• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

They did not confirm that yet because the starters and legendaries have yet to be revealed, they could have completely different names upon their reveal if anything, since the trademarks were made by an IP lawyer, not Nintendo, and could be for just about anything, even something that isn't Pokemon related at all. People only assume they are Pokemon related because of the "Solgaleo" and "Lunaala" names co-ressponding with the Sun and Moon names.
Multiple Gen 5 and 6 Pokémon were made trademarked by lawyers rather then Nintendo so their names will be the same or at least in Japanese.

Masuda retweeted every regions "new info may 10th!" tweets, and his blog pretty much says "sorry for the long wait, big news may 10th" so I really feel like we could be getting the actual (gameplay, legends, starters,) reveal of the game via a trailer. While I think it's still likely it could just be new mascots, I don't think they'd be making that big of a deal for what would just be a website update with the mascots.

Imagine if the guy did do that... Never trust any one again:LOL:

I don't see any reason why he wouldn't overhype a product that GF is about to release. But I see what you mean. He usually let's everybody else do the hyping, but I suppose the anniversary has him just as excited as we all are.

And on May 10th we will get only the release date. Imagine this scenario hahaha.

Of course I'm kidding. I believe that the time of the full game trailer reveal has come.

They did not confirm that yet because the starters and legendaries have yet to be revealed, they could have completely different names upon their reveal if anything, since the trademarks were made by an IP lawyer, not Nintendo, and could be for just about anything, even something that isn't Pokemon related at all. People only assume they are Pokemon related because of the "Solgaleo" and "Lunaala" names co-ressponding with the Sun and Moon names.
just making a little joke. i highly doubt Game Freak would troll that hard.

And on May 10th we will get only the release date. Imagine this scenario hahaha.

Of course I'm kidding. I believe that the time of the full game trailer reveal has come.
I feel we are getting something similar to the xy trailer

May 10th is only four days from now. I swear, these days are gonna go by quickly. Even so, this is gonna be a fun week. My grandma's 90th birthday, new Steven Universe episodes, Sun and Moon, goodness! What else? Mother 3 coming to the US?

Info is finally coming?! PRAISE THE GODS.

Now I have to find something to do to kill 4 days worth of time... and I just finished reading all of Berserk in 3 or 4 days.. crap I should have waited to start reading!! >o<

Please be something good. Please be something worth this information dehydration. QUENCH OUR THIRST FOR INFO. Please don't dangle a thimble of water in our faces.

This new info leads me to believe that whatever's in CoroCoro will just touch on whatever is announced here, which I believe to be box legendaries and starters. That's a little disappointing, but this new info will hopefully create some good healthy discussion.

What if we receive a gameplay trailer on the 10th that shows the starters and the protagonists and in CoroCoro we receive the legendaries?

What if we receive a gameplay trailer on the 10th that shows the starters and the protagonists and in CoroCoro we receive the legendaries?
I'd say we're getting everything all together and corcoro will provide additional information

Masuda retweeted every regions "new info may 10th!" tweets, and his blog pretty much says "sorry for the long wait, big news may 10th" so I really feel like we could be getting the actual (gameplay, legends, starters,) reveal of the game via a trailer. While I think it's still likely it could just be new mascots, I don't think they'd be making that big of a deal for what would just be a website update with the mascots.
This! At the very least, new Pokemon can be no big deal, butnactual acreenshots and gameplay has to be a direct footage thing and not a grainy screenshot from a magazine. I jave confidence that we will get a trailer, along with whatever Pokemon they reveal along with the legendaries. Beside the models for battles, I have a funny feeling we will get a big surprise when it comes to how the game looks both in battle and in the overworld. There is much room for improvement even with them being in 3D and detailed portrayals of the specific area. Not on the level of gen 4 to gen 5, but at least something will heavily change. Overworld as well, either cutscene scale will become the standard scale and have seamless gameplay to cutscene transitions, or at the least XYORAS' overworld style will have a heavy upgrade, being completely different.
They heavily shaked things up for BW, and I forsee that being the case here. They've been working on this engine for more then 5 years, and its being released on a platform to be replaced in the next year or so. I have my doubts with gamefreak, but on this specific matter, I just no they are going to go full speed with no brakes. Reusing hardware has always been beneficial to gamefreak, not detterent, and this is what excites me the most.

I'm back! I'm sure none of you missed me

Good to hear we're finally getting news. I said I was fine with waiting until E3 but hey if they have announced we're getting news before I'll take it :p

The hype around it with the countdown and the fact they gave a time on the date rather than just the date makes me believe we're getting a trailer. It would be a bit strange to hype up screenshots like this imo. But I've been wrong in the past so we'll see! Either way it's exciting!

Hoping to see starters most. I think box mascots are pretty much a lock, so anything extra would be icing on the cake.

Oh and I hope Corocoro doesn't leak before, it would ruin the excitement of sitting around waiting for 13:00 (my time) to happen!

I'm back! I'm sure none of you missed me

Good to hear we're finally getting news. I said I was fine with waiting until E3 but hey if they have announced we're getting news before I'll take it :p

The hype around it with the countdown and the fact they gave a time on the date rather than just the date makes me believe we're getting a trailer. It would be a bit strange to hype up screenshots like this imo. But I've been wrong in the past so we'll see! Either way it's exciting!

Hoping to see starters most. I think box mascots are pretty much a lock, so anything extra would be icing on the cake.

Oh and I hope Corocoro doesn't leak before, it would ruin the excitement of sitting around waiting for 13:00 (my time) to happen!
I expect CoroCoro leaks to be out mere hours before the site update, unless gamefreak is super lucky. Hell, even a day before it somehow someoje gets their hands on it early enough.

Yeah it's possible, I'm just hoping it doesn't. We had the games Direct "ruined" by the trademark leak the day before, so it would be cool if this time we were in the dark until the official reveal rather than being spoiled. But whatever happens happens I guess, we can't stop it just like the brakes on this hype train!

Either way, I'm either gping to be at work Monday Night or sleeping till the site update, so CoroCoro leaks or not, jumping straight to the aite and seeing whatever they put up is going to be enough for me.

I'm off Tuesday, so I could realistically be up to see the news firsthand. But I'll wait until I get up for the day--I'm usually up by 10--in order to see what happened. I'm hoping by then that the internet has not collapsed in on itself due to the sheer volume of traffic and all. :D

But yay! Actual news! This is awesome. (But man, that wait until Tuesday is gonna be a killer.)

Back
Top Bottom