• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GTS Negotiation

Normal GTS or GTS Negotiations?

• Normal GTS

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • GTS Negotiations

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • Both

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • None - I don't use the GTS

Votes: 12 11.5%

• Total voters
I don't know what you're talking about, but I managed to get a level 50 Absol out of it very early in my adventure.

I believe that the reason you're not getting anyone on GTS negotiations is because no one is on. People actually have to be up there to negotiate.

As far as I can tell, normal GTS is being pretty fair right now, GTS negotiations was kind of fun, you won't really know what Pokémon you're getting, but its a fun thing to do when you're just collecting ID's and locations.

It seems pretty good to me. I got an Audino for an Accergor and a Escavalier on it, both level 1 and UT.

I didn't realize this before, but even local trades utilize the same set-up as the GTS Negotionation. :0

I LOVE that though...you don't have to get your Pokemon ready before the trade!

I didn't realize this before, but even local trades utilize the same set-up as the GTS Negotionation. :0

I LOVE that though...you don't have to get your Pokemon ready before the trade!

I remember doing that with someone in the JP version. It was a bit confusing, however, as I was still used to the 1 at a time system.

I'm trying this out at the moment, the first time around it ended badly. I think he had a smiley fit or something and then the connection was broken.

Second time was much better, I traded my Solrock for a Liepard. Mostly just because I wanted to trade something on the GTS. I can catch more Solrocks anyway.

I'm looking for another one now, I'm sort of hoping if I offer a Rufflet they'll offer a Vullaby. Haven't got a response yet though....it's been about 5 minutes. :( (It's hard to believe there's absolutely nobody in the world trying out gts negotiations in the last 5 minutes...

More people should honestly use this, its easy to spam normal GTS since you can just leave something up there, but if you want to just collect locations and ID's to get your extra masterball...

...now I just need to Poketransfer and breed better Pokemon like previous gen starters.

Sounds like a great idea to me. I haven't been in the GTS yet. I've been too focused on the story. I'll either go ahead and try it tonight or after I beat the main story.

Not really negotiation, but still awesome. I'm trying to build an army of Pidove; so I put a random Abra on the GTS and asked for a Pidove.

I got the Ash's Pidove event...for an Abra xD

I tried GTS Negotiations again last night and was kinda disappointed. I just wanted to trade something regular, but everyone I connected with was either offering Lv4 Patrats or something I can't afford, like Moltres and shiny Voltorb (and then spamming the sad face at my pitiful offers). That was a hour wasted.

As far as I can tell, normal GTS is being pretty fair right now

Obviously you haven't tried to trade for a Zekrom. Everyone wants either a Reshiram, a Zekrom, or a Kyurem for it, all level 9 and under. EVERYONE. What's with that? They fixed the cloning glitch, so it can't be for that.

I have tried the GTS negotiations, though. Not too bad. I haven't gotten anything amazingly spectacular off it so far (whereas off the normal GTS I got the Mystery Egg Axew), but I'll continue to go at it today. Hopefully I can get someone to offer me a Thundurus for one of my spare legendaries.

With a mustache.

Everybody wants Zekrom or something. I've been trying for about 2 days to have someone trade my Vullaby for a Rufflet....

Even Pidove; everyone wants a sodding Reshiram.

FOR. A. PIDOVE.
Is this normal GTS or GTS negotiation? I don't understand why you're bringing in a Pidove or a Reshiram. Honestly, I've never had trouble at GTS negotiation.

I need to restart one of my old versions so I can get multiple Deoxys up for trade.

Ugh, I can't seem to get anyone to trade a Karrablast for a Shelmet or vice versa. I mean, I try to be as obvious about it as possible (Offer Karablast, then Shelmet seconds afterwards, spam smiley face/exclamation mark), but nobody seems to get the picture.
It's a minor gripe though, as I'm otherwise having fun being generous and giving folks who are obviously still pretty early in the game some pokemon that aren't up for grabs until later on.

Even Pidove; everyone wants a sodding Reshiram.

FOR. A. PIDOVE.
Reminds me of DP.

"Offering; Starly
Wanted; Palkia, level 9 or under"

Why the hell aren't there restrictions for this kind of thing?

I was looking for Reshiram and Zekrom yesterday thinking people would just want the opposite dragon. They all wanted level nine and under of the same dragon.

GTS Negotiations are definitely the way to go.

I was looking for Reshiram and Zekrom yesterday thinking people would just want the opposite dragon. They all wanted level nine and under of the same dragon.

GTS Negotiations are definitely the way to go.

Someone with an AR should just create a bunch of hacks and reap the rewards. That'd teach them to not clog the GTS with useless crappy requests. ^^

Obviously you haven't tried to trade for a Zekrom. Everyone wants either a Reshiram, a Zekrom, or a Kyurem for it, all level 9 and under. EVERYONE. What's with that? They fixed the cloning glitch, so it can't be for that.

I have tried the GTS negotiations, though. Not too bad. I haven't gotten anything amazingly spectacular off it so far (whereas off the normal GTS I got the Mystery Egg Axew), but I'll continue to go at it today. Hopefully I can get someone to offer me a Thundurus for one of my spare legendaries.

With a mustache.
^This
What's more annoying is they offer shiny pokemon for it too. I've seen 3 shiny Chandelures up for trade and asking for a legendary lv9 or lower.

As for the GTS Negotiation, I didn't get any rare pokemon yet but I was able to get some pokemon I didn't catch.

What I've noticed was those with Japanese versions always seem to ask for Lv 9 and under Pokemon, while those with English (US locations) always ask for Reshirams for Pidoves.

Strange pattern, but yeah, since they can apparently change rules on WiFi random battle, they should at least regulate GTS. It has the potential to be so good.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom