• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How do you plan to take out Pokemon Trainer Red(Spoilers)?

I will raise a Dunsparce and use it against him. He won't see it coming.

Oh, it was really hard to beat Red, took like an hole hour and 12 Max Revives, my team was...

Frosslass, Lv 72 (Shadow Ball'd Lapras and Blastoise, also, Confuse Ray'd everytime Red changed Pokémon)
Meganium Lv 68 (Tryed to Energy Ball Blastoise, got owned by Blizzard, bait for reviving my other Pokémon, and yes, I feel like an ass for using my starter as a bait)
Kabutops Lv 71 (Brick Break'd the crap out of Snorlax and Rock Slide'd Charizard)
Gligar Lv 69 (Earthquake'd Pikachu)
Flygon Lv 68(Rock Slide'd Charizard)
Arcanine Lv 70 (Fire Blast'd Venosaur)

Surprisingly enough, I managed to beat him in the 2nd try. ^^
Oh, and I think I use "e'd" a little too much...

I think I'll use this team against Red:

Claydol (lead)
Skarmory
Lapras
Meganium
Ho-Oh
Hariyama

I would give Claydol a choice scarf to boost it's speed, and kill off the Pikachu lead with it's earth power move. Since Pikachu isn't a fully evolved pokemon, I think it would work. Because of the trainer AI, Red will probably either send Lapras or Blastoise. Hopfully Claydol will be resistent/fast enough to use explosion to do some damage to either of them.

Next, whether Claydol fails or not, I'd send out Skarmory (holding an Occa Berry), and use it's Stealth Rock to plant some stones on the team. After that, I'd try to keep it alive and faint the water type that was sent out.

From that point, Red will most likely send out his Charizard. The Charizard will take a huge chunk of damage from the stealth rock due to its type. I'd fight on for a bit using Skarmory's Fly, the Occa berry would suppress the fire damage a little. When it faints, I'll switch to my Lapras.

I'll use my water type moves on my Lapras to finish off the Charizard. From there, Red might send out Venasaur. I think I'll still keep Lapras in battle and use either Ice Beam or Sheer Cold to murder it. From there, Red might send out his other water type (assuming either the Lapras or the Blastoise is still alive) and I'd switch to Meganium (probably holding whatever berry that suppresses ice damage) to use either magical leaf or solar beam.

Now that all the starters, the lapras, and the dumb yellow rat are KO'd, I'd switch to my Hariyama to spam Force Palm on the Snorlax.

... I honestly hope that would work at all. xD

Wait, are there any guns in Pokemon? I could take him down that way. :p

Anyone who suggests using a Remoraid as firearms will get hurt severely by my Glaceon. I take no chances.

Lets see I took

Sandslash (lv 50) I took him as a hm slave but thought it would be fun to use him, and he ended up taking out pikachu with dig in one hit. i stared blankly at the screen for a good 5 minutes.

Ampharos (lv 81) He was great for blastoise and lapras. also a good back up if something went wrong with charizard

Espeon (Lv 83) My favorite :) He didn't really have a type advantage but I take him everywhere

Typhlosion (lv 80) Great for Venusaur

Lugia (lv 80) It knew hydro pump which was great for Charizard

Scizor (lv 82) a good back up if something went wrong with venusaur

My biggest problem was with snorlax. I died a little every times Red used a full restore but I just kept hitting it with all my strongest moves until it went down

Gallade Lv.71 (Adamant) @Expert Belt
- Night Slash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Psycho Cut
Rhyperior Lv.70 (Brave) @Quick Claw
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Hammer Arm
- Poison Jab
Houndoom Lv.68 (Modest) @Wise Glasses
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Sunny Day
Milotic Lv.72 (Modest) @Nevermelt Ice
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Hyper Beam
Ampharos Lv.71 (Modest) @Magnet
- Discharge
- Signal Beam
- Power Gem
- Rock Climb
Togekiss Lv.69 (Modest) @ King's Rock
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Aura Sphere
- Fly

for Pikachu, Rhyperior Quick Claw activates and kills him with Earthquake.
for Lapras, Ampharos' Discharge took him down in 2 hits. (Ampharos survives 2x Blizzards with around 1/3 HP left)
next up, Snorlax. For this I used Togekiss despite the fact that Red's Snorlax has Blizzard, just spammed Air Slash and his Snorlax flinched most of the time (Air Slash + Serene Grace + King's Rock pawns)
Next up, Charizard. Gallade's Rock Slide took him down in 1 hit.
Next, Blastoise. Ampharos Discharge critical hits and left Blastoise with < 10 HP. Blastoise used blizzard, and Ampharos survives with 11 HP. Both dies from Hail.
Last, Venusaur. Togekiss took care of him with Air Slash.

Total of 8 minutes and 4 Full Restores used.

The weather is a pain. I'm teaching one of my Pokémon Sunny Day so that stupid Lapras of his doesn't spam Blizzard.

The weather is a pain. I'm teaching one of my Pokémon Sunny Day so that stupid Lapras of his doesn't spam Blizzard.

Yeah, Hail gives Blizzard 100% accuracy, right? Well, when I defeated Red I first sent in Tyranitar so that his ability would kick in. Then when Pikachu was about to use Volt Tackle, I sent in my Donphan to take it out with Earthquake and then proceeded from there. I think either Lapras, Snorlax, or Venusaur gave me the most trouble.

I'm taking a break from Red right now (I'm pretty sure you can rematch him), and training most of my caught Pokemon to level 60+. After that I'll defeat him and the Elite Four v2.0.

I DID IT!

Lvl 66 Typhlosion
Lvl 66 Scizor
Lvl 66 Ampharos
Lvl 63 Feraligatr (did nothing)
Lvl 63 Togekiss
Lvl 63 Nidoking

Yeah, Hail gives Blizzard 100% accuracy, right? Well, when I defeated Red I first sent in Tyranitar so that his ability would kick in. Then when Pikachu was about to use Volt Tackle, I sent in my Donphan to take it out with Earthquake and then proceeded from there. I think either Lapras, Snorlax, or Venusaur gave me the most trouble.

I'm taking a break from Red right now (I'm pretty sure you can rematch him), and training most of my caught Pokemon to level 60+. After that I'll defeat him and the Elite Four v2.0.

Lol I sent my Sandslash to use Sunny Day, then Earthquake'd the thing. Pikachu's defence is terrible.

I DID IT!

Lvl 66 Typhlosion
Lvl 66 Scizor
Lvl 66 Ampharos
Lvl 63 Feraligatr (did nothing)
Lvl 63 Togekiss
Lvl 63 Nidoking

Lucky! My Poke's were way higher level and still couldn't take him out ;_;

Easier way to beat Red is have a good Mamoswine handy to block off Pikachu and Lapras, then a Fire type for Venusaur etc. I used Magmar, Golem, a Lucario from the Safari Zone, a Tangrowth and a Magikarp.

first sandslash hoping that iron tail would fail because he is to fragile to take that one then hit him with earthquake.
then apmpharos against lapras
ampharos against snorlax because he was the only one with a decent fighting move rock smash on that one i had to use like 20 full restores because of snorlax whooping his ass
feraligator took care of charizard Ho-ho took care of venasaur and at the end i had too use lugia cuz he was the only one that wouldn't get his ass handed to him on the first try

After a couple of hours of resetting and trying again, I managed to defeat Red in what was most likely a fluke. Pokemon were: Vivian (Dragonite Lv62 @ Expert Belt), Typheous (Typhlosion Lv70 @ Shell Bell), Arion (Kingdra Lv64 @ useless Sitrus Berry) and Bane (Nidoking Lv64 @ Choice Scarf).

First, I send out Bane, who 1HKO'd Pikachu with Earthquake. Next up was Larpas; Typhoeus used Sunny Day, which let him survive two Brines, and 2HKO Lapras with Solarbeam. I decided to go for it and Solarbeam Blastoise, too; fortunately he missed his Focus Blast twice, so that was a 2HKO as well.

Then I sent out Arion against Snorlax, four Surfs (one of them a Critical) put him down far enough to heal Typhoeus and go in for the kill with a Focus Blast of my own (used X Accuracy to be on the safe side). Bane came back out to ThunderPunch Charizard, who countered with Flare Blitz. Bane was KO'd, but the recoil was more than enough for Viv to come in, Dragon Dance, and Aqua Tail Charizard to oblivion. Finally, a Dragon Claw on Venusaur for good measure; Sludge Bomb knocked her out, then Typhoeus sealed the deal with a Flamethrower.

And while I managed to avoid the Full Restores on this battle, from one of the previous attempts I declare that using two Full Restores on a Snorlax should be considered illegal.

I worked my butt off, but here's how my battle with Red went in SS:

Red sends out Pikachu. I send out Lugia (level 70).
Pikachu uses Volt Tackle, knocking out Lugia.
Not to be a complete jerk here, but was this result a surprise in any way, shape, or form? I'm going through every possible scenario in my head, and I can't figure out a way that a Water / Flying would be able to beat an electric pokemon. Light Orb Pikachu can use Pass Gas and it would knock out Lugia. :XD2:

Not to be a complete jerk here, but was this result a surprise in any way, shape, or form? I'm going through every possible scenario in my head, and I can't figure out a way that a Water / Flying would be able to beat an electric pokemon. Light Orb Pikachu can use Pass Gas and it would knock out Lugia. :XD2:
Lugia is Psychic-Flying, not Water-Flying. Plus, Lugia is a tank. Maybe Volt Tackle was a critical or you got a -Defense Nature?

Anyways, I used Tyranitar, who took out Snorlax, Pikachu, while Typhlosion took care of Venasuar and Ampharos took down Blastoise and Lapras before they could spam Blizzard at me.
Levels: somewhere around 55 or 60. It was absurdly low, but I didn't have to spam items like I usually do.

Alright. My team should be around Lv. 65-70 because I'm a glutton for punishment and love low-level runs.

Hypno will Switcheroo Choice Item onto Pika hopefully on a Quick Attack. Switch to Heracross, EQ to oblivion. Lax, Hera will Close Combat. Lapras? Raindance with Gatr and Thunder away with Jolteon. Unless I get my hands on a Thunderbolt TM by then. Zard? Raindance will already be up for Jolteon, so MysticWater STAB Raindanced Waterfall? That's 80 Base power x 2.5 x 2. Bye, Zardy. Venusaur will be handled by tanking with Honchkrow Flying and getting Leftovers heal on that extra turn. Blastoise: See Lapras.

Espeon? Oh wait, where'd Red go?

I came back to the game after another hiatus and after 2 rounds of gym rematches, I finally felt ready to take on the new E4. Surprisingly, it was a pretty easy runthrough except for Koga's Muk--Blue puts up a much better fight than the E4, though that does make a certain amount of sense.

I kept switching in my Salamence over and over again to cripple Lance's Salamence, so I could DD my Dragonite with impunity. Not a very clever strategy. I want to train up my team to the point where I can legitimately defeat Lance before I dare take on Red. I hear people taking him on at absurdly low levels, but his Blizzards will destroy me.

Once I have my team at 70, I'll take a shot at it. Only 8-9 levels to go.

1. Bring Pokemon that are at around level 70.
2. Bring lots of revives, hyper potions, full restores, and MooMoo milk.

And don't forget step 2!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom