• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Help filling Pokedex

Steel Trainer

Reaction score
I need ways to fill the Hoenn dex in Emerald. I have about 115. I know I need other games, and I have Ruby. So I need to evolve, breed and fish for the most part. I am training a Wailmer Lv 39, so I can take the Wailord and Relicanth I will then own and bag three more dex data. Not to mention data for Wailord. I want to fill the 200 (I believe this shouldn't count Jirachi and Deoxys. If it does, I'm screwed.) so I can get a Cyndaquil from Birch. I grew up with Gold version and I ALWAYS used Typhlosion. I want to be reunited. I know one thing: Even if I use my Ruby/Emerald resources fully, I won't be able to get one in particular: Lunatone. So I'll need help from somebody.

Umm... no offense, but that doesn't really help. o.o; So, I need ways! Come on, people! Show me the ways!

Lunatone is only available in Sapphire. I don't know if the "complete Hoenn dex" entails obtaining Jirachi and Deoxys.

I don't know if the "complete Hoenn dex" entails obtaining Jirachi and Deoxys.

Most likely not, since you can't actually get them in-game without Nintendo's help. They never counted the "extras" toward completion in the previous versions either, if I remember right...

I find that quite annoying, (Lunatone). Having Ruby myself as well as FR and LG it would've been nice to be able to fill the 'dex with Emerald. Oh well..

And no Jirachi and Deoxys aren't counted towards the completion, and neither are Lugia, Ho-oh, Mew and Celebi, which is why 382 counts as completing the National Dex.

Perhaps if you were to be more specific I could help, I don't know what you have and haven't caught.

The ways are simple. Catch all Pokémon available in the wild, be unevolved or evolved forms. Catch the Mightyena in Route 121, the Golbat/Hariyama/Lairon/Loudred in Victory Road and such. That saves loads of work.

For catching Pokémon easily, you can do that:

-Raise a Male Zangoose until Level 55 so it learns False Swipe. Breed it with a Female Seedot. Hatch Eggs until you get a Male Seedot with False Swipe.

-Breed that Seedot with a Female Shroomish. Get a Shroomish with False Swipe.

-Now, the worst part: raise Shroomish until Level 54 (IT MUST NOT EVOLVE!) so it learns Spore. When that happens, you can evolve it.

There you go. You have the best Catcher in the game. That makes catching a big breeze. I recommend it's a Jolly Nature, and if possible, EV Train it with everything in ATK and Speed (Not needed, but recommended.). Most Pokémon will be catchable at Level 54. If you want to give a shot at Legendaries, you'll have to raise it to Levels 75-80 or higher.

If you still have the Master Ball, keep it for Latios/Latias (Depends on the color you told your mom. If you have Ruby, I SO hope you said "Red"... or you hopefully have access to Southern Island. Hopefully you didn't screw things here.). The other Legends are easily catchable via Timer Ball and Net Ball (For Kyogre.). Wailord and Relicanth will open way for the three Regis too.

For all the other Pokémon that evolve by Level and can't be found in the wild, transfer all of them from Ruby so they grow levels faster. Afterwards, just beat the Elite Four over and over until they evolve. The vast majority just take half a League, but some take an entire, or even more Leagues. Even so, it's very fast, believe it or not. You can try the more complicated way: make many Secret Bases and mix records, but it's not recommended... but well. If you really wanna make it fast, use the Exp. Share trick (Have a Pokémon with Exp. Share attached in the lead. When the battle starts, switch it with a stronger Pokémon and beat the opponent. Do that with all of the opponent's Pokémon. This way, the Pokémon with Exp. Share gets 3/4 of the total experience, not just 1/2.).

Other "hard Pokémon" include Crobat, Kingdra, Huntail, Gorebyss and of course, Feebas/Milotic. Crobat is fairly easy: give your Golbat as many Vitamins as it can get, and give it a Rare Candy. It's sure to evolve.

Kingdra is not much of a problem. Getting the Dragon Scale is, especially if you lack FireRed/LeafGreen. Just have a Pokémon with the Compund Eyes Ability (Nincada works.) in the lead, and another with Covet/Thief (Covet is HIGHLY preferred.) in another position. Now you can either go to the bottommost part of Metor Falls (Where Bagon appears.) or fish Horsea in Routes 132, 133 and 134. The former is MUCH preferred and easier IMO. Use Covet/Thief on all Bagons/Horseas you see, and you'll eventually get the Dragon Scale... it takes some time, though.

