• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Glitches and Hacks Discussion Thread

I dont know if is a glitch or just a hack pokemon but when I was in the GTS in my SS and I ask for a Chikorita, some days after I receive a Chikorita but this Chikorita has no ability.

It sounds like it's been hacked to me. You could post it's information in the "Is My Pokemon Hacked?" thread for a more definitive answer.

Threads like these make me feel like a jerk. I used to use my AR on my friends' game to cause glitches and mess with them. I mean, I was like 12. But I still feel bad. I do remember getting the question mark glitch on LeafGreen and freaking out. What causes that anyway? That was a legitimate game. I didn't use cheats or anything.

Recently, I ran into a glitch in Explorers of Sky while playing the special episode where you play as Grovyle. Dusknoir had joined as my partner, and I was going through one of the cave dungeons, I don't quite remember which one. While going around a corner, Dusknoir went through the wall the way he usually does, but he seemed to get stuck in it somehow. He didn't move out of that space in the wall, even when the partner command was "Run away", I couldn't talk to him, and thrown items would just collide with the wall. I ended up restarting the game, and everything went back to normal. I haven't been able to recreate the glitch even with various Ghost Pokemon as my partner. Has anyone else run into this glitch?

I just have a question my cartridge freezes when I press the "Y" button is there a way to fix it?

EDIT:
Simple question, got a 3DS playing Gen V, if I wanted a compatable Action Replay, would AR DS or DSi be sufficient or would it have to be a 3DS version?

The AR DSi needs to be updated so it can work on your 3DS. If not you gonna need to invest in a 3DS version

Last edited by a moderator:
emon saphire i was in slateport city and i went near the ferry place and went right so the top right of the city and there's this weird patch and dont say to me i discovered it first discovered it by myself and its only on saphirre

Are there any glitches for FireRed and LeafGreen? I havnt seen a Bulbpeadia page on those games yet

Does anybody have a Actionreplay code for Black/White that makes eggs shiny?
The 'wild pokemon are shiny' code doesnt work on eggs, and I want them for a team on WiFi so I cant use the marking code.

This page has a code, but it doesnt work cuz its the UK version. Can it be changed to work for a USA copy?
Is there a Shiny Egg Action Replay code for Pok

I have a kind of a theoretical question.

Let's say you hack a Tornadus that knows the move Roost. As we all should know, Roost has a side-effect where a flying type Pokemon would temporarily lose its flying type for that single turn. Tornadus is the only pure flying-type Pokemon, so I'm just wondering out of curiosity, what would happen if a Tornadus used Roost? Would the game lock up or unusually continue until the next turn?

Let's say you hack a Tornadus that knows the move Roost. As we all should know, Roost has a side-effect where a flying type Pokemon would temporarily lose its flying type for that single turn. Tornadus is the only pure flying-type Pokemon, so I'm just wondering out of curiosity, what would happen if a Tornadus used Roost? Would the game lock up or unusually continue until the next turn?

Bulbapedia said:
Gen IV - If a Pokémon that has become a pure Flying-type uses Roost, it will become a ???-type Pokémon until the end of the turn.
Gen V - If a pure Flying-type Pokémon uses Roost, it will become Normal-type until the end of the turn.

Seems the dev team thinks of everything.

Huh, first ???-type Arceus, now this. That's a little disappointing in a way, since I kinda have a small obsession with glitches.

Answer: That's why Tornadus doesnt get roost.
But srsly, thats a good question. Maybe hack one and see what happens?

Oops, there was more thread than I knew.
???-Type. So it becomes like a missingno from RSE? It was a ?.

No. It just becomes Normal-type in Gen V, read what smallady said. And ???-type isn't glitched at all.

Then whats ??? type?

There aren't any ??? Type Pokemon to my knowledge, but the move Curse is classified as ??? Type. It may mean that it just has a variable effect depending on the original type of the Pokemon.

Then whats ??? type?

There aren't any ??? Type Pokemon to my knowledge, but the move Curse is classified as ??? Type. It may mean that it just has a variable effect depending on the original type of the Pokemon.

Though Curse is as of Gen V a Ghost-type move. That would have been the last remnant of the ??? type.

To my knowledge, the ???-type was created just for Curse (for some reason) in Generation II. In Generation III, I think eggs were programmed to have this type, too. They decided to take it out in Gen V because there really wasn't any reason to keep around the ???-type, so they just made Curse into a Ghost-type move and called it a day.

I love my Action Replay. It takes the work out of level grinding--nothing better than breeding a good Pokemon and watching it go from lv 1 to lv 94 after a single battle. EVs and IVs are also mine to play with, but I don't go past the 510 limit for EVs and only abuse IVs for 70-BP Hidden Powers of a desired type. I've been working on breeding Pokemon to look legit while abusing such hidden values; once my Wifi gets fixed, I may try them out on Random Matchup to see if they're allowed.

I believe the ??? type is neutral to everything when it's made to work in such a way, forgive me if I'm wrong.

I had sort of an odd glitch happen to me in SoulSilver.

After moving from my DS Lite to a 3DS, I mysteriously lost Blue's number, and have absolutely know way of getting it back to my knowledge.

I love glitches in the Pokémon games. There's one I want to try in G/S/C. Apparently, the capture formula is rather wonky, so if you attempt to catch a Pokémon with an HP of 342 or 683, the game will attempt to divide by zero and go into an infinite loop before crashing. Just what isn't awesome about that? Of course, the only way to encounter a Pokémon with that HP would be through hacking, but it's still awesome. Info obtained here: Gen II Capture Mechanics | The Cave of Dragonflies

Back
Top Bottom