• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Have You Reserved HeartGold/SoulSilver Yet?

Have/Will you reserve(d) a copy of HeartGold and/or SoulSilver (yet)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just so you know, as it sounds like there has been a bit of confusion, "first come first serve" means first to PREORDER, not first at the door, or so I have been told.

Well, I think they set up the figures so they have enough for preorders. Similarly, sometimes a store WILL say they are out of preorders and then push you out to claiming the NEXT shipment, it has happened to me a few times. As long as they told you that you have officially preordered it, you should be good. I asked them if they were still doing the figures when I preordered it and they confirmed that they would have enough figures for me to reserve one. When you reserved the game you also reserved the figure.

But, if it doesn't work out, Toys R Uses usually have the figures in stock near the front in the Clearance section afterward anyway, for anywhere from 5 to 10 cents depending on where you buy. I got 12 Giratinas for under two bucks and I never even bought Platinum =P Since they are a big store they always mass-order the figures, but since they aren't a game-only store they never get as many as they prepare for.

^
I think it is first to the door. It seems a little pointless to reserve a figure for early customers rather than first come... Also, at the Game Crazy near me, they once told me to come back in 2 days for the Giratina figures to come, so maybe the stores order more figure shipments if all customers don't get them at the time...

lol

Veggietable, did you reserve, or were you just waiting to buy them come the opening day?

I did reserve, but I did it only a few days ago, so it's natural that a lot of people reserved prior to me.

So I hope it's first at door.

@Jean-Luc: except that I live in Mexico and I didn't preorder it at TRU, but a Mexican retailer.

I'm hoping I have enough money to purchase it on the release date. I paid an early 5 dollar fee to game stop about a month ago, so they should be able to hold it for me if I'm unable to retrieve it on the release date.

I'm hoping I have enough money to purchase it on the release date. I paid an early 5 dollar fee to game stop about a month ago, so they should be able to hold it for me if I'm unable to retrieve it on the release date.

If Gamestop operates like EB Games (EB and Gamestop are basically the same company up in Canada, dunno about elsewhere), then they'll hold it for two days (generally the two days are the release date, and the day afterwards). If you don't pick it up within those days, they won't reserve a copy for you anymore, but if you bring your receipt in with you, they should credit you the $5 you paid towards a purchase of yours.

--

As for myself I've already preregistered HeartGold, but if it's possible, I'm going to preorder SoulSilver sometime this week as well, so that I can get both figures. Otherwise, I'll just normally buy SoulSilver at the same time I get my preordered HeartGold.

I pre ordered my copy of Pokemon HeartGold and the game is already all paid for in GameStop credit! So when this Sunday comes, my cousin and her husband are taking me to GameStop so I can pick it up. As for SoulSilver, that's going on my birthday list as my birthday is next month!

i hope that the gamestops give the figures to only preorder customers, if i dont get my ho-oh there will be blood xD, not really but i would be kind of upset.

i hope that the gamestops give the figures to only preorder customers, if i dont get my ho-oh there will be blood xD, not really but i would be kind of upset.

I agree. I pre-ordered SS from Target just so I could get my Lugia figurine. Though, I did do so a couple of days before they announced the figures in their ad, so I am hoping I still get it.

I agree. I pre-ordered SS from Target just so I could get my Lugia figurine. Though, I did do so a couple of days before they announced the figures in their ad, so I am hoping I still get it.

im pretty sure you will, i had done the same thing with gamestop, i just asked them if i would get the figure even though i had pre ordered a week before the date said on the website. they said i would get it because i still pre-ordered.

I did reserve, but I did it only a few days ago, so it's natural that a lot of people reserved prior to me.

So I hope it's first at door.

@Jean-Luc: except that I live in Mexico and I didn't preorder it at TRU, but a Mexican retailer.

I think you misunderstood. Although it still doesn't help you, I was talking about GameStop's policies but also saying you can buy extra figures cheap at TRU without preordering once the game is out. Best Buys also have the figures later, or so I have heard, so if you have those over there it's worth a try.

Reserved and Paid off. I had it Paid off on the day before Valentine's, and ive been waiting since!

5 DAYS, 4 HRS, AND 30 MINUTES LEFT! (Eastern Standard Time)

I di at Toys R Us. There's supposed to be giveaways and competitions there for like 3 hours. I don't think those batt;es will be very good...but yeah. I nearly accidntly pre-ordered Soulsilver.

Checked out my order on gamestop.com and what does it mean by backorder on the figure?

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom