• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

That isn't the only place you bring suitcases, though, and we don't even know that the suitcase and the building have any connection beyond being in the same shot.

I just can't think of any other places (that looks like that building) where you'd bring a suitcase. Just looking at the building itself and the surrounding area, it screams hotel to me. From the water fountain in the front, to the path leading all the way up to the archway where a person coming to a hotel would drive through, to the entrance of the building, and just the building as a whole, it looks like a hotel.

Last edited:
I am so sure it's a hotel. Anyway, due to all the Water-type Pokemon, maybe it's a Water-type gym as well?

I hadn't thought about that, but that could be a possibility. Like Lenora's gym in BW where it was a museum in the front and then in the back part it was a Pokémon Gym.

It could be a Hotel and a Gym, yeah. After all, the Lumiose tower doubled as a Gym, too.

Actually, I think I would like it if we got more of that. More Gyms that have a secondary function like a hotel, a bar, a museum etc. or the Gym is the secondary function to whatever the building is for.

Unless they really want to abandon it so quickly, Gyms have a unique logo in Kalos, a Poké Ball in the shape of a G. I'm sure you've noticed it, and the logo is applied to ORAS as well, so it seems like to me that they've finally come up with the official logo for a Pokémon Gym. Abandoning it after a remake uses it seems pretty silly to me. Edit: It has come to my attention that they started using this logo in the Unova games, and it's been a friggin' long time since I last played, so I only thought about it briefly before dismissing the thought. Does that mean it's more or less likely to be part of a Pokémon Gym's design in Sun & Moon? I dunno, but I'd definitely be on the lookout for it.

Gym_Symbol.png

Also, due to all the Water-type Pokemon being first stage or non-evolved Pokemon, maybe the Gym will be very early in the game?

I always found it weird that there is an international gym sigil, especially in ORAS, suddenly ut was always there apparently. Especially how it originated in Unova, and it fits Unova's style to the tee.

I always found it weird that there is an international gym sigil, especially in ORAS, suddenly ut was always there apparently. Especially how it originated in Unova, and it fits Unova's style to the tee.
Yeah, I'd rather every League have their own logo, unless this is some sort of FIFA situation.

I'd like to see an anime style league in a game, where you verse others to then verse the Elite Four. It would also be good if they could do an online version of that to. You start in the bottom league of 16, then you slowly increase you way up to the top league (this is for the online version). A bit like that PC soccer game on the store with the big head and small boot?

I'd like to see an anime style league in a game, where you verse others to then verse the Elite Four.
Functionally, Victory Road serves that purpose in-game - and I'd rather have Victory Road, which I can explore and collect items in, than a tournament in a single, static location.

Besides the fact that I'd like the anime's influence to stay as far away from the games as possible...

Yeah I'd rather every League have their own logo, unless this is some sort of FIFA situation.
It probably is some sort of weird Fifa thing going on.
In *this* universe...
Then I raise you a perplexing question. Where was it in Origins, which technically should be MegaKanto untul proven otherwise?

On another trip down the rabbit hole:
Geometric alignments
When Planets Align
The Eleusian Mysteries

Basically, someone suggested that maybe the logos have a connection to planetary alignment, how France has a connection to it, 3000 years ago it happened, XY/SM is the combination of Geometry and Astrology much like this theory and so on.

New wish for Gen VII: bigger focus on the seedy, corrupt backroom politics of Pokemon FIFA.
The Elite 4 has quite a few shady members, something has to be going on to keep them in their positions.

Edit:I just realized there are 3 dark type masters but no gyms, how the hell us that even possible? And another thing. ORAS falls under the International Gym Sigil, but its Elite 4 is fixed and not freeform. They have no rulesetd.

Last edited:
The Elite 4 has quite a few shady members, something has to be going on to keep them in their positions.
Considering that Kalos' Elite Four counts among its number an open and admitted member of a crime syndicate, you're probably onto something there.

I hope that we see some unique types for the Elite 4. Please, no Dark-type again! Give Dark-type to a Gym Leader.

Then I raise you a perplexing question. Where was it in Origins, which technically should be MegaKanto untul proven otherwise?

Origins representing "Mega Kanto" is a fun theory but I hardly think it can be granted "until proven otherwise" status. As far as anybody *not* looking to fill in the gaps of the Mega universe is concerned, there is absolutely no reason to think, "Oh, and that one-time anime special is almost certainly a part of the core game series canon." In fact, I rather think that the burden of proof here would be on the person who is trying to say that the minor one-off anime special *is* somehow a part of the game canon, which has hitherto consisted exclusively of the core games.

(Side-question, because we're on the subject and I have been meaning to look into it myself: What is the status of the Fairy type in Origins? I can't remember if they mention it at all, or if we see a Fairy-type in battle and reacting to moves that should normally be super/not very effective against it.)

I hope that we see some unique types for the Elite 4. Please, no Dark-type again! Give Dark-type to a Gym Leader.
Grass Type champion this time around, I feel it. Elite 4 is going to be Fairy, Electric, Normal and flying. Good luck getting a balanced team to cover the type spread, at least 1 member of your team is going be weak to each E4 member, except for a steel type. Would be a pretty brutal E4 lineup if I might say.

Grass Type champion this time around, I feel it. Elite 4 is going to be Fairy, Electric, Normal and flying. Good luck getting a balanced team to cover the type spread, at least 1 member of your team is going be weak to each E4 member, except for a steel type.
Give them some Ground and Fire moves to handle the Steel-types and you'd have a tough time indeed.

Back
Top Bottom