• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII Legendary Pokemon Discussion

I can see Fire/Flying and Water, Dark, or Fairy/Flying for them. It's also possible Lunaala could be any of the combinations between Water, Fairy, and Dark.

I wouldn't really be surprised if at least one of them is Flying, but even if not... I'd imagine they'll be able to fly somehow.

Fairly logical. I can see arguments for fairy/dark though.
Not really. Dark type is known as Evil in Japan; it does not necessarily refer to darkness or night. I have trouble wrapping my head around an evil moon Pokemon.

Dark type is known as Evil in Japan; it does not necessarily refer to darkness or night.
And yet Yveltal, as much of an ominous force as he is, is represented as a necessity for the life cycle of the Kalos Region and has a Flying signature, lol.

Also, Night Daze.

And yet Yveltal, as much of an ominous force as he is, is represented as a necessity for the life cycle of the Kalos Region and has a Flying signature, lol.
Um, you just reinforced my point that the Evil type is evil? That doesn't have anything to do with nighttime.

Nothing I said was talking about how Yveltal's powers were "evil", just that they were a necessity - as destructive as this Pokémon is, the motivation it has for joining your party in Y is to avert the forced disaster that would use its power in Y. (I know that's going more into story and affiliation than the type itself, but still.)

You also missed out on quoting when I mentioned Night Daze...
Oh, also, Darkrai, the representation of the new moon?

Darkrai is also representative of nightmares and night terrors, invoking fear and horror into people.

Yes some "Evil-type" Pokemon do have ties to literal darkness and night, as well as shadows. But my point was that night is not the main element. If you read their Pokedex entries, the majority of them describe them as being vicious and even malicious.

Yes, the vast majority of dark types are associated with maliciousness, delinquency or trickiness. The only ones that might have something to do with night are Umbreon and maybe Darkrai.

They be thugs, man. Most of them are thugs. Underhanded techniques. Not sure whether most of them are inherently "evil", but hey, I think we've got enough on that subject to talk about in other threads.
If you read their Pokedex entries, the majority of them describe them as being vicious and even malicious.
RIP Absol

On that note, though, would you want a Moon mascot as Fairy when we have Magearna? (Still looks like a moon rabbit to me.)
It may be only two core series games, but it could rapidly go the way of Psychic and Dragon for common Legendary types. We sure that we want that?

To those who wanted the Moon mascot to be Fairy and Dark... I dunno if either of them are the best options considering how you guys are speculating on what it'll look like. What kind of monstrosity would you need to create to justify a fairy bat? (Aside from making it look like Kamen Rider Kiva...)

On that note, though, would you want a Moon mascot as Fairy when we have Magearna? (Still looks like a moon rabbit to me.)

There is no reason to believe that the Moon mascot is going to be a rabbit, there is no actual evidence suggesting it will be. Also, we got two Fairy legendaries this gen, one of which is also a mythical. We can most certainly have another two legendaries with Fairy as their typing.

Oh, for god's sake, @Isamu Akai, that's not what I was talking about! The main part of the message was about the type of the mascot rather than what it looks like. Probably shouldn't have added in the bracket, but whatever.
Also, we got two Fairy legendaries this gen, one of which is also a mythical. We can most certainly have another two legendaries with Fairy as their typing.
I'm not sure if I'd want to, to be perfectly honest. Sure, we had two Legends be Fairies last gen, but I don't want to get to the point where it becomes the new Dragon too quickly - there's a ton of moon-related stuff with Fairy types including Moonblast, but I kinda want them not to go that route with the Moon mascot unless it's a really good concept.

I would rather have the first poison type legendary before getting more fairy legendaries, I want progression with the type creativity. Fairy can so easily be translated into a legendary due to the entire nature of its type being based on mystical, magical, ominous properties. Time to crank those cranial kilnklang, start designing, and make a legend for poison!

Time to crank those cranial kilnklang, start designing, and make a legend for poison!
The speculation of the Moon mascot being a bat makes me kinda hopeful in this regard, but then again, we have had bats who inherit other types in the past, being Psychic (Woobat line) and Dragon (Noibat) in comparison to the de facto Zubat evolutionary line.

Go figure if the Moon mascot somehow ends up being Poison/Fairy, making it unique in typing but stripping away the privilege of Poison's first Legendary being paired with the type that got a Legendary before it did... (To be honest, I kinda want that to be the case, maybe with Levitate, but I dunno how that would look!)

Yeah we need a Poison legendary. Maybe Fire/Poison, Poison/Dark or Poison/Fairy?

Good point, lol. I only wanted to point out the irony, but I guess it would make more sense for it to be dual typed - unless it was a Poison type in the truest sense, playing like and having a build similar to the likes of Muk and other stallers. Wouldn't be very exciting for a Legendary, though.

If I had my druthers I would prefer a moth to a bat. Or an Owl. A cool white owl. Would be sweat.

Back
Top Bottom