Huntail and Gorebyss are kind of easier, but you'll need two different Items that you get ONLY once in the game. When you give the Scanner to Captain Stern, he'll give you either the Deep Sea Tooth or the Deep Sea Scale. Attach the Tooth to Clamper and trade it to get Huntail; attach the Scale to Clamperl and trade it to get Gorebyss. Again, if you haven't found the Scanner (It's in the Abandoned Ship, Route 108.), you're safe. However, if you have given it to Stern already, and you have chosen the same Item, you're screwed... you'll have to restart either Version for the other one. I wish you have chosen the two in one version and the other.

Feebas... the biggest pain in the butt of a Pokémon ever made. If you're on your own and don't have one handy for breeding, I can just tell you how to do it from zero. That's what I did to find Feebas fairly fast:

-Make a map of ALL water tiles in Route 119. Do it in a cuadricula notebook (5 mm.). Not needed if you have a superb sense of direction and outstanding memory.

-Use the Old Rod for fishing. The button tapping is MUCH shorter.

-Fish in one tile from 3 to 4 times. If you don't find Feebas in those 3/4 tries, mark that tile in yout "tile map" with a "X". The look in another tile. This way, you won't get confused and won't fish in the same tile (That's what the map is for.).

-Hope for some luck of finding Feebas. When you get one, get the heck out of there and vow to NEVER fish there while you're alive... wait, that's what I did. :p If you REALLY want to, fish as many Feebas as needed be in the same spot...

That's about it. I know you can do it fast with those tips, or at least I hope so. Good luck! :)

I dunno if this will help, but this is what I did on my Silver file. I had a friend with Gold version so it made my life easier; so I suggest you find someone who has Sapphire.

Anyway, after completing the gym challenges and the elite four I began catching pokemon that I didn't bother to catch earlier in the game. I went according to the Pokedex, so I first caught a Pidgey, then proceeded to cathing Ekans, and so on until I had caught eveysingle pokemon available by catching. By this time my Pokedex was nearly complete.

The next step was evolving all the pokemon that couldn't be caught in the wild. I placed two pokemon at a time in the daycare and made my way back to Victory Road and Mt. Silver and trained until the pokemon evolved. I continued this process until I had finally got every single pokemon available in the Silver version.

The last step [and the most exhausting one] was trading. My friend who had gold traded me all the pokemon that are available in Gold that aren't available in Silver, thus almost completing my Pokedex. Luckily my friend had red and blue versions as well. She had to restart a couple of times, but in less than a week all the pokemon I needed to trade were in her Blue file waiting to be traded. After I got all the legendaries, fossils, and starters I trained them up a bit and had a complete pokedex [except Mew].

Now luckily for me, I could clone pokemon and items as much as I wanted. This made the whole Eeveelution process a lot faster [not to mention evolving Tyrouge].

Only thing different about Ruby is that there a lot more pokemon to catch, but if you follow this kind of process the work load is cut down by a bit, seeing as it is fairly orginized. Hope this helped.

Ahh.

How do i make my machoke evolve into a machamp? do i need a special stone? because it says that the moon stone has no effect on it... i really dont know what to do...

Unregistered said:
How do i make my machoke evolve into a machamp? do i need a special stone? because it says that the moon stone has no effect on it... i really dont know what to do...
I belive you just trade and it should evolve, no questions asked.

It has alredy been answered:
Orion said:
Feebas... the biggest pain in the butt of a Pokémon ever made. If you're on your own and don't have one handy for breeding, I can just tell you how to do it from zero. That's what I did to find Feebas fairly fast:

-Make a map of ALL water tiles in Route 119. Do it in a cuadricula notebook (5 mm.). Not needed if you have a superb sense of direction and outstanding memory.

-Use the Old Rod for fishing. The button tapping is MUCH shorter.

-Fish in one tile from 3 to 4 times. If you don't find Feebas in those 3/4 tries, mark that tile in yout "tile map" with a "X". The look in another tile. This way, you won't get confused and won't fish in the same tile (That's what the map is for.).

-Hope for some luck of finding Feebas. When you get one, get the heck out of there and vow to NEVER fish there while you're alive... wait, that's what I did. :p If you REALLY want to, fish as many Feebas as needed be in the same spot...

you can get febaas at the mimic circle take a left-up-under the bridge on the left bottom shadow P.S good luck febaas is at level 22-26

Feebas isn't that much stratagey. They're in different places on most carts. I think it depends on your popular phrase in Dewford but I'm not totally sure. If you want to find one just fish with the Old rod somewhere on route um 119 right on each tile 3-5 times. Use the Old rod since it takes the least amount of pulls and it's at a lower level and very easy to catch. They're always stay in the same tile (one of 6) unless you change the phrase. Just catch alot so you have alot of chances at Milotic. It took me a few hours to find one.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom