• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How Are You With Japanese?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to learn, but I can't seem to find a good program... Picked up a few words from watching subbed anime, though. Like:
Nissa/Niisa/Nisaa: Brother
Neko: Cat
Wo: A/An
I used to know the phrase "What's wrong/What's up/What's going on/Etc.", But I forgot -_-'

I use conversational Japanese every day. I have definitely improved from when I was living in Australia. I've been living in Japan for about two years now and I think I have gone from about 4kyu level to pre 2kyu level (I haven't taken a JLPT yet)
Reading still gives me a hard time, personally I think it's the hardest of the four (reading, writing, listening, speaking).
I am still not fluent though, but hey, it's a hell of a jump from having very little Japanese to where I am now.
Practice makes perfect and I hope to achieve that.

I'm not too good. I never really cared much for the Japanese language though. I prefer German but that's just me xP

I do know some words though (I use to have a translation book before it got stolen), and I actually want to name at least one of my kids something Japanese.

When I do watch some animes though, I do watch it in Japanese with the english subtitles because yeah.

I memorized katakana and hiragana, plus a small amount of speech and words from watching anime. Also, playing Pokemon Platinum in Japanese helped learn me katakana and hiragana. That's about it though.

I'm still grappling with the particles and pre/suffixes that apply to words. (I know all the hiragana and katakana by heart, but I can't read them quickly.)

Oh, and Kanji that mean the same thing as certain Chinese words not being the same as those Chinese words for which they are synonyms.

I can make basic sentences, at least.

I'm ok. Pretty basic but it seems a bit farther then some of the people here at least. Third quarter. Last week of school. Biggest trouble is memorizing all the words ><

I want to learn it soooo badly >.< People who know it are sooo lucky!!!=) But I try =D

I'm terrible at it. I'm not Japanese, but I'm trying to learn from RAW Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom