• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

@TouyaShiro I don´t care about Triple and Rot battles at all, personally. I just don´t like GF removing content without replacing it with at least an equal amount of content.

I know I am personally gonna like the Battle Tree more than the Battle Maison already. But it would still piss me off if it has less options than the Battle Maison, even if I don´t care about them.

Features have been known to be removed or not return in future pokemon games. It has happen many times. Gonna miss triple and rotation battles.

Can I ask you a couple of question, or give a theory, I want everybody to answer these questions
1. Does the Z-Rings does more than just unleashed the powerful attacks, it changes forms like Ash-Greninja, boost stats, and change typing like megas, but different, since it’s like “Z forms act in a similar manner to Megas but when they faint the player automatically loses the battle due to their sprit being connected to said Pokémon”, something similar to synchro evolution, I think there’s a chance on z-forms, since we’re not getting any new megas, do you think there’s a mechanic that surpasses mega evolution? Or there’s a chance of a new forms but they want to surprise us when we get the game?

I doubt we're getting Z-forms. If we were, Ash-Greninja would be one, but instead it is tied to an ability. So I'd say no.

2. Are the gyms are going to be a post-game content, because I was watching gamexplain, they were talking about theory on gyms and Pokemon league, He also sight the slot on each islands that people were tripping about, and they say the construction workers might work on the gyms, and also on the Chinese leaks stated that “they are no Traditional gyms” in the game, since you can challenge the Pokemon league, can you challenge the gyms before you take on the Pokemon league? Is it possible that gamexplain theory might be true? Were they wrong about “no gyms” system, but they want to surprise us, maybe they’re talking about in the main game, but not the postgame?

Yeah, I saw this video and it seems like gyms could be a thing. At least we know there will be an elite four and champion. I'd stay cautiously optimistic about having gyms, but it's possible we won't have them.

3. Is every Gym leaders, Elite four, Champion, and Rivals from across the Pokemon world going to be in Battle Tree, Since we saw Red, Blue, Cynthia, and Wally in the last trailer, Is it possible they are going to bring more than just champion and rivals?

I doubt we're getting every single important trainer. Yeah, the PWT in B2/W2 had all gym leaders and champions up to that existed at the time, but that's because, with the exception of the Hoenn ones, they already had appearances in DS games before, so GF didn't need to make too many new sprites. This time however, they'd need to make new 3D models for all characters that aren't in XY or ORAS or are but use just artwork in these games. I think we'll just get some of the more popular characters, like Lance and Steven.

4. Can we go back to Kalos Region in the Post-game, Since everybody speculating because of the size of pokemon sun and moon, so is it possible we might go back to kalos or not?

I don't think we're going to Kalos. The reason for the huge file size is most likely all of the new models.

5. Can you use Z-move and Megas at the same time, because I read on twitter by Phillip Beatty, and he says DATAMINE NEWS:
Mega Evolution Icon replaces the Z-Power icon when your Pokemon is equipped with a Mega Stone. They are Interchangeable,
So is it possible you can use Z-moves and Megas at the same time?

Yes, it's been confirmed that we can use both at the same time.

6. The final question, Is ash going to be in the Pokemon Sun and Moon game, Because I was reading on Pokejungle the other day, and they say there’s a possible link between game and anime, there’s a trademark on ash’s name , especially since it relate to Ash-Greninja, and Ash-Pikachu, and they’re speculating the “it all comes together” means the every famous trainer in pokemon history are going to appear in Battle Tree, related to Question #2 about every gym leaders, elite four, champions, and rivals appearing in the battle tree, Is it possible that ash going to be in the game, and also anime character are going to be in the game? Are Gamefreak finally going to break the tradition of game and anime? Is this going to be the best pokemon game you’ve ever played?

I don't know about having Ash appear. I mean, we do have Ash-Greninja in the demo and we can transfer it to the main game, but the demo is non-canon so that probably applies to Ash-Greninja too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking, if Triple and Rotation battles are really gone from the Battle Tree, what if Inverse Battles and Rental Battles return and get expanded? That would be great.

Last edited:
Yes, it's been confirmed that we can use both at the same time.

Not really. A Pokémon can only hold one of the stones: or a Mega stone or a Z-Move stone. So technically we can't use both at the same time.

I actually quite enjoyed Rotation Battles. I overplayed it in the PWT with rental Pokemon. But I am not disappointed to see it gone. No comment on Triple Battles since I didn't play it much.

Not really. A Pokémon can only hold one of the stones: or a Mega stone or a Z-Move stone. So technically we can't use both at the same time.

I tought he/she meant using both in the same battle. Of course we can't have Charizard mega evolve and then use the fire-type Z-move afterwards. But we can have Charizard mega evolve, and then switch out to Pikachu and have it use a Z-move.

If we didn't get XY2 why would we get SM2?

Because Hoenn remakes were an alternative option to XY2, whereas the sort of game that could follow SM is much less clear.

Not saying that I think SM2 will happen, but it's not exactly the same situation here as it was with XY.

I don't see any new Gen 7 games after Sun and Moon due to two? reasons:

- The Switch releases in March 2017. They don't want another Black/White situation. So the earliest release for a main Switch game would be 2018 with Generation 8.

- Every generation has had at least one gap year. Generation 7 still needs its gap year which will be 2017.

So combine the two and you get:
2017 - Nothing but spin-offs
2018 - Gen 8

This is just my theory and not fact.

Sorry but two games for gen 7 is ludicrous. We already had a gap year so next year it be another game or two. The Switch won't have main series games until gen 8 which won't happen until two more gen 7 games.

Sun and Moon should not be treated as the best games ever when we haven't even played it. The next games after the first pair of games is always better so Sun and Moon are likely to be outclassed by their sequels/third versions or Sinnoh remakes. We will get another pair of gen 7 games.

Because what they did in the previous generation is really no indication of what they'll do this time. They haven't had a consistent pattern since Gen IV

We really aren't far enough removed from 4th gen to say that. Additionally, it'd make a lot less sense for them to randomly skip one generation as opposed to gradually phasing them out. Even by Game Freak's logic, skipping a third version/sequel because it's not "surprising enough" and then suddenly doing a 180 and going right back to making one makes no sense whatsoever. It'd make a lot more sense if they simply decided they wanted to phase them out.

Really, what we know seems to point to that anyway, seeing as the leaks indicate
no apparent third version mascot whatsoever.
They're probably going to leave SM with much less loose ends than XY did so there's no expectations for another entry in the first place (beyond just people expecting them for the sake of patterns). Certainly, after the criticisms on XY's content and the expectations for a Z version they should want SM to feel more complete. No sequel hooks, no unresolved plotlines and mysteries specific to the Alola region, nothing that brings the expectation that we're returning to the region whatsoever.

Because what they did in the previous generation is really no indication of what they'll do this time. They haven't had a consistent pattern since Gen IV
People wouldn't even agree that Gen IV's mascot would be Giratina (and thought it would be Cresselia, Mesprit, or for some odd reason, Heatran) because Crystal had Suicine.

Fans aren't great at forecasting new games. Some fans clearly do it better than others, but the vast majority of people don't. It doesn't help that Game Freak doesn't even have any consistent logic...they put hints in BW about sequels but apparently planned paired third versions and only did sequels because Satoru Iwata told them to do "something new". And as much as I'd like to pretend like Z was never planned, Game Freak clearly decided to cast a wide net and allow for the possibility of both Z and moving to a new generation.

Guess we could be heading to a GenVII-must-have-more-games-belief vs Gen VIII. This could get heated. :/

Too early to confirm new games for gen 7 so Sun and Moon should be the primary focus until we worn the games out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too early to confirm new games for gen 7 so Sun and Moon should be the primary focus until we worn the games out.
It could be too early. But that won't stop the fans from speculating the next games. Be they Gen VII or Gen VIII, the debates, speculations and theories will reign on.

I'm on the side of "Gen VII needs more games". If other companies are still making games for the 3DS, why shouldn't GF? Also, Gen VII would look incomplete with only two games. GF never rushes to get on the newest platform, they always wait until that platform has a dedicated player base. I am certain that will have a new Gen 7 game, whether it be Kanto sequels/Sinnoh remakes/Alola sequels/Something else.

Back
Top Bottom