• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

I went into gen I so blind, I couldn't figure how to get out of the house for three months. Well, I never actually even did, I asked my brother. It's possible that for the 20th anniversary, they're trying to remind us of the old days of video games, when there was very little information about a game. I'm all for mystery and suspense, but we really need something to ignite our interest. I expect, at the least, the standard stuff like starters, mascots, player characters and the region, and if there's anything new like mega evolution, vague information about that. The question is mostly when, though, especially since the days, weeks, months of waiting for new information continue to drag on.

Corocoro pls save us

With regards to the mobile discussion.

Nintendo is a business. One of a business's main goals is to earn a profit. One way to earn a profit is to enter into new markets or by grabbing opportunities. Nintendo is trying to do this by venturing into the mobile market which is a such a big opportunity to waste.

My biggest concern isn't whether they will abandon the handheld market which is their biggest strength and should be kept going for as long as possible or the console market. But whether Nintendo can implement their entry into this new market correctly. This is a big risk to take for them, but one that could payoff in the long run.

This is why I love leaks season, I usually always get corocoro scans on my birthday, this time though actual guaranteed info. YEEEESSS. On another note, I wasn't too off on expecting them to reveal things before CoroCoro, but am a bit surprised that they are doing it so close, leaks and the info dump could actually happen concurrently. (basically the 10th this mpnth is the equivalent of the 11th if it was out on the 15th like always)

No onea neexs to be taught a lesson, they work on their own schedule, no matter hpw odd it is. Being vindictive is a really childish outlook, quite shocked its coming from you and not our other member. Anyway, this discussipn ia going to lead nowhere.

Anyone else expecting an info dump? If they're willing to show the boxarts, I can only assume they will have more then just the legendaries. Would be insane if they just decided, screw spreading info out, here's ALL the basics for gen 7. Starters, protags, region, and gameplay sprinkled in between, with legendaries at the end. Would make sense tbqh, get everything out the door so theh can cover everything else the game will offer.

I have one question about the starter names.
How safe is the info?
could they be fake leaked names?

No onea neexs to be taught a lesson, they work on their own schedule, no matter hpw odd it is. Being vindictive is a really childish outlook, quite shocked its coming from you and not our other member. Anyway, this discussipn ia going to lead nowhere.
Who's being vindictive? If they don't care about leaks, then let their announcements be spoiled a few hours ahead of time. They have no one to blame but themselves.

News coming May 10th:

The official Japanese site has updated and said that the first news for Pokémon Sun & Moon is to come out on May 10th 2016. The news will be given at 21:00 JST, which is 13:00 BST, 12:00 UTC, 08:00 EDT & 05:00 PDT. - Serebii

Geez, guys, tough love and all, but can we not just be excited about the fact that we're getting news in the first place?

We're finally going to get actual news for the games. Hallelujah! Also insert the "It's been three thousand years" meme here.

I wasn't sure that they were going to give a Pokemon Direct at this point, but they're actually doing it and the timing is pretty smart. They probably want to avoid CoroCoro leaks spoiling the first major news on the games. We might get different news from both the Pokemon Direct and CoroCoro, especially when we might get some gameplay footage during the Pokemon Direct announcement. At least we should be getting some actual news by the tenth.

"the names of the legendaries are Solgaleo and Lunaala. stay tuned for CoroCoro for more information!"
And the starters' names are Mokuroah, Nyabby, and Ashimari! :p

They did not confirm that yet because the starters and legendaries have yet to be revealed, they could have completely different names upon their reveal if anything, since the trademarks were made by an IP lawyer, not Nintendo, and could be for just about anything, even something that isn't Pokemon related at all. People only assume they are Pokemon related because of the "Solgaleo" and "Lunaala" names co-ressponding with the Sun and Moon names.

We're finally going to get actual news for the games. Hallelujah! Also insert the "It's been three thousand years" meme here.

I wasn't sure that they were going to give a Pokemon Direct at this point, but they're actually doing it and the timing is pretty smart. They probably want to avoid CoroCoro leaks spoiling the first major news on the games. We might get different news from both the Pokemon Direct and CoroCoro, especially when we might get some gameplay footage during the Pokemon Direct announcement. At least we should be getting some actual news by the tenth.

They haven't announced a Pokémon Direct, but they'll probably have a trailer that showcases whatever they upload on the sites.

Back
Top Bottom