• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gold and Silver DS: Discussion, Debate, Wishlists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, and neither do you.

The plot thickens.

I'm curious what GF has planned for Gen V now, it sounds pretty interesting. Even though different regions tend to have different myths and legends, it's odd that three (Sinnoh, Johto, unknown region) or four (If you count Kanto) share the same belief of Arceus.

following this picture...

Pokemon_World_Map_by_Cadellin.png

You're north of Johto. Probably on top of that very tall mountain in the center.

In case you were wondering what I meant I was referring to the picture at Serebii.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Go down to the heading "More Preliminary Information" and click the spoiler, I was referring to the first picture.

Or does that picture have nothing to do with Arceus.

In case you were wondering what I meant I was referring to the picture at Serebii.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Go down to the heading "More Preliminary Information" and click the spoiler, I was referring to the first picture.

Or does that picture have nothing to do with Arceus.

I know what picture you're referring to. I've been on Serebii all day. I was bringing that other image in as a reference and a way to determine your location.

EDIT: Serebii's awake again. So, expect more in depth wacky stuff that he uncovers.

Last edited:
LOL. I totally missed the Japanese release. STILL I am quite happy that Fuschia City isn't empty. XD

Too bad, no Sevii Islands, but quite happy that the old Kanto areas are back in full. ^_^

Oh hey, Bugsy's mysterious disappearances only happen on a certain day. Perhaps he's in the Bug Catching contest?

I just found out just what the GB player is. That is so cool. But I think I'm a little late on that.

I hope the content that nobody can find (rematches, Giovanni, the Formes) are actually accessible in the game somehow in a way that doesn't require you to download a ton of extra-crap.

Looks like it's marking your location as off the map.

Cynthia and the Hiker explicitly say that the Shinto ruins are between Johto and Sinnoh. So yeah.

I hope the content that nobody can find (rematches, Giovanni, the Formes) are actually accessible in the game somehow in a way that doesn't require you to download a ton of extra-crap.

I just think our testers are missing some key factor or something.

EDIT: Serebii is of the opinion gym leaders leave their gym for an undisclosed location for rematches. Not proven, but we shouldn't be too far from an answer.

Last edited:
I discovered something!

Kimono Girl Sumomo's name got retconned to Komomo!

Probably to avoid confusion with Tobari Gym Leader.

Though, not that it was neccessary... No one would mistake the two.

I discovered something!

Kimono Girl Sumomo's name got retconned to Komomo!

Probably to avoid confusion with Tobari Gym Leader.

Though, not that it was neccessary... No one would mistake the two.

yes, like Lance and Lance.

yes, like Lance and Lance.

Well, for Japanese people, there's no confusion. Lance is Wataru. And it's OBVIOUS that Rocket Lance's English name won't be Lance.

Giovanni and Lance - for Japanese people, there are two completely different men. :p

Don't be so sure

*coughcharinecouhg*

I don't think that comparison to Janine > Charine retcon is relevant here.

You say that they may retcon Lance (Wataru)'s name to something else and call Rocket Lance "Lance"? Theoretically possible, yet they won't do that.

I don't know, but it confuses me now cause he has no other name.

Oh, and the Week Siblings are back like they were in GSC (though I confirmed this when the art of johto was released)

EDIT: Safari Zone information!
Pokébeach said:
There are 12 unique, default maps in the Johto Safari Zone to switch around and explore for Pokemon. Each map has six zones. You switch around the maps on the computer outside the Safari Zone and can even make your own, though we haven't explored this yet. In HeartGold, we can confirm Lapras, Geodude, Graveler, Magnemite, Magneton, Misdreavus, Murkrow, Magmar, and Kangaskan are capturable. Some of the Pokemon are encountered more often on specific maps. For example, you can find Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, Arbok, and Ekans far more often on the swamp map. On the planes map, you encounter Girafarig, Rattata, Abra, and Smeargle more commonly than anywhere else (perhaps exclusively for some of them). This information is subject to change as we play through the Safari Zone. Remember, the Kanto Safari Zone has been replaced by the Pal Park.

Last edited:
Yeah, I caught that. Thanks, by the way. I've been following the updates for the past 72 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom