• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Gyms Speculation Thread

Ghost gym with Mummy based pokemon taking that Crowley was related to Egipt?

There's a ghost Gym already. It's Gym Leader is called Allister.

I mean him exactly. Hope no Gengar in his gym. Would rather
Cofagrigus and unused or new ones.
and a improvement to Mummy that not only turns ability of foe into Mummy but does something like chanelling hp or reducing all stats.
It has good stats for Curse and other tricks.

I mean him exactly. Hope no Gengar in his gym. Would rather
Cofagrigus and unused or new ones.
and a improvement to Mummy that not only turns ability of foe into Mummy but does something like chanelling hp or reducing all stats.
It has good stats for Curse and other tricks.

I think its safe to say each gym leader will have a new pokemon or 2 on their team in addition to older ones.

Milo - eldegoss
Nessa - Goldeen and Drednaw
Bea - hitmontop
Allistar - mimikyu

So its possible we haven't seen their " ace " yet which may or may not be new.

Id like cofagrigus to be in SwSh as well

Last edited:
I think its safe to say each gym leader will have a new pokemon or 2 on their team in addition to older ones.

Milo - eldegoss
Nessa - Goldeen and Drednaw
Bea - hitmontop
Allistar - mimikyu

So its possible we haven't seen their " ace " yet which may or may not be new.

Id like cofagrigus to be in SwSh as well

that Goldeen is weird... they could have given her Wingull, wimpod or Wishiwashi... why Goldeen? did they created a Seaqueen pokemon? or will Seaking get a Galar water/fighting form?

Not expecting a lot tomorrow we may see kabu and / or opal.

I think tomorrow will be a lot like the e3 trailer were we saw a better look at the nessas gym and a reveal of said gym leader.

It will probably be a few new game routes or town with a better look at the industrial city gym and get introduced to the leader

Since every GYM so far has a company that patronize it (we can see the logos in GYM arenas), maybe these companies could be used as clue to find the types of Gyms.
"Help wanted on our farm" -> Milo Gym
"Help with cooking" -> Fire?
"Contruction work, heavy lifting" -> Steel, Rock?

Nessa using a Cramorant?
That should happen.
Would be really cool to have whirlpool, dive and surf together with water pulse or a flying move?
Or maybe Dive, U-turn, Whirlpool and Sky Drop? Or a Stockpile, Spit up combo?
Flying press?
Sky drop(make it hit dive users in semi turn)

Maybe Surf could work like Bounce now, give semi-invulnerable turn?

Allister and Polteagheist? Would be cool.

Nessa using a Cramorant?
That should happen.
Would be really cool to have whirlpool, dive and surf together with water pulse or a flying move?
Or maybe Dive, U-turn, Whirlpool and Sky Drop? Or a Stockpile, Spit up combo?
Flying press?
Sky drop(make it hit dive users in semi turn)

Maybe Surf could work like Bounce now, give semi-invulnerable turn?

Allister and Polteagheist? Would be cool.
About Nessa: I don't know if Cramorant will get an evolution. It doesn't look strong or intimidating to me. I think that Nessa's ace is Drednaw. She is the second Gym if I'm not mistaken.
About Allister: It is the 5 or 6 Gym, so we can expect some full/partly evolved pokémon here.

About Nessa: I don't know if Cramorant will get an evolution. It doesn't look strong or intimidating to me. I think that Nessa's ace is Drednaw. She is the second Gym if I'm not mistaken.
About Allister: It is the 5 or 6 Gym, so we can expect some full/partly evolved pokémon here.

Didn't wrote about evo.
but she could use 3 pokemon? Goldeen felt fishy. A flying/water would be good against Grookey and other grass types.

Didn't wrote about evo.
but she could use 3 pokemon? Goldeen felt fishy. A flying/water would be good against Grookey and other grass types.
Yes. But, since Allister is the sixth or fifth Gym leader, I'm thinking that Polteagheist is too weak for Allister. Yeah, maybe he does use Polteagheist as his first pokémon, Mimikyu, and a third pokémon. I can see it.

Gym Leader Ace Speculations:
Milo - Eldegoss
Nessa - Drednaw
Bea - ???? (HaS tO bE a GaLaR mOn)
Allister - A polteageist evo.
SPOILER
Opal: Alcremie evo
Kabu: ???

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom