• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

He was always busy. My point was that he did not become busy because of Yokai Watch.
It's a fair point that you make. :)

Anyway, a Fairy/Dragon type Pokemon would be interesting. I know that Mega-Altaria is one, but I don't want a Mega. I want a regular Pokemon.

It does, unless Complete Forme doesn't actually require both cores, which would be hard to swallow.

It seems to have a very minor role in the movie. Even Arceus had more fanfare last year.

Yeah, that is the only part I'm uncertain about. Complete Forme should require Blue Core as well so I don't get how the two could join together unless the story develops in a way that ensures Blue Core and Red Core don't need to be physically present around each other.

Agreed. I assume Squishy will transform at the end to resolve whatever there is left to be resolved.

While I was on the idea that Zygarde Complete requires both Cores and all the Cells, some people on another forum pointed this out:

"This is the perfect Forme that Zygarde takes when the Core gathers 100% of the Cells. When the ecosystem is under threat, and the Core concludes that the 50% Forme will be unable to deal with it, the Core takes on the Complete Forme. Its power is said to be greater than that of the Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal!"

Noticed how they say "the Core" multiple times and not "the Cores"? At first I was confused on why Zygarde Complete would need only one Core until someone said this.

And actually, I don't think it is useless that one can gather all cells and leave the other core (or cores if they exist) "defenseless". Are you forgetting they can become invisible? The only reason they are having trouble now is because Team Flare is prepared to capture them, in a normal situation there won't be people with the needed equipment to find them.

Think of it like this:

-The cores are separated so they can cover more area in case they need to intervene. (Ex. One is in the east and the other in the west, each covers their designated areas)
-10% is useful to reach areas quicker in case they are not too close to deal with the threat. (Ex. if the Core is in the northeast and the issue is in the southeast he can use 10% to reach quickly)
-50% is when the situation is more severe.
-100% when the whole ecosystem is threatened.

It would be very dumb if there's a huge problem happening in one area and only 1 Core is there and it needs to wait for the other Core to arrive just so he can become 100%. The Core should be able to act individually to deal with the situation in a quicker manner to avoid bigger complications. As this happens the other Core (Cores?) can remain invisible for protection, they won't be left defenseless.

In that case... The whole answer on if the Team Flare climax is resolved is still unknown.

The next bit of news would in next month's corocoro but I am going to be skeptical about until it comes.

Eeugh. Reminds me of the pre-HGSS Gen II remake speculation, when people called it GoldenSun and SilverMoon.

Unless S/M is going to be a remake of HGSS, which is obviously not the case, they wouldn't be the mascot legendaries.

i'm not quite sure why a new generation would use old mascots for it. also part of me thinks that the reason we got squat from CoroCoro is because they didn't have anything. they thought they would have gotten something, but then didn't.

i'm not quite sure why a new generation would use old mascots for it. also part of me thinks that the reason we got squat from CoroCoro is because they didn't have anything. they thought they would have gotten something, but then didn't.
That's not literally true though. They would have had to get the boxart images to purposely blur them.

I don't really get how that theory is a thing... Also about the CoroCoro part. It seems a bit silly to hide the boxarts only for them to show off Ho-Oh and Lugia later.

Can't watch the video yet, but on the surface, that theory is flawed already. While Ho-Oh being the "Rainbow Pokémon" may relate to SM being "Project Rainbow," Lugia has no part in this. Lugia doesn't even have a relation to the moon.

That's not literally true though. They would have had to get the boxart images to purposely blur them.
i haven't seen really anything of it other than 'if i put this certain filter on in photoshop i can maybe see something that looks like a flame if i think about it' and the logo. of course, they could've been given the box art and were unimpressed with being given just that and instead opted to just hold off for a bigger scoop the next month. it's a bit hamfisted, but then again we've been given squat in general so it's not like there was something they could've talked about but didn't.

i haven't seen really anything of it other than 'if i put this certain filter on in photoshop i can maybe see something that looks like a flame if i think about it' and the logo. of course, they could've been given the box art and were unimpressed with being given just that and instead opted to just hold off for a bigger scoop the next month. it's a bit hamfisted, but then again we've been given squat in general so it's not like there was something they could've talked about but didn't.
CoroCoro always pulls that crud though. They have a tendency of making things seem way bigger when they really aren't. This latest tease, as frustrating as it is, is nothing new. It's also a magazine aimed towards children, and children tend to be easier to please than people on the internet.

CoroCoro always pulls that crud though. They have a tendency of making things seem way bigger when they really aren't. This latest tease, as frustrating as it is, is nothing new. It's also a magazine aimed towards children, and children tend to be easier to please than people on the internet.
but they also don't want to disappoint. it's one thing to hype Magearna and Volcanion as technically they are kind of a big scoop, at to a fan who doesn't lurk the internet as much they don't exist (ie., kids), and another to be like 'Pokemon SM info inside' and all it is is the box art.

anyways, the comment was in relation to the guys premise that since they had the box art but didn't reveal it it had to be something 'important' (or something along those lines).

Part of me wants them to make new legendaries for this generation, but if they really were switching it up and reusing old ones with extended lore to them and such it's not like I will boycott the games :ROFLMAO: It's pokemon, I'll buy it no matter what! Interesting theory video @Fairy Type Arceus!

Can't watch the video yet, but on the surface, that theory is flawed already. While Ho-Oh being the "Rainbow Pokémon" may relate to SM being "Project Rainbow," Lugia has no part in this. Lugia doesn't even have a relation to the moon.

Lugia lives in the ocean. Thy ocean tides are controlled by the moon. Ergo, Lugia is about as much connected to the Moon as Ho-Oh is to the Sun, that is to say, only tangentially.

I don't believe in Ho-oh and Lugia. They're unrelated, Sinnoh would get a remake before Johto and even Kanto should get a remake before Johto. We got Johto in 2010, six years ago. It won't attract new fans or keep some of the old ones. They need something fresh like DP. DP renewed the series in games and anime. And with a live-action movie a possibility soon, Pokemon may need to up their reputation with a wider audience for that movie to do well in box office (if it indeed comes out). I have nothing wrong with the series, but I personally don't think that having a Johto remake or Ho-oh and Lugia as box legendaries would be good for the development and growth of the series.

Back
Top Bottom