• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How lucky are you at catching Shiny Pokémon?

poll

• 1 iv been playing for 5 year never had a shiny and all my pokemon suck

Votes: 20 13.7%

Votes: 33 22.6%

Votes: 17 11.6%

Votes: 30 20.5%
  • 5 im kinda in the middle have my far share of shinys and other lucky things

Votes: 30 20.5%

Votes: 3 2.1%

Votes: 7 4.8%

Votes: 3 2.1%

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 10 haha i get 2 shinys each day all with great stats

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Re: ;~; Every person has a shiny...

Aww, don't feel bad...I've almost never seen, let alone caught, a shiny. You're not alone.
There are two ways to increase the likelihood of finding one: chaining and the Masuda method (the latter being the most reliable). I suggest you try those. Of course, if you play HGSS or GSC, you're certain to find a shiny Gyarados, but don't expect people to envy you or anything.

I've only ever found one Shiny, and that was a Shuckle in my copy of White. Though it seems that everyone has a Shiny Shuckle...

If you're playing Diamond/Pearl or Platinum,then Pokeradaring as someone mentioned.It's easy to learn and low-level Pokemon are easy to find.I found my Starly that way.

If you're playing Black/White Matsuda method is great as the offspring of breeding is six times more likely to be shiny than usually.

Also Celestial tower.The only Pokemon there is Litwick,so you know what you'll get-it's simply a matter of grinding.

I've had quite lot of shinies:In Crystal shiny Igglibuff,in Emerald Numel,in Fire red a shiny Koffing selfdestructed while I was trying to catch it.In Diamond Starly and in Black I traded for shiny Spinarak and Tepig.

Shinys arent even that great...
Even though its your opinion, shinies are such a really amazing discovery. They are an extremly rare point to find in the games. It almost feels like they are like sparkling trophies or treasures you find. Plus its a 1/8192% chance of finding one. I can't see how you think they are not great.

Join the club. To please others, I don't count Red Gyarados as a typical shiny, as it's found via the plot. Never found a shiny by chance. Damn.

This. I do have about... 10 shinies got through other means.

Considering I personally caught only 2 of the 5 I have (Primeape, Spinda, Machoke, Ditto, Whismur), around 3.

My mother's closer to a 5, though. (Shiny Venusaur and Charizard. And Eevee)

In all the years I've been playing, I've seen four legit shinies: Rhyhorn, Tentacool, Gastly and Fraxure, and I caught three out of the four (Rhyhorn got away; it was in the Safari Zone). So I guess I'm kinda lucky, but not massively.

I've only seen one shiny before, and I caught it on the first try with an Ultra Ball.

I have 1 less shiny than I have had Red Gyaradoses.

(One got KO'd by accident and I got another through legitimate trade, not by stealing the other guy's cartridge and looting everything he has. >:) )

So, 3 caught/obtained shinies, many clones.

+ that stolen one, and several hacked :sweatlol:

I only have two random shinies.

And I've played for over 1000+ hours.

But I learned how to chain so I have a number of shinies from that.

I have a shiny Venomoth found in the wild in SoulSilver, the oh-so-rare red Gyarados, and the shiny event Suicune. I also found a shiny Tentacool long ago in Fire Red, and caught it, but ended up deleting the file for some stupid reason.

You could say that I'm fairly lucky when it comes to shinies.

I think I have encountered so many that they don't even surprise me when they show up anymore. None of them chained, and the only one that I actually attempted to get was Torchic (and I succeeded after only 5 days of soft-reseting, although I think it did a number on my GBA...)

Other than the Red Gyarados, the only shiny Pokemon I've encountered was a shiny Noctowl in Gold (or it might have been Silver lol). Unfortunately, I only had a couple of basic Pokeballs and the sh**ty bird didn't want to be caught :bash:

The only way I get shiny Pokemon is by accident. If I actually try, then it never happens. :bawl:

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom