• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ho-oh

Sammagher

Reaction score
Whats up with ho-oh following ash and then ash following h0-oh? is ash special or something...?

Duh. He's Ho-Oh's son. :awww:

Or so I belive. Some people think it could Gio, Silver from Hoso (but I have my own theory about him) Brandon, ect.

Yeah. If we're still around to get there.

Honestly, it's the only legendary to hide in the dark for over 500 episodes, 3 episodes it actually appears in.

Personally, I think the fact that Ho-oh appears to Ash, and only him, is very significant to the series.

I mean, this has to mean that Ash is destined to become a Pokemon Master!!!! :)

What theory?

Call me crazy, but I think he's baby Lugia in disguise.

1) They are both named Silver.
2) They both appeared in an Episode that involved Ritchie, Burntout and Cassidy.
3) Why else would he want to battle with Moltres? To prove that he could master the legendary birds!

Last edited:
He'll fight some 3vil dood alongside Ho-Oh and Suicune in a 5 episode mini-arc.

Call me crazy, but I think he's baby Lugia in disguise.

1) They are both named Silver.
2) They both appeared in an Episode that involved Ritchie, Burntout and Cassidy.
3) Why else would he want to battle with Moltres? To prove that he could master the legendary birds!

...okay...

Why'd they have to ask.

Anyway, yeah, I don't think Ho-oh occasional stalking of Ash (which can just be counted on one hand out of the hundreds of episodes so far) is a big deal. But if there's a reason, my guesses are: 1.) it's random 2.) Ash is somehow special (not in the way I usually use it in referring to him); that's obvious because he gets to save crap and frolic with legendary pokemon. 3.) Ho-oh likes to mess with peoples' heads.

If it's #2, there are still two possibilities:

Ash is the only one who has an important world-saving-thing going on. Like either he just happens to wind up where hell's going to break loose, or else there's some divine giant plot driving the world that makes hell follow him, while the rest of the world is made up of mindless slaves and pawns that live in the fruitless hope that they, too, can have dreams and goals fulfilled, but are only there to help him or test his faithfulness to THE ALMIGHTY CAN I GET AN "AMEN"?!

Or else he's just slightly-special and Ho-oh pops up to other ten-year-old crackbabies.

But more than likely it really just doesn't matter and it was just really cool that we got to see a shiny, glowy, golden, rainbowy MYSTERY POKEMON on the first episode.

It was said in For Ho-Oh The Bells Toll that Ho-Oh will not appear until the hearts of humans and Pokemon are one again. So, yeah, he is something special.

Morty's a stoner and Eusine's a jackass abuser though. Or so that episode seemed to indicate.

Either way, I wonder if there's any legends about Brandon, given that he managed to capture three legendaries with seeming ease.

I think Ash is the only person that would like to sacrifice himself for his Pokémon like in the first ep in the world!

Good point, Blackjack. ^^

So no, Ash isn't the only trainer who has that willing-to-sacrifice-themselves thing going on with them. XD

Actually, I believe Ash is an incredibly brave and kind person. So therefore, he tends to save people and Pokemon from danger, whenever he's given the opportunity to do so. (Ooh, I wonder if the writers could be trying to make Ash an Aura Guardian, given the fact that Aura Guardians seem to "save" and "protect" people and Pokemon from danger quite often. Though, that's a theory for another thread entirely....) XD

It was said in For Ho-Oh The Bells Toll that Ho-Oh will not appear until the hearts of humans and Pokemon are one again. So, yeah, he is something special.
Yeah, that sounds good to me. Unlike many humans in the Pokemon world, Ash has a very pure heart. He is incredibly close with his Pokemon, and I'm certain that Ash shares a one-of-a-kind relationship with his Pikachu. Not only this, but Ash has also shown that he cares a lot about ALL Pokemon in general.

Anyway, I suspect that Ho-oh has "chosen" Ash, to be the human guardian of all Pokemon. Ho-oh thinks Ash could be the first/only human capable of representing the "pure hearts" relationship. The very relationship which Ho-oh wishes all humans and Pokemon to share. You see, Ho-oh wants the rest of the world to follow the example of the relationships Ash has with his own Pokemon and with all Pokemon in general. Because Ho-oh's been looking for someone with this type of relationship for centuries, and with Ash, Ho-oh has finally found someone with a pure heart.

So yeah, this theory would explain why Ho-oh keeps appearing to Ash. Of course, maybe he won't be put in that position, until the day he becomes a Pokemon Master (I'm positive the writers will have that happen).

Of course, maybe the writers haven't told us about Ash's connection to Ho-oh yet, because they're saving that for the final storyline or something.

Last edited:
Or they don't know why they keep putting Ho-oh in. Maybe they are just fucking with our heads.

He's such a simple character at this point because we know him through-and-through now. We can cut back on the essays worshipping him. Especially since we've seen over and over, either with the main characters or characters-of-the-day that Ash sure as heck ISN'T the only person in the pokemon world that goes action-hero to save Pokemon. There have been plenty.

Does it really, really strike people that Ash is seriously like a "chosen" hero messiah? (Besides Revelation Lugia, though Ash very obviously wasn't able to do it on his own- heck, he couldn't get started without a boat, and he sure didn't make one.) I don't think Ash is that special. Ash is a good guy and besides being brave, he's also dumb and impulsive, so he does the 'throw caution to the wind and not even think of hoping for the best' hero. He's not the only good-brave-and/or-throw-caution-to-the-wind character in the show. We've seen characters throw themselves into situations that would pretty much mean their death if it wasn't for luck or getting helped.

Don't get me wrong, I think Ash is awesome, but he's only that awesome because he's got a ton of flaws and he isn't perfect. Heck, most of the time back in Kanto and sometime through Johto he was a complete asshole (Ashole? *bricked*), though more due to having been immature. He's not the picture of maturity, granted, but he's not beating up scared kids (Sammy in the fourth movie, though that was just hilarious because...well it was ASH who was beating up a scared kid), completely ignoring people who just saved or helped his ass (him and Team Rocket in some cases), jumping into fights, etc, anymore.

I still say that it was just a neat little thing to have some mysterious shiny golden rare unknown pokemon to pop up to Ash to either hook us or just for the hell of it.

^^yeah!

To be honest... I wonder how much the writers remember...(though I guess they did because of Mespirit and Dawn, but) Especially by the end of the series, they may end up forgetting about ho-oh in the first place. Anyways, the only real reason why I think Ho-oh "visited" Ash in the first episode is because they are referencing something from Japanese Culture. Like the Amaterasu legend.

Especially by the end of the series, they may end up forgetting about ho-oh in the first place.

Why would they forget about Ho-oh when we JUST saw Ho-oh again in Battle Frontier?

You act as if the writers don't constantly bring up Ho-oh at the end of every region. We saw Ho-oh at the very end of Johto and again at the very end of AG.

Ho-oh is not the GS ball. The GS ball was forgotten because the Johto writers were morons, Ho-oh on the other hand is constantly brought up every end of a region.

I don't think the GS Ball was forgotten completely, and with the GS remakes coming, there's a possibility they'll bring it back. But even if they don't, I still think the GS Ball will reappear by the end of the series.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom