• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

That rumour from above is true. It has been confirmed that Pokemon will appear on the Switch.

m.uk.ign.com/articles/2016/09/20/pokemon-company-ceo-confirms-support-for-nintendo-nx
GameFreak's president never said that. Probs a mistranslation.

Ishihara said that there will be Pokemon games on the Switch, but he didn't specify when or even what kind of games he was referring to (he is TPC's president rather than Game Freak's). He certainly didn't say that Sun and Moon were the last 3DS games.

Ishihara said that there will be Pokemon games on the Switch, but he didn't specify when or even what kind of games he was referring to (he is TPC's president rather than Game Freak's). He certainly didn't say that Sun and Moon were the last 3DS games.
So do you think Sun and Moon will have dual game (Nintendo 3ds and Nintendo switch), and also Diamond and Pearl remake will be in 2017 on Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch?

So do you think Sun and Moon will have dual game (Nintendo 3ds and Nintendo switch), and also Diamond and Pearl remake will be in 2017 on Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Switch?
No for the former, as ports would be a bizarre move for the series. They might release new games for both the 3DS and Switch simultaneously, but I personally don't expect remakes anyway.

No for the former, as ports would be a bizarre move for the series. They might release new games for both the 3DS and Switch simultaneously, but I personally don't expect remakes anyway.
They might as well make a remake for next year since we have some many, they wouldn't wait this long to make a remake, also i don't think the remake will be only on nintendo switch, because i think gen 8 will be on nintendo switch only, so DP remake might be on both 3ds and switch

The gap between remakes has been over 5 years so far. I see little reason why that would change just because some people (not even that many) are impatient.
Gamefreak break the tradition of the game and remake before, you'll know they'll do it again, so it's possible we'll might see DP Remake in 2017

The gap between remakes has been over 5 years so far. I see little reason why that would change just because some people (not even that many) are impatient.
The other options are Eclipse which is unlikely given that they seem to have stopped with third versions or gen 1 reremakes which given how they just ported it to the 3DS and gave them pokebank compatibility also makes them unlikely.

The other options are Eclipse which is unlikely given that they seem to have stopped with third versions or gen 1 reremakes which given how they just ported it to the 3DS and gave them pokebank compatibility also makes them unlikely.
That's just being short-sighted. Kanto sequels are obviously possible when
Sun and Moon end with Lillie and Lusamine going to Kanto.
Game Freak can continue Sun and Moon's story in Kanto if they so choose.

shemar corbin said:
Gamefreak break the tradition of the game and remake before, you'll know they'll do it again, so it's possible we'll might see DP Remake in 2017
I never said it wasn't possible. I just don't see any real hints in Sun and Moon and I'd consider a shorter gap between remakes a sign of Game Freak recycling ideas far too much.

Gamefreak stopped making third version year ago, i doubt they'll go back to third versions games

I never said it wasn't possible. I just don't see any real hints in Sun and Moon and I'd consider a shorter gap between remakes a sign of Game Freak recycling ideas far too much.
On the flip side we have Type Null being developed in sinnoh with a third one being left unaccounted for, Silvaly's connections to Arceus, and the Ultra beasts having ties to different dimensions with Palkia being referred to as the God of space and dimensions in every piece of official media I've seen.

On the flip side we have Type Null being developed in sinnoh with a third one being left unaccounted for
Type: Null is already available in Sun and Moon. It would make more sense to keep the third model for a future generation.

Ultra beasts having ties to different dimensions with Palkia being referred to as the God of space and dimensions in every piece of official media I've seen.
They haven't hinted at any connection, though. And what would they do for the Diamond remake that is unlikely to feature Palkia?

Here are the hints
1. Diamond Head and Pearl Harbor
2. Rotom Pokedex
3. Cowgirl from Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum
4. Team Skull Battle Background (Blue for Diamond and Pink for Pearl, possibly black for platinum)
5. Deixo and Sinno sunglasses are blue and pink
6. Type:Null's a thing looks similar arceus
7. Silvadi multi-attack similar to arceus mult-type, which might connect to arceus
8. Sinnoh Champion Cynthia appears in the battle tree

8. Sinnoh Champion Cynthia appears in the battle tree

Honestly this is more of a counter argument. Them making her appear now without any changes in look wouldn't feel right when DP remakes happens next year and her most likely get a change.

Also can be said to and Red and Blue, but them appearing was obvious due to the 20th anniversary.

So the only options for 2017 is sequels or a break year? I am going for the latter.

Also Kanto remakes, which isn't that much likely either.

Also sequels/third version for Alola is 100% not possible for 2017. They never release another game with the same region in one year or less after the original pair. At least one and a half year gap between those two. It would immidiately kill SM sale numbers after the announcement.

I bet this conversation about what kind of game happens next will be a hell of a fun ride to read.

Also Kanto remakes, which isn't that much likely either.

I bet this conversation about what kind of game happens next will be a hell of a fun ride to read.
*Prepares several bags of popcorn*

Kanto sequels are also possible, but I don't see that happening in 2017.

Honestly this is more of a counter argument. Them making her appear now without any changes in look wouldn't feel right when DP remakes happens next year and her most likely get a change.

I actually don't think it's a counter argument. They might have not redesigned her now because they're saving her redesign for the remakes. Wally makes sense, since he just got a redesign, but why not give Cynthia one especially since
every other Battle Tree opponent got a redesign.

Cynthia is a goddess who never ages.

She looks the same in every single game she's been in spanning a good few years and 2 universes.

Cynthia is a goddess who never ages.

She looks the same in every single game she's been in spanning a good few years and 2 universes.
Going off of this, there's no need to redesign her imo. Her design is fine as is.

Back
Top Bottom