• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Help getting episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

effekt

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as to where i can get pokemon episodes, starting with season 1. I have tried tor rents but i never get good speeds with them, youtube/google video and all those sites have limited episodes.

So if anyone knows of a site where i can watch all episodes or where i can download all episodes(not a tor rent) then could you help me out by replying to this thread or sending me a pm

Cheers,
Effekt

Hmm......

I can't think of any sites where you can download Pokemon episodes.

However, if you know how to work Mirc, you can download Pokemon episodes using that program (go to the server: irc.pocketmonsters.net ; and the channel is: [HASHTAG]#pocketmonsters[/HASHTAG]). If you're looking for dubbed Pokemon episodes, you can find them there.

With IRC, it might seem confusing at first, but once you learn the commands it's not that hard.

what are the irc speed like and also the commands, are they just !list and then the /ctcp command?

Well, the irc speed for when you're downloading an episode from someone (I think it's called DCC send), it varies depending on what you're download speed is and what the other person's upload speed is.

For me, that's usually around 30-40 kb/s.

Though, like I said, the download speed varies for everyone, depending on your internet connection (and whoever your downloading episodes from).

And yes, in the main channel it's pretty much just those two commands, !list and /ctcp.

Though, if you're a voiced user (meaning you're running an fserve) you can also use the @find command to look for certain episodes. Don't do it if you're not voiced though, because you'll get banned.

And by the way, once you get onto someone's fileserver, you can use the command, dir, to show you a list of that person's directory. Then, you just type the name of whatever directory you want (for example, for seasone episodes, you would probably type: season one). Then, once you're inside the proper directory with the episodes you want, type the word "get". And then right beside get, you type the filename of the episode you want (the file name ends in .avi, NOT the file size). Then the episode should send to you. :)

Oh, and you can download more than episode as well. You do the exact same thing (get, and filename) for each episode that you want.

The only thing is, if you're on a particular server and people are already downloading from that person, you might need to wait a while for your episodes to start downloading (so if you want to check someone's queue list, just type - queues - when you're on someone's fileserver, you can also type - sends - to check their sends as well).

For me, mIRC was always a big turnoff, because it was so slow. >_<

But it seems to be the only reasonable option.

For me, mIRC was always a big turnoff, because it was so slow. >_<

But it seems to be the only reasonable option.

It's only slow if you have a crap download speed and the person you're downloading from has a crap upload speed.

Bots are the best for downloading from really, they're generally hosted in places like Asia where speeds are faaaaaaaaaaaaar higher than they are in the West. A good bot, I can download from at full d/l speed capacity, which for me right now is about 240kb/s.

ABC is the client I use and it's fairly fast and easy to use. Though I've never used it to download Pokemon episodes.

You can try to use a program called eMule to get some. The downside however is that you need to confiure your router to allow eMule's ports to pass through. I acually got a few good programs and games that i couldn't get by other methods.

You can try to use a program called eMule to get some. The downside however is that you need to confiure your router to allow eMule's ports to pass through. I acually got a few good programs and games that i couldn't get by other methods.
i got this and when i connect to a server i get "You have a lowid. Please review your network config and/or your settings.
"
Maybe if you know how to solve this i could get u to pm me or something?

it sucks, because i found around 10 english episodes on youtube from AG and I forgot what i typed in the search, but now I can't find a single one! maybe they were set to private or deleted...hm....

Honestly, mIRC was the place to get anime back in the day but they suck. Go to www.torrent-finder.com and a lot of torrent sites will be there, just type Pokemon Season and the first site it should take you should be isohunt, that's where I get my dub episodes and the speed is amazing, season 5 and 6 are almost done for me and I have been dling them for only 2 weeks and thats not keeping my bittorrent client on all the time and to me that's really fast. That's all the help I can give you sorry if I wasn't good enough.

i got this and when i connect to a server i get "You have a lowid. Please review your network config and/or your settings.
"
Maybe if you know how to solve this i could get u to pm me or something?

I know when I was on DSL, I had to configure the router's firewall settings so that it would not block ports 4662, 4672, and 4711, both TCP and UCP. Now that we have cable, I had to get a new router, and configuring its firewall settings is too difficult. Also, hardware firewalls don't allow these ports to pass through either, though I don't know how to configure a hardware firewall.

Even with a low ID, files should be able to start downloading eventually assuming sharers can connect to your server line.

Also, ask the people at the emule chat/forums. They might be able to help you.

I'm using the exact same program here. Like I said, very easy to use. Just plug in the torrent and watch it go. mIRC is a pain the ass imo. I could never get it to work.

I never had a problem with mIRC but then the good anime channels were shut down and what is left completely sucks balls so whatever, but yea ABC is very easy to use, my season 4 and 5 just got done dling but season 4 has some errors I will have to look into.

I've been trying to connect to irc.pocketmonsters.net but I keep getting the message "* Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)"

Can anyone help me out?

well i decided the only effective way for me would be a torrent so ive decided to use that, it seems that i only get 15-25kbps wen i have it on, but i figure tht may be because i have it on during the day here(australia) which is night in usa, so hopefully ill get an increase of speed if i left it on at night

effekt, if you're trying to get the dubbed episodes, not copies of raw episodes, then Australians like us have the option of buying the DVD wallet sets, which include a whole season of the anime each. Fairly cheap too, from what I remember. $60 each or something.

Before I cut this conversation short, I'd also like to mention that everyone should not be downloading Pokémon anime in English, when it's already readily available to you locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom