• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Holiday Hi-Jynx on Boomerang

Reaction score
I was browsing my Boomerang guide on the TV, and was seeing which Pokemon re-run episodes were coming on soon. But then something caught my eye:

On the 20th this month, they are showing Holiday Hi-Jynx. This is interesting, because according to my research and Bulbapedia this episode has not appeared on normal television since it was first aired, because of the controversy of Jynx's appearance. (Also note that Boomerang belongs to Cartoon Network).

Very interesting indeed.

That's pretty cool. I didnt' think they still aired episodes that are over a decade old

Boomerang reruns the older eps but for some reason they always start with The
problem with paras, and never start at the beginning of season 1.

Boomerang reruns the older eps but for some reason they always start with The
problem with paras, and never start at the beginning of season 1.

It's not about that, it's about how this episode hasn't aired in years.

Anyways, how interesting. Too bad I have no Boomerang.

Well, it is just another episode. It got on DVD.

Even if they had to recolor the Jynx purple (which I doubt is what happens), why wouldn't it appear on TV too?

Might we finally get to see a dubbed version of The Ice Cave seeing that Holiday Hi-Jynx gets aired? I don't see why they couldn't just re-colour Jynx purple in The Ice Cave like in future episodes instead of banning it entirely.

Huh, interesting. Can't say I'm thrilled since I've already seen the ep. But that's unexpected of them to air a banned ep. Too bad they didn't air the dubbed Beauty & the Beach ep... which is strange they didn't air that since they're airing this.

Might we finally get to see a dubbed version of The Ice Cave seeing that Holiday Hi-Jynx gets aired? I don't see why they couldn't just re-colour Jynx purple in The Ice Cave like in future episodes instead of banning it entirely.

Because it's easier for 4Kids to ban it rather than spend the money to recolor. And it's pointless to dub it now.

Anyway, it's nice Holiday Hi-Jynx will finally air again.

The ban did not extend to the UK - I remember Sky One re-running this one quite a few times back in the day. To be honest, this was always one of my least favourite episodes, of the original series (I've never been too fond of Jynx as a pokemon and I'm a total Scrooge when it comes to the holiday season, so naturally I'm a tad biased, but narratively I found this one a bit of a mess - the whole deal with Jessie and Santa was rather glibly explained and frankly made little sense, in relation to everything else). But to those seeing it for the first time in about forever, I hope you'll get some enjoyment from it.

The ban did not extend to the UK - I remember Sky One re-running this one quite a few times back in the day. To be honest, this was always one of my least favourite episodes, of the original series (I've never been too fond of Jynx as a pokemon and I'm a total Scrooge when it comes to the holiday season, so naturally I'm a tad biased, but narratively I found this one a bit of a mess - the whole deal with Jessie and Santa was rather glibly explained and frankly made little sense, in relation to everything else). But to those seeing it for the first time in forever, I hope you'll get some enjoyment from it.

It wasn't banned in Australia either. It was repeated alot back in the days. Plus it's been released now multiple times on DVD.

Also it's on Pokemon.com's listing as a normal episode for years unlike the other banned episodes........

To be quite honest it's the first time I even heard of it being banned at one point in a country. Glad people get to see it.

It's not my most favourite episode either though.^-^;;;;;;;;

Last edited:
Why is this news? The episode's aired dozens of times since its premier in the U.S. and was included in the DVD box sets.

Now if they aired "Beauty and the Beach"...now that would be something worth talking about.

I wasn't aware that episode was ever banned, what's the story?
I don't remember having it aired frequently. Maybe Boomerang will air it frequently in chronological order. :) BTW, is Pokémon the only anime Boomerang airs?

If this is true, then it's good that the stigma of over a decade can be forgotten so this can be seen again. As for the other banned eps, in the case of Electric Soldier Porygon, since the Japanese themselves want to forget it exists, I highly doubt that anyone will ever see it again, even though supposedly there is a dub of it. (assuming 4kids did not destroy it) If they still have the Legend of Dratini in their archives, they might show it, I dunno. Beauty and the Beach is also iffy. All other banned eps, as far as I know, were never dubbed, so I don't think we will ever see them.

Again, they weren't dubbed in the original run, so I don't think we'll see them either.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom