• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gyarados drawing

Jekyll

Reaction score
Thought I should post this drawing I made.

0011.jpg

10/29/10, Sakura pen and colored pencils

Gyarados is one of my favorite Pokémon.
Maybe adding scales wasn't the greatest idea, but overall I like it.
Concrit?

Hey, nice one! =D I just evolved my Magikarp on HeartGold yesterday; Gyarados is a very, very cool and powerful pokemon.

Don't worry, adding the scales was a good idea. Adds detail to it, you know?

Thanks for your comment!
And congratulations for evolving your Magikarp, it really pays off, right?

Thanks for your comment!
And congratulations for evolving your Magikarp, it really pays off, right?

You're most welcome. =)

Oh, definitely! She's my signature powerhouse on SoulSilver, at the moment. B)

Thanks for your comments!
I did the eyes like that 'cause I thought the style used in the official art wouldn't match the style I used in the rest of the drawing.
Glad you were scared liked it

It's pretty cool. *He certainly has some personality--a possibly startled/scared look (his eyes are looking to his right, so that's where I'm getting the scared/startled look from) and his wide open mouth makes me think he's maybe angry.

I think the scales were a good idea; I like it. What I don't like is that he seems a little short. I think Gyrados are supposed to be longer. Otherwise, it's cool.

*He, she or it :p It don't matter right now.

Thank you for your comments!
The looking to the right/expression thing was unintentional, I guess I was just focused in making it look like a Gyarados, haha. I do agree he (it really is a he, apparently male Gyarados have blue barbles and female ones have white barbels) is short. I'll make sure to remember that next time, thanks for pointing it out!

Great job!!!

Your drawing is so cool...

I like you color combination and the way you sketch it...

Keep it up...^_^

Just wow. This picture is so good it makes me consider changing my name to "Gyari" or something...

I love it! Especially the veiny part on the tail fin.
Oh, and the scales look great!

Thank you everyone, I'm flattered!
And apparently you liked the scales. I guess I will keep them next time I draw a Gyarados, just be more careful with planning.

It's good, but I feel as if it needs more movement. Maybe if you had it half jumping out of waters, or firing an attack. I personally feel that it looks bland... It's not bad, the drawing is good, so is the colouring, but the overall picture just feels like a picture. Either way, good job.

Thanks, people!
I really appreciate the concrit!
Actually, I am aware of the "pose-ish-ness" of the drawing, it is something I struggle with in all of my drawings: the characters allways look like they are, well, posing. Or just doing nothing at all.
It might take a while, but I'll try to draw a more detailed and dinamic picture (Gyarados or not) and post it.

Back
Top Bottom