• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Help with GIMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Staraptor

needs a new avatar
Reaction score
So I have GIMP Portable. It's really complicated for me, so I just mess around with it to see if I can do anything. But most of my stuff ends up like crap, and I want to know how to use it to make great pics like this:

siggy3.png

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

protip: layers

it really is that simple dude - learn how to use the layers & the world is your oyster! (well, in GIMPshop anyway... is GIMP portable extremely different to GIMPshop?)

As Silburke said; layers are important. And you need to be able to draw well with the mouse, too (Not my strong suit xD). Otherwise, you can use official art for renders and such, but it won't be the same. Artistic drawing ability is the most important part.

Hey, look, it's my example sig! :D

I used Paint.NET for it, actually. I hate GIMP. *shot*

Be share to use blurs and shading/lighting too. That's key to great art.

I don't know much about GIMP Portable, but if it's anything like GIMP 2, you're gonna need layers.

Well I downloaded GIMP 2 last night and made this image:
picture.php

It's a pretty simple banner, I know, but thanks anyway for all the help guys XD

Might want to try again, this time by typing in the text with a text box, pressing "Select by Colour", and stroking the resulting selection with that diagonal brush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom