• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Greetings from Canada!

thanksforthetea

Pokemon Actress
Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Taylor, however I usually go by "Tea" or "thanksforthetea" online.

I'm 21 years old and have been playing Pokemon since I received Pokemon Silver way back when. I've been an avid Pokemon-er since then, playing Pokemon Ruby, Pearl, SoulSilver, White, White2 and the most recent Pokemon Y. I also own the Japanese versions of HeartGold and Black (Because of me going over to Japan and event-exclusives not working on my NA games... Bastards.)

I'm not much of a battler, however I'm working to get a good team in Pokemon Y to try and competitively battle. If you have any tips, I would greatly appreciate them!

Favourite Pokemon of mine include (in no particular order): Mareep, Swadloon, Drifloon, Cyndaquil, Braixen, and Vaporeon. Favourite type of mine is Fire-type (Always choose fire starters except in Pearl, where I choose the water starter). Never caught a shiny in the wild yet so fingers crossed I get my first in Y!!

Other things about me: I work at a locally-owned toy store, am currently in University taking theatre courses, enjoy drawing, cosplaying, fangirling about TV shows and movies, and pretty much anything artsy.

WHEW that was a lot. I hope to get to know everyone well and enjoy talking about Pokemon as well as other interests!

I think I have like, ten Mareep's in total across all gens. Well, my Thor and Thalia have since evolved, but I still love the little fluff balls of static. ( > 3 < )

Hi, welcome to the forums :)

I started with Silver myself just like you and played every generation. Playing through X right now and am enjoying it a lot. For competitive help, I might visit the Battle Center. Hopefully you'll catch a shiny in Y and it seems like so many people are finding them so you may be in luck. You seem like an interesting person and I hope you'll stick around. Have a great time here.

Thank you very much Heaven and Shiny!

Still haven't found a shiny... Thought I found a shiny Abra but it was my mistake. Thank god it wasn't because it used Teleport on me.

Mareep is so cute! And don't worry, you'll find time to post. I usually post in the mornings. I've never caught a shiny either. (I think I did see one when I was like 7 or 8 but I didn't know what it was.)

(And do you think a cookie Pokemon is a good idea?)

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom