• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gym puzzles easy?

What I meant was if you give someone a copy of Red version, and another guy a copy of Black 2. I guarantee you the first guy will struggle, ragequit, and take longer than the second guy. It's not that we understand them, it's just they've gradually been decreasing in difficulty.

Honestly, I agree with Toonytown. The reason Pokemon games are getting easier for us is because we're more experienced players. A newbie would probably have a tough time with Black and White. Other franchises have gotten easier for experienced players too, it isn't just Pokemon. Veteran Zelda players, for instance, found Twilight Princess easy, but newbies found it hard.

Last edited:
Well, I blew Red version right away when I rented it, I didn't think it was difficult in the slightest, just like all Pokémon games.

Would it make the game that much more better? I don't really think so. I mean, I can see why there would be better puzzles (to stimulate your mind, to get ready for the battle), but I don't think we need mind-bending puzzles; this is a kid-friendly game, after all.

I've never had to look up how to get through one before or anything. I've always found them very simple, since they're kids games and all.

I think most of the Gyms are fine as they are, it would be cool to see dungeons (ie caves and large buildings) with Zelda style puzzles and stuff.

Pokemon isn't a puzzle based game... so no. Think about the little kids that are playing it. If the gyms were more difficult then they would probably spend hours trying to get through it just so they could fight the leader.

LoZ is aimed at little kids too and they have some tough piuzzles

I would like some harder IQ puzzle. (The Fantina one is still not enough)
You must get 3 correct answers, each wrong answer will result in a Trainer Battle.
The question will be like:
'How many legs do Galvantula have?' (The answer is 8)
'Which of the folling is Durant's sworn enemy?' (The answer is Heatmor)
'How much is Thunder's accuracy in Sunny Day weather?' (50%) etc

While I understand the games are targeted for a younger audience, some of the gym puzzles are so easy that it insults the intelligence of older players. Perhaps Pokemon should come with a difficulty setting...

While I understand the games are targeted for a younger audience, some of the gym puzzles are so easy that it insults the intelligence of older players. Perhaps Pokemon should come with a difficulty setting...

You'd think that would be a good idea, but I don't know how much it would help. Fire Emblem, another Nintendo franchise, has always had a difficulty setting, but even on easy mode, these games are still hard. At least to me. I can very well see a Pokemon game with a difficulty setting still being easy on hard mode.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom