• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hello everybody !!

FrenchWaterPsychic

Reaction score
Hi ! I'm 23, and I'm from Paris, France. I was 9 when I first played the French Release of Pokémon Blue. Then I got Pokémon Silver while my little brother had Pokémon Gold and we did trades between the three games. Then I got Pokémon Sapphire, while my little brother had Pokémon Ruby. I was a little disappointed, for obvious reasons (though the Region and the music are both great). One of my brother's friends had Pokemon FireRed, so I played a tiny bit of it.
During the following years, my brother was not interested in Pokémon anymore, and I stupidly lost my old games. I avoided Pokémon Diamond and Pearl from fear of being disappointed, but I finally bought Pokémon Platinum out of positive reviews and to play a Gen IV game. It was a good game, far superior to Gen III, though nothing like the shock of Gen II. I was lucky enough to find a Pokérus during the early game...

With Platinum, I made trades with my 11-year old girlie cousin who has Pokémon HeartGold. I didn't buy any of HG/SS because I didn't want to replace my old memories, but I played/watched some bit of it and they look really great ; I helped my cousin (who is even more of a casual player than I am ; after 250 hours of playtime, she had only seen about 300 Pokémon and caught 150 - while it took me noticeably less than 100 hours to do same in Platinum, without ever trading -, and has many multiple Com Mons of the same species for reasons I don't understand) catch Mewtwo, Suicune, and a handful of Gen III Pokémon thanks to the Hoenn Sound. She has a shiny Latias and Moltres. Unfortunately, I skipped Gen V almost entirely, because of a succession of really stupid reasons, except for a tiny bit of Pokémon White thanks to the aforementioned cousin (but I compensate a little by seeing some Let's Play and Playthroughs). They look like great games, and their graphics, combat, and story easily beat Gen IV hands down, but I still doubt they would replace the "shock" of Gen II, that still has a special place in my heart for particular reasons.

Anyway, my interest in Pokémon was revived with the announcement of Pokémon X and Y - and it was before I learnt the region will be based on France ! So I made an effort to keep up with the evolution of the games. Now, I would shamelessly define myself as a casual Pokémon player, that's mainly interested in the universe behind the games, and the creatures themselves, rather than by the competitive scene. Yeah, I'm interested in the future of Pokémon and I stay tuned !

Hi, welcome to BMGf :) Yes the XY region is based on France. That's neat. Its really nice to see them exploring more places for regions. Gen 2 is special to me as well. I started playing with those games and it got me into Pokemon. I played HGSS and it gave me a lot of nostalgia. I really liked exploring updated Johto. Im looking forward to X and Y and they seem like they will be good games.

If you need any help, feel free to ask any questions you might have. I hope you'll have a great time here.

Awww, it's amazing that you have such a history with Pokemon. Kind of like myself and lots of others here too, actually. :) I traded with a few of my friends as a kid and still have some of those Pokemon that I got ten years ago now, almost! Enjoy your stay here on BMGf.

Welcome! Your Pokemon backstory is a lot like mine. Might be because we are of similar age.

Welcome! Very nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy it here.

I'm new as well and alos in my twenties....26 to be exact. *sigh*

Well, hello there! Have fun on the forums! Isn't that a good feeling that a Pokemon game is based on your own country? ^^

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom