• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gold and Silver DS: Discussion, Debate, Wishlists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold the phone.... when did the Artwork for Gym Leaders get out?
The only artwork so far (I think) is Bugsy's. The rest of the designs we're getting are from the in-game sprites.
Sad but true. :<
Bugsy stayed pretty close, and from a shot of about half of him, it looks like Falkner looks a bit similar also:
http://pokebeach.com/news/0909/hgss-falkner.jpg

He does. The badge case has him looking pretty similar, also. And I can see a similar outfit going off the screen there, so maybe there's hope for him (and maybe a few others, it's still too soon to tell).

In the sense that the changes that occured over the intervening three years are the same as in GSC.
Which were only made due to the limitations of the GameBoy Color. I'd rather have GameFreak use the DS to its full potential and give us what they truly intended Kanto to be this time around, making it the way the would have made it the first time around had they been able to do so, than just give us the same shrunk-down Kanto from GSC again that they only went with because they didn't have much choice, just to stay canon to those limitations that were never meant to be there in the first place. The actual intentions and images that the game designers mean much, much more to me than some sense of staying true for something that they had to settle on, and I'd much rather see a game that fully fulfills the former than the latter, and thus I'm quite happy with the direction HG/SS seems to be going in that regard.

The cave didn't look destroyed AFAIK, it was just blocked off. A lack of an entrance isn't the same as a lack of a location in general. But either way, Seafoam Islands being smaller was always just a gameplay mechanic.

the entrance usually would not be visible after a cave collapses, as the entrance would obviously collapse/be blocked as well.

And gameplay mechanic or not, it's still unreasonable to have Blaine there with Articuno and declare it his gym.

Im trying sooooo hard not to get spoiled by the gym rosters.
I want to be surprised.

My battle against Falkner

Me:"Go chikorita"
"Leader Falkner sent out Skarmory"
Me: "WTF, meep D: "

sooo awesome

the entrance usually would not be visible after a cave collapses, as the entrance would obviously collapse/be blocked as well.

And gameplay mechanic or not, it's still unreasonable to have Blaine there with Articuno and declare it his gym.

No it isn't, the actual Seafoam Islands are pretty big. He's not sitting right next to Articuno, it doesn't matter if he uses it as a gym.

I want to be surprised.

sooo awesome
They're practically the same as before.

I'm not complaining, but I don't want you to be disappointed.

No it isn't, the actual Seafoam Islands are pretty big. He's not sitting right next to Articuno, it doesn't matter if he uses it as a gym.

That's the point, however. It would be far too big to even warrant him complaining about his loss of a gym, much less his using it as a gym.

I want to be surprised.

sooo awesome

Okay then.

That's the point, however. It would be far too big to even warrant him complaining about his loss of a gym, much less his using it as a gym.

He's still got a bunch of wild animals roaming around attacking him in his gym. I never had the impression the Seafoam Islands shrank.

He's still got a bunch of wild animals roaming around attacking him in his gym. I never had the impression the Seafoam Islands shrank.

...which he would use for the training of his fire types, thus not being a big enough problem to have him complaining about his fate. In fact, that would actually make his life even better.

...which he would use for the training of his fire types, thus not being a big enough problem to have him complaining about his fate. In fact, that would actually make his life even better.

No, he's still in a worse position because he has to live in a cave full of monsters. It being small and Pokemon-less was nothing more than game mechanics.

Wow, now it's a major problem because they changed the color of Jasmine's dress???

Wow, now it's a major problem because they changed the color of Jasmine's dress???

not really a major problem its just that there were many fans of hers and some of us dont like the color change cause it makes no sense. are you looking for an argument or something bad?

It's not a major problem. It just saddens/upsets a few fans because Jasmine/some other gym leaders have these radically different designs. It's strange that with all the stuff they're keeping the same, the appearance of the characters are changing a LOT. And, to us, the changes are bad. Therefore, we voice our opinions and say we don't like them.

It's not a major problem at all.

Jasmine's dress barely looks different AT ALL except for the color.

It looks to me like people are looking for things to whine about.

Firstly, I see frills on the dress. The design is nothing like the old one.

Secondly, I was definitely NOT looking for that. At all. I'd rather want nothing to "whine" about at all, but it's happening, sadly.

EDIT: crimson oblivion's statement works, too.

exactly. we dont like the color

So you'll gouge your eyes out because they changed the color and put frills on it.

The fact that people are letting trivial things like the color of Jasmine's dress affect if they're going to get the game and complaining about GOOD THINGS like the inclusion of Mewtwo is just....what.

do u have a favorite character in anything, not just pokemon. now say they totally changed that person. how would you feel?

she looks like she's wearing an apron

i still think have kanto and johto gym leader double battle maybe for rematches

p.s. they dont nessessarly have to be in the same order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom