• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How have you been amazed and confused by Pokemon Special?

matt0044

Reaction score
Title says it all. Pokemon Special has good thing and not-so-good things about it but sometimes the writer likes to surprise and confuse us. Like how the Manga's story expands on the Pokemon games' aspects or how the Elite Four of Kanto is evil or how Green's (Blue) Ditto can form into inanimate objects such as keys. What stood out the most to you? And what confused you the most?

Feel free to reply so long as you keep on topic.

Where have I seen this topic before? Anyway, I was shocked that Lt. Surge damn near killed Red yet during the battle at Cerise Island Red acted as if nothing happened.

And that the Elite 4 were evil.

And that Pryce was the baddest motherfucker this side of Tojho.

And that there was a Gym Leader tournament.

And that Falkner's dad actually showed up.

And that Ruby had a Celebi.

And that the series is being rereleased properly by Viz.

Now that I've finally read up to the R/S chapters...

Will and Karen were evil and kids of the Masked Man.

How the Heck did Gold get back?

Ho-Oh and Lugia were teaming up with the Masked Man, that shocked me most.

Lot's more, can't think of it now though.

Confused?

The end of RS's arc. Ruby makes it seem like they traveled to an alternate universe where everything turned out fine. So..Everyone that was dead really died, Ruby and Sapphire are considered dead, and the world is basically ending? Talk about horrific.

Amazed?

Basically everything changed from the games. Seriously, Lance is an over-extremist and human hating? The Indigo E4 are evil? Sabrina, Koga, and Lt. Surge are bad guys?

The harsh nature of Kanto's arcs too along with the changes. The differences from the games and Pokespe too; It's completely different from the games.

Gold being a breeder too. He seems like a battler if anything.

Last edited:
That the Kanto E4 was evil.

That Red's still alive after all he's been through.

That Pokéspe isn't gonna be an anime.

That Pryce, a GYM LEADER, was the evil Mask of Ice.

Alot more, but I forget.... ^^;

The style changing from being action-filled with a good plot while still retaining that feeling of adventure to people dying left and right, huge complex plots, and generally being more confusing than I could have ever imagined. O___o

Gym leaders are Team Rocket members.
The Elite 4 wants to wipe out most of the human race.
Red is kinda well-known even in Sinnoh, yet news about Red doesn't reach that far in the games.
Dia is a Red fanboy and sorta Bi. Now if only Redcapshipping had proof.
Diamond and Pearl are boys and Platinum is a girl. Hey, I don't blame them.
Giovanni got a hold of Red's Blood and use it for a second Dexoys.

I can go on, but I'll stop there.

-Lance and the Kanto Elite Four wanting to kill the human race.
-Pryce is the masked man.
-Will and Karen are both evil.
-The whole of the Johto Elite Four are basically evil, along with it's champion, Lance.
-That Red was shocked to discover that Yellow was a girl.
-That Gold comes back from the dead.
-Sapphire actually confesses her feeling for Ruby.
-That Steven, Norman and Courtney come back from the dead.
-Giovanni's son is Silver (who would have a son with Giovanni?)
-The Kanto dex holders and Silver are turned to stone.
-That Silver has longer hair in HGSS.
-The Kanto Elite 4 are evil.
-That Gold turned out to be the 'Pokemon Breeder'.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom