• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Help Please Help

Shmew

Shmew I tell you SHMEW!
Reaction score
The oekaki board has gone out of hand Please help me protect it ADMINS anybody.....

This incident is now over....but it will happen again please help us! Make more admins or make me an admin or moderator for the oekaki site so this doesn't happen any more please!

*BEGS*

Actually, it is a bit of a serious problem. Just, uh. Poorly-worded. ._.

Apparently, the oekaki was visited by folks who were probably /b/tards trying to be Cool On The Internetz -- that is, posting floods of inappropriate images, and so on.

And, since we only have one admin who is actually active (out of five, total), they were pretty much running unchecked for the better part of the day.

So yeah.

And I mean no offense to Kasumi, who has honestly been doing an amazing job at keeping everything running smoothly in the couple of years the oekaki's been around, but it seems that we could really use either new moderators, or for the rest of the mods that are already there to log in more than once a month. =/

For the record....I'm obviously an admin there, but I'm no artist, which is why I generally don't do much admin work there. Obviously, I am right now, as this is a *huge* cleanup.

More moderators would certainly help things (and I've just promoted SailorClef there to help us out on this incident in particular), but we also need to get a range of people on at different times of the day, if we're going to permanently solve this issue (amazing we still have so much spam when we've dropped back in google rank for a search on "Oekaki"). And for that matter, preferably multiple people on in each timezone as well, so we don't have another situation like what Kasumi has had to deal with for these past few months, with no one to support them when something bad happens.

Part of the issue here, sadly, is that there is no actual mass-delete function on Oekaki. We have to delete every single picture thread manually.

I guess we should thank our lucky stars that the same thing didn't happen to the forums as well.

Well, that's kind of the point. It does, and on a fairly regular basis, but the average user here won't notice a thing, because our mods can deal with the situation very quickly (our normal moderators can ban here, they don't need an admin to do it). On the Oekaki, Kasumi's pretty much been doing it solo for a while now.

Oh, I'm not saying anything negative about the mods currently there, either. After all, everyone has a life outside of their internet-ly duties, so they probably have their own reasons for not stopping in too often.

Truthfully, it seems like most of the time we don't really *need* that much supervision -- it's just times like that when we realize "osnap, this is bad". XD;

Anyway! I'd just like to say thanks for doing all that cleanup work, and doing it so promptly. :D I'm sure I speak for most of the oekaki... ers (oekakiites?) when I say that it's much appreciated. ♥

Nice you do a fast job but they keep coming back....maybe we should monitor you can and can not sign up....just saying

Last edited:
Hmm. Maybe this might be why I can't log in. I've been trying all day today and yesterday to log into the oekaki, but it won't let me.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom