• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Holiday Mafia 2017: Endgame: The Ghosts of Kwanzaas Past 15/1/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm confident in a pika lynch right now.

[Vote] pika_pika42

I outlined my thoughts on him in my last post, the vote is a follow through on them.

I outlined my thoughts on him in my last post, the vote is a follow through on them.
This?

@Midorikawa Elie's town. I trusted him for the most part after D1 after he switched his vote off of , and then Elementar cleared him with his cop check. Not sure why you're asking me about him, though. Are you trying to throw shade on him for some reason?

Also, you voted for me prior to my vote on Max. So that's not why you voted me. This smells fishy to me, and that coupled with my previous suspicions makes me really think she's scum now.

As for Pika's vote on Max, it's worth noting that pika basically copied my reasoning for voting him:

Pika softly defending Mido here also seems like they might be scummates.

I think either of these two are good lynches, but Pika stands out more to me with the vote on Max.

It tells us virtually nothing new. It feels to me like you're just repeating what others have said.

Night 4: Going for a Spin

Final Votals:
Pika_Pika42: IV (Elieson, AussieEevee, Midorikawa, jdthebud)
Midorikawa: I (MegaPod)

Night 4: Going for a Spin

As ME put the finishing touches on his Millennium Falcon,
The Holiday Heroes continued to do themselves in.
Another hero was lynched in a horrible misunderstanding.
And now town finds itself in for a very harsh crash landing.

Pika_Pika42 had voted at the very end of the previous day.
But, alas, this was not alignment indicative, despite what some say.
The Scoundrels still have yet to suffer any losses at all.
And now, as a result, the heroes are most likely to fall.

Dear Pika_Pika42,
466px-Dreidel_001.jpg

I have a little dreidel. I made it out of clay, and when it's dry and ready, oh dreidel I shall play.
You are the dreidel, a four sided top that Jews play with on Chanukah.

The origins of the dreidel are unclear, but one opinion states that during the story of Queen Esther in the Persian Empire, the Prime Minister, Haman, used lots that were similar to the dreidel to determine when to kill the Jews. Its connection to the story of Chanukah, however, is that, according to Jewish traditions, those Jews who refused to obey King Antiochus's decrees and continued to study Torah used the dreidel as a ruse. Whenever they saw Seleucid soldiers approaching, they would hide their Torah scrolls and pull out their dreidels, pretending to be playing a game.
In modern times, the dreidels all have four sides, each adorned with a Hebrew letter. Outside of Israel, the letters are נ, ג, ה, ש, which stand for נס גדול היה שם. This translates to "a great miracle happened there," which alludes to the miracle of the oil that occurred during the story of Chanukah. In Israel, there is one difference. The letters instead are נ, ג, ה, פ, which stand for נס גדול היה פה. This translates to "a great miracle happened here," because Israel was the country that the story of Chanukah happened in.
To play the game, each player puts five pennies into the pot. They each take turns spinning the dreidel.
If the dreidel lands on ג, they collect the whole pot. If the dreidel lands on ה, they collect half the pot. If the dreidel lands on נ, nothing happens. Lastly, if the dreidel lands on ש/פ, the player puts three more pennies into the pot.
Due to the luck based nature of the game, you are the town's Topsy Turvy Roulette. Each night, you may PM the hosts: Spin and target <player>.
The possible outcomes for this are:
ג: you will perform a Cop check on that player.
ה: you will protect that player.
נ: you will visit that player.
ש/פ: you will roleblock that player.
Each outcome has a 25% chance of happening each night, and the same outcome can occur multiple times.
You are allied with the Holiday Heroes, and you win when all hostile factions have been eliminated.

The dreidel now fell, and it landed on death.
Since now, town was on its very last breath.
This phase could be the end of this game.
And Town would lose with a lot of shame.

It is now Night 4. Phase ends in 24 hours at 12:00am U.S. Central Standard Time on 1/1/18. Phase may be extended due to New Years.

Day 5: Happy New Year

Day 5: Happy New Year!

Though it seemed like the heroes were at death's door,
It would seem as though this would at least be a longer war.
A miracle occurred, and during the night not one person died.
And so this little game continues throughout the yuletide.

The year is now over, and it is time to begin searching anew.
Hopefully this reprieve will help the heroes stop feeling so blue.
And now, if you'll excuse ME, I must get back to celebrating.
Have fun finding the scoundrels and enjoy all of the debating.

It is now Day 5. You know the drill by now. Happy New Year!

Last edited:
8 players alive in a 14 player game, with 6 dead townies.

This must automatically mean that there's 3 or less mafia since 4 would mean instant parity and game would be over already (and town's been pretty horrendous thus far).

Question: Did anyone else get told that they had to do something with their night action?

@Elieson I wasn’t told that I had to but I did receive a question saying the captain said or something like that. And I had to choose yes or no.

On another note my action is apparently frozen until night 5 so I’ll just come out so people stop wasting time on me.

I’m the tracker. I didn’t use my action n1 because I wasn’t on. N2 I was asked to use it on light. N3 I used it on jd. And last night I used it in cheff. I’m not going to put the results of the first two because mafia doesn’t need to know if they have active roles. On cheff however I got nothing probably because I got frozen.

[U]@Elieson[/U] I wasn’t told that I had to but I did receive a question saying the captain said or something like that. And I had to choose yes or no.

On another note my action is apparently frozen until night 5 so I’ll just come out so people stop wasting time on me.

I’m the tracker. I didn’t use my action n1 because I wasn’t on. N2 I was asked to use it on light. N3 I used it on jd. And last night I used it in cheff. I’m not going to put the results of the first two because mafia doesn’t need to know if they have active roles. On cheff however I got nothing probably because I got frozen.

Interesting.

I happen to be the Captain, and have the ability to give orders out to factional roles, as long as I happen to properly name the alignment & role itself. N2, I submitted a command to have the mafia-aligned tracker target The Light. Guess it worked.

##Vote Midorikawa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom