• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Born there and have a good amount of family there." Tina said with a fond smile and a quick nod.

Limbo pointedly ignored Hopper. "Well, an explanation is definitely what I owe you all. But, this isn't really the right venue for a heart-to-heart."

He pointed toward the door that had been standing in front of them. It opened itself, revealing the interior to the group.

It was a gigantic place, empty yet surprisingly ornate. There were two stairwells that led both upstairs and downstairs. On the second floor was what seemed to be a large collection of books.

"Oh... oh, wow..." Kaly gasped.

"Welcome, lovelies, to the Library of Alexandria," Limbo said with a sense of reverence.

Kaly blinked. "Wait... the Library of Alexandria?"

"Not quite. It's certainly a derivative, but this one is much larger; more complex. Hosts many more rooms above and below the surface," Limbo replied. "Personally, I think it's greater."

"Oh wow," Delilah commented, "Something greater than the Library of Alexandria?"

"I'm assuming you're not referring to the Alexandria located in Egypt?" Xin inquired in a taciturn tone of voice.

"Do we get to read whatever is in there?" Hopper asked, excitement in his voice. Some library in some weird place was bound to have some interesting things he couldn't find in some boring normal library. And he loved learning new things.

"The very same," Limbo said to Xin. "A remodeling of the famous lost library. A beauty."

Then, he answered Hopper. "It's a library, so... yes. It might take you a few decades to get through everything here, but... yes."

"A few... decades...?" Kaly said, looking to Limbo. "Why are you giving us this place?"

"This, my friends, will be your new base of operations. A 'hub', if you will, where you all can meet one another. No more of that jumping between locations business... usually. That'll still happen, all things considered," Limbo said with a shrug.

"Wait, base of operations for what?" Kaly questioned.

"You'll be fighting monsters, to put it simply," he responded, looking over the group. "You've been targeted. By whom, and by what, would take far more time to explain than I have. However, what you need to know is that a lot of what you want will be found here. The tools you'll need to secure your lives will be here."

Kalyani crossed her arms. "And, why should we fight?"

"Because should you refuse, you'll have punched your own ticket, love," Limbo responded bluntly. "None of these people are going to wait for you to make up your mind; you'll be slaughtered immediately. And what awaits you then is, well... no one knows."

That made Kalyani stop talking. She bit her bottom lip, contemplating his words. Then, she looked to the others to gauge their responses to the information.

Carlos looked around as he walked into the library, amazed by the sheer size of it. He was, however, brought back to earth as soon as he heard what Limbo said. So there really was no way of getting around fighting those monsters? why were they even targetted in the first place, it's not like he had stolen some werewolve's lunch money or anything like that. "That...is annoying," Carlos said with a frown. 'So what? we were suddenly targetted by these monsters or whatever for no reason at all?" he said, irritated, but mostly confused and scared. "Also, how come we were suddenly appearing in front of each other before, and those weird abilities our bodies developed."

"Again, a lot of this would take far too long to explain," Limbo said. "You'll learn on the job, as they say," he said, looking at his watch. "Now, I've got to head out. Be sure to stay safe and don't let any monsters take you by surprise."

He walked out of the door for a moment, only to poke his head back in. "Oh, and do me favor. Don't go to the sub-basement. Okay? Okay. See you all."

With that, Limbo disappeared once more.

And Kalyani was probably even more confused than when she started.

"I imagine our bodies on the physical plane are still asleep," Xin pointed out. "As inconvenient as it sounds, we may return home depending on when our bodies see fit to awaken."

"Or these are our physical bodies," Delilah commented, obviously knowing that wasn't the fact, "I wouldn't think sleep would have anything to do with it though?"

Kalyani walked around the area for a moment before stopping at the large table in the middle of the room. "Huh?"

There was a letter there, embroidered and labeled 'For the Lovelies'. She opened the letter, and began reading it.

"Hello Lovelies. Hopefully you will enjoy your time here in the Library; I'm sure you all will become intimately acquainted with it soon enough," she read off. "There's a map of the layout behind this note-"

She took out the sheet of paper, holding it up. It was a mapping of the three floors. Then, she went back to reading.

"-that will tell you the general rooms within the structure. You'll find that the furnishing of this place is lacking - that'll be up to you to fix. Electricity flows through the place, water and plumbing are fully operational, and there's an empty fridge. Yes, you do get hungry in that Library, and sometimes going home just isn't an option."

She opened and closed her fist. Guess that solved the mystery of them whether or not they were physically there.

"There's a lot of things you can outfit yourselves with, and technology you'll learn how to work while you're there. Again, that'll be up to you - I can't stay for too long to guide you, after all. I do, however, wish you the best: your favorite guide, Limbo."

Before she could put the letter down, she found a P.S at the bottom. "P.S: Under no circumstances should you go beyond Floor 3. I know how rebellious kids are, so I'll only say that your deaths will be your own fault should you do."

She blinked, finally putting the letter down. "Okay."

Carlos sighed as he walked around the library, trying to see what else he could find. It seemed like they even had an emptry fridge, but he figured they could fill it up...at least if they wanted to. However, that just made him wonder if they were even able to get back home at this pace, plus the whole idea of them spending their time in a library seemed odd and mysterious. 'Well, I guess I might as well see what I can find," he said as he turned towards the shelves, pulling out one of the books to see what it brought. That's when he noticed Kalyani reading a letter not too far from where he was. 'Did you find something useful?" he asked as he walked towards the woman.

Last edited:
Delilah looked around before she proceeded to head down stairs to the basement. When she got down there, it was an area designated for training and practicing combat. How did such a place exist under this giant library? She just looked around, where she saw a place for her to practice her archery skills. A small, satisfied smile appeared on her face. She'd be okay here. She could shoot her bow.

Tina was floored at the amount of books, as well as the fact that this was a recreation of the lost Library of Alexandria. Centuries of knowledge went up in flames, and here it was, all in front of her.

'As well as recent knowledge, hello Inferno first edition.' Tina said, gravitating to an ancient-looking book that was the first of three in a series chronicling a fictional version of the author's journey through the three Kingdoms of the Afterlife: the Inferno (Hell), Mount Purgatory, and Paradiso (Heaven).

She also saw what looked like an original printing of The Journey to the West.

"There's really nothing for me to find," Kaly said in response to Carlos. "I don't know what we're supposed to be looking for."

Then, she addressed Barry. "Would cars even work here?" Kaly asked, sitting down in one of the chairs. "Doesn't look like there are any roads..."

Then, she looked back to the letter. "Wait. Limbo said something about there being tech somewhere around here. Lets try to look for that?" She asked, looking to Barry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom