• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Gyms Speculation Thread

could be both. But league member can use more mixed dual types.
Or it could turn out that a gym leader or his relative became a E4 member and left them the gym.
Doubt it, and I wouldn’t want that either. I’d rather have more variety. Wouldn’t be opposed to an e4 member with no type specialty since technically it hasn’t been done yet (all the e4 members who have used Pokémon that aren’t of their type have at least still followed the thematic element of one type and were still classified by one type).

Based on the footage from the trailer I think it's safe to say now that the mysterious red, white and blue symbol that's also in the Japanese logos is in fact the logo of the Galar Pokémon League.

So verson exclusive gyms are a thing now. I got real excited for a second 'cause I thought the Ghost gym was a Dark one lol
Oh those are version exclusives? That's an interesting concept. So the ghost and fighting gyms are in the same location?

Hmmm, interesting... It seems like we're going to be having version-exclusive gyms this time o.o

I wonder what the reasoning will be for that though? Like, it feels a bit odd... does Sword and Shield happen on two different timelines or two different dimensions? Am I the only one thinking about this seemingly paradoxical dilemme?

At this point every split version is its own timeline.

Pokémon Gun will reconcile the timelines. Calling it now. This some weird Hoopa stuff right here.

It was technically also a thing in Black and White except it was just Iris/Drayden who were exclusive rather than the whole gym.

Yeah but this takes it to a whole new level, so I'm definitely curious to see how they will pull it off!

so it looks like they're importing the pre-League tournament from the anime?
THE CHAMPION CUP

Once a year in the Galar region, a series of Pokémon battles are held with the League Championship on the line.

This is the Champion Cup! The Champion Cup is the tournament to decide who will be able to challenge the reigning Champion for their seat. Exemplary Trainers throughout the region, such as those who successfully complete the Gym Challenge, are allowed to participate in the Champion Cup tournament.

The Champion Cup battles are broadcast on TV, and all the people of the Galar region will be watching!

also, having to shill a corporation in order to participate in the League makes me want to gag :sick:

those are some good goddamn Gym leader designs though, i will say

Twitter is releasing fanart even as I watched the video the minute it dropped. I mean, gotta give props to GF for these character designs.

Oleana's face is honestly my mood everyday. What a relatable character!

I'm really hoping that Oleana will be the mastermind behind everything. She looks like she'd be an awesome antagonist.

I'm really hoping that Oleana will be the mastermind behind everything. She looks like she'd be an awesome antagonist.

Popular opinion says Rose is the true antagonist here, and that he might be the one pulling the strings behind Leon. I hope Oleana is either aware but indifferent (totally chaotic neutral I think?) or just plain unaware before going full-on dynamax on justice!

Also, her face is a mood. I just need to keep saying that. LOL!

I can see Rose being the true antagonist but the idea of Oleana being the real one who truly manipulates and controls Rose (who thinks he's in charge) before revealing herself at the very end, providing herself not only as cunning but also incredibly powerful would be an interesting twist.

but yes her face is a big mood.

I can see Rose being the true antagonist but the idea of Oleana being the real one who truly manipulates and controls Rose (who thinks he's in charge) before revealing herself at the very end, providing herself not only as cunning but also incredibly powerful would be an interesting twist.

but yes her face is a big mood.

D-D-Double Treachery at its finest! Poor Leon, he has his worked cut out for him!

Considering both Bea and Oleana are version-exclusive Gym Leaders, we they might have to be version-exclusive antagonists. To be honest, I wouldn’t mind that since their differences would result in different motives and possibe different story-beats. It’d really help make both versions distinct from each other.

Considering both Bea and Oleana are version-exclusive Gym Leaders, we they might have to be version-exclusive antagonists. To be honest, I wouldn’t mind that since their differences would result in different motives and possibe different story-beats. It’d really help make both versions distinct from each other.
Er..... you mean Bea and Allister. Oleana isn't a gym leader.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom