• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym Leader Rage!

Gardenia. fucking whore killed my poor team at least 8 billion times.

*releases Soviet Mudkips into Gardenia's gym*

Whitney.
Her Miltank is so frustrating. I was in a battle against her, and my Weepinbell used Solarbeam, and that douchebag Miltank used Milk Drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAAGGGEEEEE!!!!!!!

Whitney (Attract is one problem, but then there's Stomp. THEN THERE'S STOMP!!! It had me going all cult-like, repeatedly telling my DS that 'flinching is morally wrong' o_O)

and the Clair/Lance double act in Dragons' Den. You know how bad that was? I got my Arceus over from Diamond, with a Draco Plate. That's what it took.

There are some tough Gym Leaders, but the most irritating Gym Leader battle that comes to mind at the moment is Whitney and her stupid stomping, milk-chugging Miltank. >:O
It took me forever to beat her, in the original and the remake! D:

People in this thread don't know what taunt is.

I'm generally underleveled in every Pokemon game I play, because it just happens that way. Except that in HGSS everyone's levels were low I actually found myself equal to everyone but Clair and Jasmine.

Morty was a pain in the ass however, because Gengar was faster than every pokemon I had access too. His Special attack was really high too. Even at level 25 none of your Pokemon are out speeding a 110 base speed monster. Then he has 130 base special attack with Shadowball. I wish I had raised Togepi, because he/she would have been immune to ghost moves and super effectively hit with extra sensory.

The only Pokemon that you could possibly get that could be faster than Gengar is Espeon. Even then it would have to be a +Speed nature. I found Whitney to be easy this time around. She gave me trouble in the original G/s/C because I would only use moves that did damage. This time I paralyzed Miltank which helped a lot. Miltank had a Lum Berry but I just paralyzed it again. After Paralyzing her Miltank it was severely crippled. I also used Gastly as fodder to put a curse on it.

That strategy kept causing miltank to use milk drink over and over. The batttle was stalling a little but I managed to win. I would go first, Miltank would milk drink, then residual curse damage. Each turn Miltank had less health then I eventually got a critical hit and won.

Last edited:
Getting (curb)stomped to death by whitney and her miltank of course.

I'm also in the same boat as a few others with the kanto leaders in HG/SS. Lt. Surge was the most difficult just because of levels. Seriously, they jumped so much from gold and silver.

^Yeah I was surprised how high some of the levels were compared to the originals. Janine was still a joke however. They still didn't buff my favorite female Kanto gym leader. At least her entire team wasn't under level 40 like the originals.

I found Clair's Kingdra, Whitney's Miltank and Misty's Starmie difficult in Pokemon Crystal.

Last edited:
Oh, that Kingdra! It's always an annoying foe to face. I had to PP stall it out of Dragon Pulse to be able to fight back this time around!

My first ever moment of rage was when Misty took out all but my Venusaur in FR. I didn't know grass was effective against water, so I was surprised when I destroyed her. After that, Whitney pissed me off. Morty...dear lord, Morty...took me literally 5 tries to defeat him...otherwise, besides the Johto Dark type E4 member and frikkin' Lance, I've never had many problems.

the Johto Dark type E4 member and frikkin' Lance, I've never had many problems.

Yeah. The first E4 trainer that defeated me in GSC/HgSs... Karen, that Houndoom likes to KO pokemon huh?

Well, I had major problems with Clair´s Kingdra, and from Kanto, Green/Blue, his team finally had a real strategy, that Machamp´s Dinamypunch was... ugh... I didn't know that GF invented a new ability for that muscle bag. Perfect accuracy. Thanks a lot.

Yeah. The first E4 trainer that defeated me in GSC/HgSs... Karen, that Houndoom likes to KO pokemon huh?

Well, I had major problems with Clair´s Kingdra, and from Kanto, Green/Blue, his team finally had a real strategy, that Machamp´s Dinamypunch was... ugh... I didn't know that GF invented a new ability for that muscle bag. Perfect accuracy. Thanks a lot.

You do know Machamp's ability causes you to have perfect accuracy too, right? I abuse it with Gengar's hypnosis because I will always be faster.

When I first did the E4, I used Hypnosis and Dream Eater. The second time around I ditched dream eater for T-Bolt and just hypnosis and spam Shadow Ball.

Karen's Houndoom is a monster in either version. In the originals it just had raw power. In this game if you don't OHKO it, he will do a nasty plot and sweep your whole team. Houndoom with Nasty Plot is scary.

Whitney was easy. It was Morty and Claire that gave me the worst trouble in the remakes (damn speedy hovering ghosts
picture.php
)

If anyone's played Black/White yet, is Aloe worse than Whitney? Her Miruhoggu has Hypnosis, Crunch (Base Power 80) and Retaliation (STAB power 105, 210 the turn after her Haderia faints)

Whitney was easy. It was Morty and Claire that gave me the worst trouble in the remakes (damn speedy hovering ghosts
picture.php
)

If anyone's played Black/White yet, is Aloe worse than Whitney? Her Miruhoggu has Hypnosis, Crunch (Base Power 80) and Retaliation (STAB power 105, 210 the turn after her Haderia faints)

didn't notice, i thought the B/W gym leaders were all pretty easy. The only one in the fame who gave me any trouble was Geechisu

I hate the Dark type of the elite four! I do so freaking well! Then I fight her and she destroys me.

In Black, I struggled most against Aloe. Arti was a bit of a challenge, and all the others were easy. (I beat Fuuro with just a Gigiaru.)

Now, on to the Aloe rage. CURSE YOU, HYPNOSIS!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom