• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh GTS discussion

Reaction score
Trading is an important feature in the pokemon game and the GTS has served players well all those years.... though not without problems.

Will the GTS return? Will it have new features?
Any improvements you want for the GTS in Sword and Shield?

If the GTS makes a return, I really hope that the impossible trades are banned/eliminated outright. The illegal "Level 9 and Under", the "Any Male Ditto", etc. Those just clog up the works and do nothing. Maybe if some of these guys got a temp banning from using the GTS, this would fade away.

Meh, Nintendo doesn't care that much. Nothing's gonna change. =/

I hope they allow us to request evolutionary held items while trading, because I'm sure as heck tired on betting on random chance of getting the Pokemon I actually want to get, so if I want a Porygon holding an Up-grade, then just let me ask for that specific trade.

But then people will just start using that to everyone's disadvantage once again.

For example, a Cyndaquil for a Mewtwo holding an enigma berry.

If the GTS makes a return, I really hope that the impossible trades are banned/eliminated outright. The illegal "Level 9 and Under", the "Any Male Ditto", etc. Those just clog up the works and do nothing. Maybe if some of these guys got a temp banning from using the GTS, this would fade away.

Meh, Nintendo doesn't care that much. Nothing's gonna change. =/

Do you think it matters in random trades if your Pokemon is obviously cheated? Perfect IVs and shiny, etc.

Maybe they will let us put more than one Pokémon up for trade at a time? I would also like it if you could sign up for email notifications when your Pokémon has been traded or a smartphone app to help manage the whole thing, maybe linked to Pokebank?

But then people will just start using that to everyone's disadvantage once again.

For example, a Cyndaquil for a Mewtwo holding an enigma berry.
I specifically said evolutionary held items, which means berries can't be asked for.

Do you think it matters in random trades if your Pokemon is obviously cheated? Perfect IVs and shiny, etc.
My main concern is that impossible trades clog the GTS, which makes it a pain to trade. I can't help but get sick of the "here's a shiny Pokemon you can never trade for because the trainer wants a male Metagross". I know why those are posted--straight up bragging rights--but it drives me nuts. (Then again, I managed to hold on to a level 5 Mew during the days of the Gen V GTS and used it to claim a shiny Golurk that had been left for trade for over a year. I admit it: it was jerkish of me. But those trades annoy me to no end!)

Last edited:
My ideal is that they simply make it so that you can't offer a common Pokemon in exchange for a legendary or mythic of all things. No, I'm not going to surrender my Dialga or what-have-you for a a run-of-the-mill Zigzagoon. Those are the trades that really clog up the system and make it a pain to use.

Although maybe previous games implemented a filter for that. I honestly cannot remember anymore. I'd still prefer it though that those trades are banned but that's unlikely to happen. I don't expect them to make any changes.

Here's an idea: let us see the summery.

Also searching by what people want would be cool.

We should be able to see the summary, agreed.

You know what else?

Let us be able to filter abilities too. It make getting HA's much easier.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom