• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym Discussion/Speculation

Yay for another Bug-type Gym :')

And I agree with Anser, no more freaking Water and Electric Gyms PLEASE!

For the love of Arceus can we please have a Dark type gym finally? Dark has been a type since Gen 2 and there hasnt been any Gym to represent it, Steel had one, why not Dark. Also they should give Electric a rest and have a Steel gym, and other types that we haven't seen a while.

Well, we know we at least have a Bug-type gym.

Please Junichi Masuda, give us a Dark-type gym and NOT a Dragon or Ice gym. Seriously, every main series DS game had an Ice-gym (Except B2W2, which still had the gym per say, but not as part of the badge quest) and all but DPt had a dragon gym.

In the Pokemon World tournament, there were no Dark-type Gym Leaders, so they used random NPCs. Sadface.

I guess this gen we will get :
Rock
Normal or Fighting
Steel
Bug
Psychic
Poison
Grass
Dark gym

I really, really hope for a Dark type gym. I'm sick of Dragon, Ice, Electric and Rock, really. A Steel type gym, Psychic type gym, or Ghost type gym are others I'd quite like to be involved. But all in all, I'll be very angry if this region doesn't have a Dark gym.

Hey all :)
So excited for the new games- have watched the trailer over and over again!!

I realise it's maybe a bit early to start discussing and speculating on the Gyms, but there does seem to be one present in the trailer:

Gym_zps2ac3acf5.png

Kinda reminds me of Caitlin's rooms from B/W/B2/W2 - maybe a Psychic type Gym?

Also, it seems like they're re-using the Unova Gym symbol this time around - maybe just a standard symbol for Gyms worldwide or is it another connection to Unova similar to the Golurk statue?
I don't think That girl is the gym Leader !
I think she's the female PC of Pokemon X & Y !

A bug gym, maybe? (EDIT: Oh, already mentioned)
buggym.jpg
I guess is that the Gym leader's main Pokemon is a Spider Pokemon.
Probably a evolution of Ariados or Galvantula.

I hope the first gym won't be Rock type...
And I hope also there will be Steel and Fire gyms.

Personally for gym's I'd like to have

Bug
Dark
Psychic
Ghost
Poison
Steel
Fighting
Flying

With the Elites being Fire, Electric, Normal and Grass with the Champion using either mixed or another type that isn't Dragon.

What about a Trick Room-themed gym? Or a Perish Trap themed gym? Or a Volt-Turn gym (god, maybe not)? Assist Shuffle? Baton Pass? Anything involving entry hazards? I want variety!!

If you people want type specializations, perhaps the Elite 4 can each specialize in one of the weather effects, which is sort of monotype.

Imagine:
1 - Gravity
2 -
3 - Assist Shuffle (would be the singularly most frustrating gym in history lol)
4 -
5 - Perish Trap
6 - Trick Room
7 - Baton Pass
8 -

I think she's the female PC of Pokemon X & Y !
Maybe, but I doubt they would make a blonde playable character.
The main target audience is the Japanese kids and you know, Japanese people don't have blonde hair.
Virtually every anime ever would like a word. Besides, Japanese people naturally usually have black hair, not brown. Also, she looks like the PC here:
XY_Prerelease_bridge.png

Blond ????
I thought that girl had Brown hair .
I hope we get to see the first Dark type Gym.

Really? The hair looks yellow here... Maybe my monitor is broken.
It's dark blonde. It's certainly not yellow though.

I think the webbed gym is most likely a bug gym.

That crazy floor gym could be either Psychic or Ghost, but I'm betting Psychic.

The fiery room could be a gym, but I think it's an Elite 4/Champion's room.

And I do hope there's a Dark gym in this game. THERE NEEDS TO BE ONE!!!

What about a Trick Room-themed gym?

Wasn't Blue's gym in HG/SS kinda like that?

what do U think will there be different gyms between X and Y !

Not only different pokes, different type of gyms?

I hope for more changes. and differences between versions.

and will there be a PWT building ?

I thought it was cool in Black and White where you fought Iris or Drayden depending on the game, but i thought it was awful when there was no difference then the Pokemon's gender. If they were to do that in X and Y, they should make a difference.

For the gyms, I'm predicting (in order of likeliness, IMO): Bug, Psychic, Dark, Grass, Ground, Fire, Steel, Ice. If Fire is a gym, I bet it'll be that room with the crazy pyrotechnics going on, and it'll be last.

As for the E4, I predict Normal, Rock, Electric, and Water. Of course, this is assuming they're trying to balance the number of times each is used for what.

Reasoning:

From the trailer, I think it's safe to assume Bug & Psychic will get gym, especially Bug. Dark should, and Water & Electric definitely shouldn't get gyms though they've never been used in the E4, and they're popular types, so they're likely candidates for that. If we assume Grass will get a gym too (because why not, and also the trailer), then that only leaves 11 types to choose from. Whilst this seems like a wide range, Normal & Rock E4 members are particularly few, so they might choose to fill that void all at once, and Poison & Ghost have already had 3 & 2 gyms now respectively (and quite a few E4 for Ghost) leaving only a 7 types to choose from for the remaining gyms. Ground hasn't been used much for anything (only 2 gyms and one E4), so they might go with that, and Dragon and Fighting have been whored out quite a lot in Gyms and E4, so I don't think we'll see a return. So that leaves Ice & Fire, which haven't really been used that much (compared to the other types remaining).

Of course, it's no where near solid, but it's my best guess atm.

P.S. I'd love to see more multi-leader gyms, in the style of the Striaton Trio & Drayden/Iris, but something tells me it was just a Gen V gimmick :/

Last edited:
Another Psychic-type gym would be nice. We haven't had one of those since Hoenn. And I agree that we need a Dark-type gym leader already. I don't understand why they haven't done that yet. The types I would like to see used for gyms are: Psychic, Steel, Ghost, Dark, Bug, Fire, Poison, and Fighting (not necessarily in that order). Ghost, Steel, and Fighting gyms all weren't in the last gen, so I could see them being used again. We just recently had a Poison gym, but I still wouldn't mind another one. Bug-type seems to be confirmed already.

Rock, Normal, Electric, and especially Water need to take a break. There's been a Water-type gym in every gen so far except for the second one. I think they should give Water gyms a rest this gen.

As long as there's a Dark-type gym I'm satisfied.

Would it be a good idea to use the environments shown as evidence for possible gyms?
STEEL TYPE GYM AT THE NOTEFFIEL TOWER!!

Back
Top Bottom