• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Help creating a UU/+1 NU team

ThyWalkerman

ABOOGABOO
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have yet to battle (to much time breeding) but I really want to create a UU team. The Pokemon that I have in mind I'll list below.

Steelix
252 HP/252 Attack/4 Speed
Nature: Impish
Hold: Leftovers
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic
Strategy:Basically with this Steelix, I would set up Stealth Rock and Toxic. Obviously with his high Defense, he won't be so easy to take down. Earthquake is there to obviously my main STAB.

Primeape - NU I know, but I need him!
36 HP/252 Attack /220 Speed
Nature: Adamant
Hold: Choice Scarf
- U-turn
- Close Combat/Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Punishment
Strategy: I like Primeape because he's really fast, his U-turn is there to make a quick hit and get out of there. Ice punch to take care of any Dragon poke's and Punishment to :ahem: "punish" people trying to setup Calm Mind, Swords Dance, basically any stat enhancing move.

Venasaur
252 Attack/4 Defense/252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
Hold: Life Orb
- Power Whip
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
Strategy: Hell, I just like Venasuar haha, my favorite Pokemon, but I digress. Strategy here is to use Sleep Powder, Swords Dance like it's '75, and use Power Whip/Sludge Bomb as my attacks.

Arcanine
240 HP/168 Defense/28 Special Attack/72 Speed
Nature: Bold
Hold: Leftovers
- Flamethrower
- Will-O'-Wisp
- Dragon Pulse?
- Roar
Strategy: This one is a very specific build. I wanted him to be a Bulkanine. Will-O' Wisp and Intimidate play a large roll in this.

Alakazam
252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Nature:Timid
Hold: Light Clay
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Encore
- Psychic
Strategy: With Light Clay, and Alakazam's ridiculous speed. I was thinking of using him when my Steelix goes down, set up Reflect/Light Screen and possibly try to take down as many poke's as I can. If not I'd just switch him out to one of my reserves.

Aggron
Nature: Adamant
Hold: Choice Band
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
~ Head Smash
~ Aqua Tail
~ Low Kick
~ Thunder Punch
Strategy: I guess for this guy, he could be the "meat" of the team. Considering he's got super high defense and nice STAB attacks.

Now what I'm thinking is maybe adding an Alakazam? I was thinking about making him a Light Screen/Reflect kinda deal, but I'm not to sure. I would like my team to be very Defense heavy, But I'm thinking I need more hard hitting Pokemon as well.

Anything you guys can tell me?

Last edited:
Is this a complete team (because I only see 4 members)? Because if not, either add two members or I'll have to lock this thread and you'll have to post what you got here.

Anyways, it looks decent so far, but Sludge Bomb is a special move this gen so EQ or Return are better choices over it on Venusaur.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom