• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

I am going with E. Because I don't see any of the other options working for Gen 7.
What about Gen 4 remakes, don't tell me you believe that pattern no sense like DP remake don't come out till 2019 or 2020, I don't think they'll follow the pattern for remakes

I am going with E. Because I don't see any of the other options working for Gen 7.
Options D and E are not options. The other options can work for gen 7. Three to five games is the minimum and maximum amount of games GF can do. Lower than three is never gonna happen. 2017 won't be a break either so expect new games around that time.

SM is either followed by sequels to it, remakes of DP, prequels could be a first, the unlikely return of Kanto or third version of SM.

Options D and E are not options. The other options can work for gen 7. Three to five games is the minimum and maximum amount of games GF can do. Lower than three is never gonna happen. 2017 won't be a break either so expect new games around that time.

SM is either followed by sequels to it, remakes of DP, prequels could be a first, the unlikely return of Kanto or third version of SM.
At least you agree with my question, Here are the list of game they can do for 2017
1. Diamond and Pearl Remake (I think it's time for that) (For 3DS and Switch)
2. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2017 (maybe)
3. Pokemon Sun and Moon for Nintendo Switch
4. Pokemon sun and moon sequel

That's the only one i can think of for now, but i don't think they'll go back to third version game, since they only focus on new gen game, remakes, spin-off, and possibly sequels (if we get those again)

Also, I Think Masuda confirmed that they'll be no more remake to kanto or a sequel, since we already have firered and leafgreen

At least you agree with my question, Here are the list of game they can do for 2017
1. Diamond and Pearl Remake (I think it's time for that) (For 3DS and Switch)
2. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2017 (maybe)
3. Pokemon Sun and Moon for Nintendo Switch
4. Pokemon sun and moon sequel

That's the only one i can think of for now, but i don't think they'll go back to third version game, since they only focus on new gen game, remakes, spin-off, and possibly sequels (if we get those again)

Also, I Think Masuda confirmed that they'll be no more remake to kanto or a sequel, since we already have firered and leafgreen
I am pretty certain that GF is not going to re-release SM onto a whole new handheld. Why bother putting it on 3DS if they want it on Switch? I rather they keep the whole of gen 7 on 3DS and release gen 8 on Switch.

I am pretty certain that GF is not going to re-release SM onto a whole new handheld. Why bother putting it on 3DS if they want it on Switch? I rather they keep the whole of gen 7 on 3DS and release gen 8 on Switch.
I don't know why I brought that up for, it likely already on Nintendo 3ds, so yeah it's likely we get Nintendo switch for Gen 8. Also which do you prefer Gen 4 remake or Gen 4 sequel?

I don't know why I brought that up for, it likely already on Nintendo 3ds, so yeah it's likely we get Nintendo switch for Gen 8. Also which do you prefer Gen 4 remake or Gen 4 sequel?
I like to see remakes of Sinnoh but sequels could be very interesting and different to what we usually get. As long as I see Sinnoh again, I am cool with it.

What about Gen 4 remakes, don't tell me you believe that pattern no sense like DP remake don't come out till 2019 or 2020, I don't think they'll follow the pattern for remakes
There's three patterns for remakes:

1. 8-10-12. Eight years between Generation 1 and its remakes, ten years between Generation 2 and its remakes, twelve years between Generation 3 and its remakes. This is what makes some people think Sinnoh remakes in 2020. (14 years after Diamond and Pearl)

2. 5 years between remakes. 2004 (LGFR) - 2009 (HGSS) - 2014 (ORAS). This would place Sinnoh remakes in 2019.

3. Remakes are always, so far, on the latest handheld. Because the original games have become obsolete. This would place Sinnoh remakes on, presumably, the Switch.

I am going to say that in my opinion that pattern one will be broken with Sinnoh remakes. And that patterns two and three will remain.

1. 8-10-12. Eight years between Generation 1 and its remakes, ten years between Generation 2 and its remakes, twelve years between Generation 3 and its remakes. This is what makes some people think Sinnoh remakes in 2020. (14 years after Diamond and Pearl)

2. 5 years between remakes. 2004 (LGFR) - 2009 (HGSS) - 2014 (ORAS). This would place Sinnoh remakes in 2019.

3. Remakes are always, so far, on the latest handheld. Because the original games have become obsolete. This would place Sinnoh remakes on, presumably, the Switch.

I am going to say that in my opinion that pattern one will be broken with Sinnoh remakes. And that patterns two and three will remain.
That means Sinnoh remakes would be in gen 8 if on the Switch but we are not getting gen 8 until one more game or pair of games for gen 7.

Okay, There's no way that gamefreak would follow that pattern, They don't wait this long to make a remake, They only make a new game system to new generation (for example Gen 8 will be on nintendo switch)

Why do you think 2017 will be a break year anyway, and why don't you want Gen 4 remake to happen in 2017, Pokemon Sun and Moon is not a "perfect game", Also that's not up to you to decide whether what year Gen 4 remake will happen, that's up to gamefreak

Okay, There's no way that gamefreak would follow that pattern, They don't wait this long to make a remake, They only make a new game system to new generation (for example Gen 8 will be on nintendo switch)

Why do you think 2017 will be a break year anyway, and why don't you want Gen 4 remake to happen in 2017, Pokemon Sun and Moon is not a "perfect game", Also that's not up to you to decide whether what year Gen 4 remake will happen, that's up to gamefreak
They have been following the five years between remakes twice now. No two set of remakes so far have been on the same system. Why start now with ORAS and Sinnoh remakes?

A new main Pokemon game or games will take attention away from the Switch. They also don't want to sell the Switch at a loss. A new main Pokemon game or games would not help that goal at all.

Sinnoh remakes would be way too early after ORAS. Only three years? That would be way too short. They want to build up the hype for Sinnoh remakes when it's at its peak. 2017 would be too short to build up hype after ORAS.

I am not deciding anything. I am speculating like other people. This is a speculation thread after all.

I mean you could play DP on a 3DS, but the games have been out of print for years at this point so it's hard to find new copies, gamefreak has no reason to care about used games or bootlegs since they don't get a cut. Not to mention you'd need 2 (3)DSes, a 5th gen game, and pokebank before getting your mons back into the current gen.

I'm all about moving the franchise to the switch but at this point the argument over being playable on a 3DS has long since run its course.

I mean you could play DP on a 3DS, but the games have been out of print for years at this point so it's hard to find new copies, gamefreak has no reason to care about used games or bootlegs since they don't get a cut. Not to mention you'd need 2 (3)DSes, a 5th gen game, and pokebank before getting your mons back into the current gen.

I'm all about moving the franchise to the switch but at this point the argument over being playable on a 3DS has long since run its course.
Didn't the same apply to the Hoenn games in Generation V? So it doesn't matter whether the original games are out of print.

They only do a new gen on switch, it wouldn't make since if DP remake will be on Switch, So it's likely to be on 3ds

They have been following the five years between remakes twice now. No two set of remakes so far have been on the same system. Why start now with ORAS and Sinnoh remakes?

A new main Pokemon game or games will take attention away from the Switch. They also don't want to sell the Switch at a loss. A new main Pokemon game or games would not help that goal at all.

Sinnoh remakes would be way too early after ORAS. Only three years? That would be way too short. They want to build up the hype for Sinnoh remakes when it's at its peak. 2017 would be too short to build up hype after ORAS.

I am not deciding anything. I am speculating like other people. This is a speculation thread after all.
I know it's speculation, Okay I get that you would wait this long to have a Gen 4 remake, because you don't want it to happen like ORAS, and I get Xy and ORAS is a little rushed, but waiting that long for remake just wouldn't make a difference, what happen if they wait, then years later it becomes like ORAs again, I don't think it's too early for the game, Plus Gamefreak is bound to make one anyway, and if want DP remake all perfect game, to be honest, there's no such thing as a perfect pokemon game, all pokemon games have it's flaws, just like Sun and Moon, and the game haven't even came out yet,and yet it has flaws too

Didn't the same apply to the Hoenn games in Generation V? So it doesn't matter whether the original games are out of print.
Saying you can still play an 11 year old game that has been out of print for longer than it hasn't as an excuse to not revisit a game doesn't really make sense.

But I can see when I'm talking to a brick wall so I'll end it here.

They only do a new gen on switch, it wouldn't make since if DP remake will be on Switch, So it's likely to be on 3ds
They also do remakes on the latest handheld. In this case, that would be the Switch. You haven't provided much evidence for 2017 being Sinnoh remakes.

I know it's speculation, Okay I get that you would wait this long to have a Gen 4 remake, because you don't want it to happen like ORAS, and I get Xy and ORAS is a little rushed, but waiting that long for remake just wouldn't make a difference, what happen if they wait, then years later it becomes like ORAs again, I don't think it's too early for the game, Plus Gamefreak is bound to make one anyway, and if want DP remake all perfect game, to be honest, there's no such thing as a perfect pokemon game, all pokemon games have it's flaws, just like Sun and Moon, and the game haven't even came out yet,and yet it has flaws too
XY was not rushed. They take three years, one year of brainstorming and planning and two years of designing, to make a new generation. Remakes usually take a year.

I know that the perfect game doesn't exist. I don't expect the Sinnoh remakes to be perfect. But more development time can bring them close to perfection. 2017 would be rushing it.

They also do remakes on the latest handheld. In this case, that would be the Switch. You haven't provided much evidence for 2017 being Sinnoh remakes.

Okay here's your evidence and hints
1. Diamond Head and Pearl Harbor
2. Rotom Pokedex (Rotom is from Gen 4)
3. The Cowgirl (she from Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum)
4. Team Skull Battle Background (Blue for Diamond, Pink for Pearl and Possibly for Platinum)
5. Dexio and Sino Sunglass (Dexio wearing blue sunglass (blue is for Diamond) and Sino wearing pink gunglasses (pink is for Pearl))
6. Munchlax Distribution with Z-moves (the same thing for Torchic with Mega evolution)
7. Type:Null's thing resembles to arceus
8. Silvadi Multi-attack and holding item defend on what type it's similar to Arceus Multi-type
9. Champion Cynthia make appearance in the Battle Tree
10. Legendary Sinnoh Pokemon appeared in the post-game of ORAS and sinnoh starter were given in ORAS

What more do you want, There are so many hints, you think they'll just wait on Gen 4 remake, There are more, but when get the game, they'll be more hints in sun and moon, then you'll prove my point

XY was not rushed. They take three years, one year of brainstorming and planning and two years of designing, to make a new generation. Remakes usually take a year.

I know that the perfect game doesn't exist. I don't expect the Sinnoh remakes to be perfect. But more development time can bring them close to perfection. 2017 would be rushing it.
And I don't think they'll take another break year

Gamefreak has already confirmed that a pokemon game will be on the switch. Since it is from game freak we should be expecting a mainline game.

My guess for the first entries are either a port of S&M or a rerelease of the VC versions of red and blue. Either way it won't be a new game. After that will come the Eclipse/DP remakes/Gen 8 etc.

1. Diamond Head and Pearl Harbor
real life location names. this is a moot point.
2. Rotom Pokedex (Rotom is from Gen 4)
Rotom may be from Gen IV, but the Pokedex came from Kalos. (#kalossequelsCONFIRMT)
3. The Cowgirl (she from Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum)
the Backpacker is from Gen V (#unovaremakesCONFIRMT)
4. Team Skull Battle Background (Blue for Diamond, Pink for Pearl and Possibly for Platinum)
5. Dexio and Sino Sunglass (Dexio wearing blue sunglass (blue is for Diamond) and Sino wearing pink gunglasses (pink is for Pearl))
Blue and Red (and their approximates) are a common color for Game Freak.
6. Munchlax Distribution with Z-moves (the same thing for Torchic with Mega evolution)
but evolves into a Snorlax; they wouldn't just distribute a Snorlax though.
7. Type:Null's thing resembles to arceus
8. Silvadi Multi-attack and holding item defend on what type it's similar to Arceus Multi-type
this is only one point, but yes.
9. Champion Cynthia make appearance in the Battle Tree
Wally and Grimsley along with Red and Green appear in the Battle Tree. #confirmt
10. Legendary Sinnoh Pokemon appeared in the post-game of ORAS and sinnoh starter were given in ORAS
which would point to remakes....how?

Gamefreak has already confirmed that a pokemon game will be on the switch. Since it is from game freak we should be expecting a mainline game.

My guess for the first entries are either a port of S&M or a rerelease of the VC versions of red and blue. Either way it won't be a new game. After that will come the Eclipse/DP remakes/Gen 8 etc.
My guess is either Sun and Moon or Gen 8, because they always start with the main generation first before they do remake or sequel, but i don't know of sun and moon will have a port to nintendo switch, so the only thing is left is gen 8

Back
Top Bottom