• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Glimwood Tangle Live Stream

Will you watch it?

• Yes, all 24 hours of it

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Yes, but it will probably loop after maybe 10 minutes.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • No, I'll just catch up later.

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • No, I'm not intrested.

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Maybe, I guess?

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • WHY IS IT CALLED A TRIANGLE WHEN IT'S A FOREST?

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters
I wonder if we'll see it in a potential next trailer with Ponyta or if they'll keep it a secret.

This was honestly fun tbh! They should do more things like this.

Perhaps. I can see the validity of the criticisms of what they did here. 24 hours was wayyy too drawn out. Nevertheless, I appreciated them building up toward Galarian Ponyta instead of just outright revealing it. It kept us guessing, and it worked very well with me personally because a rainbow Ponyta (and hopefully Rapidash?!) is something I've wanted since I was a child. lol.

Overall, I like that they tried something new. A lot of people complained about the overabundance of information for S/M pre-release. This stream with the ending teasing Galarian Rapidash is nice, because it keeps us guessing, it keeps us hyped (if we care about Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash, which I do!). They could have just revealed them in a trailer, and that would have been it. I would have fangirled, but then that would have been it... Now they're keeping me interested because there's more to see.

Feels weird not having those ambient sounds not playing in the background anymore.

I definitely loved how they invovled us in this reveal method, it really was a breath of fresh air and it made seeing new Pokemon really fun. I do hope though that if they ever did this again they would make it shorter if they only have a couple things to show off. Maybe like, 12 hours. Still really fun though, and I don't regret frying my brain from staring at it for so long.

It was a good idea, but I don’t think the execution was all that great. For a 24 hour stream, it needed 3 new Pokémon at the least, and even if you count impidimp as new, we didn’t get that. Also the problem that it was really hard for people who couldn’t just watch it continuously to see anything. I had it up for like an hour before I finally saw something besides a rustling bush. I think the stream should’ve been shorter and the Pokémon sightings closer together. That way people could tune in for 5, 10 minutes and actually see something. The Pokémon that did appear could’ve stuck around longer too. I get that they wanted Galatia’s ponyta to be mysterious, but why couldn’t say, swirlix, lay down and take a nap in the clearing?

To me it wouldn't feel drawn out if there were more Pokémon, more frequently. Are we to now expect Glimwood Tangle to only have like... 5 or 6 lines of Pokémon? With only two new (Impidimp and Ponyta)? The implications of the stream aren't great.

To me it wouldn't feel drawn out if there were more Pokémon, more frequently. Are we to now expect Glimwood Tangle to only have like... 5 or 6 lines of Pokémon? With only two new (Impidimp and Ponyta)? The implications of the stream aren't great.

Realistically? Probably. That's what most areas have in Pokemon Games, and I got the feeling most Pokemon will be concentrated in the Wild Area anyway.

Honestly? I get it. Real life nature streams are probably incredibly boring (idk, I'm not a wildlife videographer or a biologist by any means). I'm not exactly sure if it was the best idea for TPC to stick with realism here, but admittedly the second half of the stream was more exciting as we saw more and more of Galarian Ponyta.

I would've preferred to see one or two more new Pokemon if that isn't too much to ask for. I know animals aren't frolicking around in the forest all the time, but again, this is one of those situations where I'm unsure if sticking as much to realism as possible is the wisest idea.

At least the second half was fun and I stayed up for that and went to bed after like 1 AM. @_@ Pretty sure I'm going to hear the chiming in my head for a while...

Last edited:
We also got that stubby horse thing

We might have gotten a pre-evo as well, this one looks too stubby to be Ponyta and I think it's missing the black horn.

That one did look different, but... I've already been wrong about this (I was thoroughly convinced we were seeing two before I went to bed last night), and it's too vague to really say anything.

The stream clearly seems to have hinted at Rapidash, at least.

I think we will have a usual news posting, though maybe it will be later in the month. Sure, they only revealed Sirfetch'd for that one trailer, but that was also after they had a bigger trailer within a Nintendo Direct earlier in the month. Based on what Sonia says on the website, it looks like we will possibly be having a trailer that at the bare minimum, summarizes the new info. We get to see Glimwood Tangle ingame, and they officially reveal Impidimp and Galarian Ponyta by naming them and showing off official artwork as well as their in-game look. Since she didn't have the info for us right away, I think the most likely times for them to post this trailer would be in a couple of days from now (Monday 6am PST), or on their usual trailer posting time (Wednesday 6am PST). I could also possibly just see them putting the info on the website. But I do think they will be either posting a separate trailer a bit later into the month or adding a bit of information to the supposed one that will fully reveal Impidimp and Galarian Ponlyta.

I am wondering what the deal is with the lack of a tail on one of the Galarian Ponyta. My brain automatically goes to gender difference, but that just seems like such a weird gender difference to have. "It's just missing a tail" just seems kind of weird. If anything, I could see them doing shorter and less fluffy main on one of them to show off the gender difference. Because of my doubts about the gender difference theory, I wonder if this Galarian Ponyta might have some interesting stuff in the game with lore. LIke maybe they are hunted for their tails or something, kind of like Slowpoke.

Cute. I guess there were two ponytas... i wonder why one is missing it's tail. i mean if it is part ghost type maybe that could explain as the "hair" would be a vapor like thing.. huh. gender difference? mistake? didn't eat enough Morelull?

edit what if its tail is like those fleshy ones with a tuff of hair on the end? you see that in older art of unicorns...

edit nvm i saw a recording someone shared on fb.. there is nothing on its butt :eek:

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom