manipulation, Olympia would know. But at this point her inclusion into the new region is just pure speculation.

I think some people are just far too desperate to have Z that they'll tie anything into a sign of returning to kalos.
Considering how vitriolic that camp was to anyone who dared suggest anything else, I am not at all surprised that they're trying to vindicate themselves.

I'm pretty sure the best evidence to not returning to Kalos would be the fact that every single route and city would have to be rebuilt to scale up to SM's graphics, which would be way more time consuming than having to do that for Kanto in Gen II.

That and the person is saying that we are seeing Alola through Hoopa's portal...yet the screen shot shows the islands visible beside the Anistar Sundial, not through the hole. If it was only visible through the hole, then it would make sense, but its visible when you just look at the ocean.

EDIT:

While I am against his analysis regarding Kalos and Alola, it is interesting to note that France is at GMT +02 while Hawaii is at GMT -10.

Why is this relevant? If you plug that into a GMT converter:

8:00 PM GMT +02 (i.e., when the Anistar sun dial lights up) corresponds to 8:00 AM GMT -10.

This would essentially mean that if the Moondial, if activating at 8:00 AM will be activating at the exact same time as the Sundial--except the Sundial activates as the day ends, and the Moondial activates as the day begins. While I don't think the Sundial and Moondial will be used as a means to physically connect regions (really, we could just use a plane >_>), I do think that there is a link between Kalos and Alola (which of course, isn't unique given that Johto was retroactively given links to Hoenn and Sinnoh)

Now even if all this doesn't really matter its still interesting that time-wise, Hawaii and France are 12 hours away.

Last edited:
While I can understand why people would want to return to Kalos and I'm not completely against the idea myself, I'd much rather have them spend that time and space expanding more of the islands in Alola instead of using up space for Kalos. Exploring different large islands in the form of a region sounds pretty fun and interesting to me.

While I can understand why people would want to return to Kalos and I'm not completely against the idea myself, I'd much rather have them spend that time and space expanding more of the islands in Alola instead of using up space for Kalos. Exploring different large islands in the form of a region sounds pretty fun and interesting to me.
If anything, they may save some of the major Hawaiian islands for the post-game given that you probably don't need one island per gym. Game Freak can also use other Polynesian islands like Easter Island considering that the Strange Souvenir resembles the Moai monoliths on the island.

The Strange Souvenir also looks more similar to the restored version of one of those monoliths.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom