• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How Are You With Japanese?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know only a few words and phrases that I picked up from watching anime and listening to J pop.

From watching animes and listening to Japanese music, I learned a few words xD

This is how I learned some Japanese (click on the image to see full size)

Last edited:
I'm taking my first ever Japanese class next semester.

Kind of nervous for two reasons. First, I hope I don't end up falling into the trap of being one of those anime dudes who brag about their knowledge simply because they watched some subbed anime. I don't even watch anime that much anymore, but I feel kind of dirty taking a Japanese class since I feel like I might subconsciously be doing it for the wrong reasons. Second, I'm worried I won't be able to memorize the characters. Hell, I can barely remember simple katakana.

Oh well, I guess it can't hurt to try though.

I know Japanese pretty good...

But not enough to fansub anime.
:-(

Not good.But I hope I get better with it soon.

I can count to five, say hello and goodbye, and construct the sentence "Dawn's Piplup is cute".

And that just about sums it up. And I'm terrible with kana.

I can convert kana to romaji and vice versa most of the time. I also recognize a small fraction of grade 1 kanji (that is, I can read them, but not write). And I know a small collection of assorted words. That's about all :p Would love to learn more, though.

I know Hiragana and Katakana (although, at times, some characters my slip my mind [for Katakana]), a little bit of Kanji (very beginner), basic, beginner grammar, and that's about it. Listening skill, though = horrible. I'm not good at writing Kanji either since I keep forgetting writing directions.

At one point, I'd say I was between JLPT 3 and 4...but since I've put off studying it, I'm probably back on JLPT lvl 4, but hopefully, my level will improve since I'm heading over to Japan soon.

Hello
I'm new to the forums and I am Japanese. I can read write speak and understand Japanese. And kannji I can mostly understand.
ありがとうございます
(Thank You)

I've been studying the Japanese language for almost 4 years now.

I currently working on my kanji, learning the on and kun reading.

I'm still working on my sentence structures and phrases. :)

The problem with Japanese is it just keeps on expanding especially the kanji, I've just finished Grade 6 and have graduated to Secondary 中学校 (literally, middle school). And please bare with my spelling, it can sometimes be horrid.

Ryu.A

Aside from a few seprate words and the honorrifics, I have no idea how to speak it.

English, Deutch, Руский- I can deal with them. But Japanease- I dobut I could crack this nut. xD

I know one word in Japanese
Zoey Japanese ノゾミ Nozomi :)

Zoey Japanese ノゾミ Nozomi :)

English: Zoey
Japanese: ノゾミ
English Japaneses Translate: Nozomi

30u8qdj.png

(Image Used for a Reason)

Yuck, my Japanese sucks xDU. I learnt it watching a lot of anime but it sucks anyway =( I know the REALLY basic grammar, the pronuntiation, a few words, a few expressions, all the honorifics and a little bit of katakana and hiragana :( Same is nothing =( (Oh hell but I can speak english with Japanese pronuntiation xDU). I would like to improve my japanese :3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom