• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How did you become a shipper?

Re: How did you became a shipper?

By watching the anime.

Oh, and in some cases, by finding really cute fan art.

I've always shipped. It's always been natural for me.

I remember when I was younger I shipped Xena/Gabrielle and Ash/Misty.

I have no idea actually. I remembering watching AG and thinking Ash and May would make a good couple but thats about it.

I became a RocketShipper by checking out BulbaPedia's articles and watching the episode Training Daze.

How did I become a SHIPPER? How you ask? ;D

The anime, it was the snorlax one that we once had on a VHS tape. Later down the road I went back to some old shows I used to watch and searching through fanfiction.net. Then my first shipping popped in my head. EGOSHIPPING!!I thought it was going to be an interesting triangle between Gary, Misty, and Ash. Then I decided why not Gary and Misty? Everybody was going to be putting Ash and Misty together why not, the herione and the rival turned good?

Thus I became a shipper.

I think the first show I ever shipped anyone on was the Cardcaptors dub... I thought Li and Sakura had one of those cute little kid crush things going. Then I started watching Pokémon and thought the same about Ash and Misty.

Then I kinda stopped watching about midway through Johto, caught the last part of Johto, and was furious at Misty leaving because it would screw up my favorite duo.

Then Drew came along, and I found myself googling pictures of him (lol creeper) and then I was introduced to Contestshipping...

Then I became a REAL shipper, not just an idle spectator. :D

Is this exclusively Pokémon or shipping altogether? If it's the latter, I believe it started with Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask, or maybe TK and Kari in the first season of Digimon. It's been awhile, so my memory is a bit fuzzy.

As for Pokémon, I think it was with Pokéshipping way back when, but I never actively looked for hints or anything. When AG aired I thought Ash and May made a cute couple, so I paired them constantly for a few good years until I got more into Pokéshipping. Picked up Diamondshipping, and Eldershipping later on down the road. Now I ship a bunch of ships, though nowhere near as much as Luna.

Right when TR proposed Pokeshipping just as Brock left to be with Prof. Molester. I never thought much about romance, but I really liked the ship. I also thought about Rocketshipping, but I thought they were already dating.

just like everybody else who was a pokemon fan between the ages of 6-10 in the late 90s early 00s I always assumed Ash & Misty were in love. However, I had no idea of the term "shipping" or the fandom behind shippings until I came across the shipping articles on bulbapedia 1 1/2-2 years ago & was intrigued. been a shipper ever since

I...was rather an unconscious 'shipper, in a very unknown age of human existence...the 80's. Where Japanese robot anime ruled, but we didn't quite realize it wasn't American in origin. I shipped...something, when I was younger. Between Voltron and Voltos V, I did. I just don't remember what it was anymore (and there might have been some cross-over between the two, too, in my head). But if I wasn't one then, I was one by the time TMNT rolled into town and broke everything down. I thought Mikey/Kala was cute, and then I flung everything out the window once the character Mona Lisa debuted, and I still 'ship Raph/Mona to this day. <3

Pokemon-wise, I have no idea. I don't remember if I started with Ash/Gary or Brock/James...but it was one of them.

I became a shipper when Casey came into the picture. I never once shipped before that. I am no longer able to ship because of my drama disorder to argue. So I'll stay away from this and just write my own fan fiction. You can read it or not.

It all started with Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. I shipped Tommy/Kimberly hardcore when I was 8 years old! XD

I don't remember exactly when I got into it, but I started by reading fanfiction at Fanfiction.net and a now-defunct (I think) website called AAML. It was probably in the middle of the Kanto episodes.

Well, as a kid I disliked Misty for some reason so I never had any shipping intention around that time. Then Came May (who I thought was really pretty) and I instantly paired her with Ash. Then I found a lot of Ash x May AMVs on youtube and my shipping experiences grew from there. .__.

For me, it started with Harry Potter. I used to be obsessed with Harry/Hermione when I was eight.

Sweet another Harry and Hermione shipper!

But for me it stared a few years back before Harry Potter, I was about 9 and I just started to really like the chemistry, or whatever I thought chemistry was, to my my 9-year-old self between Ash and Misty. As I got older I got more into it, and yeah..it stuck :)

I blame my curiousity, fanart and fanfiction, for getting me into shipping. I never shipped before I turned thirteen. :p It started with Pokémon, branched off to Brawl, now it's Harry Potter... IT's EVERYWHERE D: XP

It all started in season one when I just KNEW that Ash and Misty were meant to be together!

Hmmmmm How did I become a shipper? I was unknowingly a shipper when I was little because I used to think AshXMisty, AshXMay and JessieXJames were actually dating however I didn't know about what shipping really was nor did I have internet. The day us New Yorkers had the horrendous blizzard, I got EXTREMELY nostalgic that day and decided to see what was going on in pokemon. I stumbled onto this site and BAM! not only did I rediscover my love for pokemon I also found out what shipping was....

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom