• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Hello hello!

Satoshi Da Ze

Reaction score
Hello hello everyone!
Satoshi Da Ze here! I've been looking for a community in which I could discuss the anime without people bugging me for prefering the japanese version or not using the localized names. From what I've seen in the review topics some people stick to the japanese names, so I'm assuming it's safe to use them here without being flamed, right?

I tried two other communities before this one and didn't feel very confortable in neither for reasons I don't want to talk about.

I watched some of the episodes during the time they aired in the brazilian TV. But I quickly lost interest.
Probably because back then I used to feel bothered by "childish" stuff. Also because I found some lines and references didn't make sense. Plus there was something else bugging me about the presentation of the anime or whatever...
Well, I'm not really sure how to explain what it is that really bothered me. I usually prefer brazilian dubbing in anime with very few exceptions. But with Pokémon the voices were just... kinda very annoying. And the character names sounded awkward to me. But yeah... I don't hate redubs, I just hate when they're made over the US version of an anime. And since the brazilian translators are lazy this has became a common trend with most anime since then...

Anyway... when I started watching the entire series from the start in its original format, I enjoyed it a lot more and decided to go all the way. It's still a child's anime, I have no problem with that. And with the majority of new anime being filled with unecessary yaoi/yuri/straight erotic fanservice, huge boobs and panties shots, harem upon harem upon harem filled with generic copy-paste cast of characters in a school setting I can appreciate having something more simple and lighthearted, but fun like Pokémon. On top of that, I do enjoy the battles (that don't involve Team Rocket...). In fact I prefer the good, the awesome and the nonsense strategies they pull on the anime over the logic in battles of the games themselves.

So far I'm finding each series better than previous. There's a lot of nostalgia in the original series, but I really really hated the pacing in that one... and I hated (still do) Kasumi with passion. I found Advanced Generation surprisingly better and I'm currently enjoying Diamond & Pearl a lot more. (Although I miss a character like Masato and specially Satoshi's Heigani)

With that said, unlike most of you I'm not up-to-date with the series. I also avoid reading about future episodes because I care a lot about spoilers. I didn't even get to DP 100 yet.

Thing is, I was looking forward to commenting/discussing about the series only up to where I watched. I couldn't find anything in the Episodes Preview/Review session about being allowed or not allowed to post in topics of old episodes there. Can I really post in a, say, DP 90ish topic without being punished for it?

Sorry for the long introduction. The anime is really infamous (and yeah I do know why, obviously) wherever I go so I could never find a place or someone to talk about it.
Sorry again if I offended anyone or did anything I wasn't supposed to.

Hi Satoshi Da Ze, welcome. Im sure no one will flame you for using Japanese Pokemon names, as there are people here that use them, so Im sure it will be fine :) As for your questions about discussing older episodes, Id suggest asking an Anime section moderator about where the correct place to discuss that is. They are listed at the bottom of the anime section where it says "Moderators of this forum" Im sure they could point you in the right direction. Im not really a fan of the anime myself, though Ive watched some of it and am considering watching the N arc when it is in the US.

If you need any help with anything, feel free to ask any questions you have. I hope you have a wonderful time here.

Welcome to the forums, Satoshi Da Ze! Don't worry about the Japanese names and stuff, if I recall correctly we have a system in place that automatically links the names to their Bulbapedia articles, so it's not really an issue. And I think there is a section involving older episodes (I'm not certain, I don't go around those parts of the forums often). As Aquanova said, ask a moderator if you need to! :3

With that all said, make sure you're familiar with the rules, have fun, and I'm sure you'll make some good friends here!

Hey there~! I hope you have an enjoyable time here at BMGf, and feel free to leave me a VM/PM if you want to talk or have any problems! x3

We have a very in-depth and large anime section on Bulbagarden; I'm sure you won't be disappointed. :3 I highly prefer the Japanese version too, actually... it's been years and I still can't get used to Ash's English voice. Hope you like Best Wishes as much as D&P when you finally get up to it!

Have a great stay here and see you around~

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom