• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows SPOILER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what JKR said about the epilogue in 2001:
This is the final chapter of book seven. This is really where I wrap everything up, it's the epilogue. And I basically say what happens to everyone after they leave school - those who survive
It just doesn't match that description. If she hadn't said that, it would easier to appreciate all the good moments it does have. Such as Albus Severus and how funny Ron is. "Granddad Weasly would never forgive you if you married a pure-blood" is probably a recent addition since JKR revealed that Arthur got the reprieve.

JKR has also confirmed that she'll be doing the encyclopedia she has been saying she'll probably do for years so it looks like we'll have to wait for that to find out what happens to everyone.

Anybody else dissapointed that none of the good guys actually use Avada Kedavra? When Harry use the Imperius Curse and the Cruciatus, I was waiting for the moment he would unleash the big AK. What a shame he didn't.
I assumed Molly hit Bellatrix with AK, from the way it was described.

Actually, I was horrified by Harry flinging around Unforgivables the way he did. The good guys shouldn't be resorting to dark magic to get things done, and especially not just to defend someone else's honour, even if McGonagall is awesome.

My guess is that Minerva became headmaster of Hogwarts, but I wonder what other changes happened in those 19 years in that castle.
I just read a new JKR interview, and she said the headmaster/mistress in the epilogue is someone new, not McGonagall, as she's "getting on a bit". Which... doesn't really figure, since Dumbledore was 150, but w/e.

And yes, she also said that Mr. Weasley was originally slated to die in book 5. :eek: Apparently she wanted to kill a "father", but made up for it by killing off another one in book 7, which I guess must have been Lupin. So Lupin and Tonks were, presumably, the two extra sacrifices who weren't originally planned to die. Well, most of the fandom figured that already. I was shocked to hear that Arthur nearly got bumped off, though. If he had died, I bet Molly's duel with Bellatrix would have had even more resonance.

Someone pointed out that OotP, the book where Arthur would have died, was also the book Tonks was introduced in. They wondered if it was possible JKR only came up with her character for OotP so that Lupin could have a love interest and, subsequently, a child, thus allowing her to kill off a dad. I don't know if I believe that, but it's an interesting idea.

JKR practically confirmed, IIRC, that she would write an encyclopaedia of Harry's world, but she said she'd need a break first before attempting it. I'd actually be just as interested to hear about her writing process than in the encyclopaedia, but I guess she has her website for that kind of thing.

Where is this interview you read? =D

Edit: I just reread that duel part. I'm pretty sure if she used it, JKR would have described the green light. Plus it says that Bellatrix relised for a split second what happened. If it was an AK she wouldn't have the time to realise, she'd be dead that instant.

@ Foxzundance,

As soon as lupin told Harry he was the godfather of teddy, It occured to me there was a strong possibility Lupin&Tonks would die. It just sounded familiar to the way James&Lily died. Harry was left with a godfather... And so was teddy, Idunno, makes sense to me...

Likewise here, except when Lupin first said Tonks was pregnant, I thought 'One of them will die'. Not that I wanted them to die.

I really LOVED the Big Battle For Hogwarts. Practically everyone got in on that battle:The students, the teachers, the ghosts, the house elves, the storekeepers of Hogsmeade, the centaurs, Aragog's descendants, Grawp and some fellow giants, the Order of the Phoenix, Harry's old Quidditch team, Bill, Percy and Charlie, Fleur, enchanted suits of armor, and I think Mr. Filch had his cat attack some of the Death Eaters too. My favorite moments from the battle were: Sibel Trelawny throwing crystal balls at the Death Eaters, Miss Sprout brandishing Mandrakes, Ron punching Draco Malfoy in the nose to remind him that Harry, Ron and Hermione saved his life twice, Kreature leading a battalion of house elves into the fray and Mrs. Weasley calling Bellatrix a bitch!:lol:

Peter Pettigrew and Severus Snape could've had better deaths. And Dobby's death was really saddening. I was like "NOOOO! NOT DOBBY! NOOOOOO!"

Heh... I am SO happy that the trio didn't all get randomly killed off. People have been predicting that outcome for years, and I'm quite happy to know that I was in the right all along. *Pats self in back*

So was I (with the addition of Ginny). But I wanted Harry and Ginny and Ron and Hermione to remain alive partly for the sake there was romance between them. Speaking of which, that was SO funny that Ron and Hermione actually found a moment to hug and kiss each other before the set off to find the Lost Daidem. XD

And I really feel sorry for Albus Dumbledore after finding out what happened to his family.

Kreature? Which language version is that from, Arseus? I know it,s Kreatur in french, but...;-)

Thanks for the catch, Chris.

No problem...*checks profile* Damian? New name huh?

Part two is supposed to be tomorrow. It'll be online, too OI am sure. Will keep an eye out for it. Always nice to see JKR. She's class all the way.

LX

The English name is Kreacher...

And yeah, figured I'd get a new name.

In other news - debated this on another forum, but I've come to the conclusion that the final duel was basically trivia - the real battle was the one in the Forbidden Forest, which Harry won by (not) dying.

Particularly if his theory about how by doing so he duplicated his mother's sacrifice extended to everyone at Hogwarts was anywhere near the truth. Against hundreds of Boys-and-Girls-who-were-going-to-live, Voldemort was already all but finished before Harry dueled him.

Maybe tomorrow she'll actually tell us who Draco married. That bothered me, and a lot of other people.

New names are good. Toyed with Lucario_X.

As for Pansy? yeah, it's a safe bet. She and Miilicent Bulstrode are the only feale Slytherins of note that we have on the table. No one else would really make sense to pair with Draco.

Did we even see either of those two in Book 7? I know we were following Harry. But, when they returned, I don't remember seeing the Slytherins except for Crabbe the "Trick Shot", Goyle and Draco.

LX

Pansy was last seen in the Great Hall, with the collective wands of Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw pointed in her direction after she tried to get Harry turned over to Voldemort.

LOL Oh yeah. I would have shat a brick. It's like having hundreds of firearms pointed at you. Sucked to be Pansy didn't it?

LX

There was a link to it on MSN Messenger yesterday.

As far as Pansy, somebody should have fired something off at her. Kinda like that old man on top of Helm's Deep who let go of his arrow. Imagine the massive brawl that would have ensued.

I'd have to say my favorite part of the book was when Harry and Voldie were prowling around each other like tigers, while Harry lectured him. xD Good stuff. Poor Voldemort. I felt bad, because I almost pitied him there. :p

I feel like such a twit. When Harry was marching to the forbidden forest, knowing he had to die, and he called all his dead friends and family to his side, I lost it. I was bawling my eyes out, which made it very hard to read, let me tell you. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom