• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

How many Pokémon have you memorized?

How many Pokémon have you memorized?

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 1-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 11-50

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • 51-100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 101-150

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • 151-200

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • 201-300

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • 301-400

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • 401-450

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • 451-492

Votes: 5 5.0%

Votes: 56 55.4%
  • 493 IN ORDER

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters

StarBP

Reaction score
How many Pokémon have you memorized the names of? If you can say or write the name correctly (not necessarily both, minor spelling errors OK if writing), then you have memorized it. Order does NOT matter. I have currently memorized all 493 in order.

Last edited:
Hmm... The names of the pokes? Most people are able to memorize all of them sooner or later either from watching the anime or playing the games. However, knowing all the names in the correct numerical order is very different...

I think I've done the first 151 when it first started. After that I tend to forget the order, but can say a lot of them.

I've memorized most of the Gen I-III pokemon, but the Gen IV pokemon are...yeesh...waaay too much for me to memorize.

I know the names of all of them, but not in order.

I know all of them. Not only that, but I know both the English and Japanese names for each one (well, there might be a few English names for the 4th generation I still haven't gotten perfectly down yet, though I could still recognize them if someone else brought them up).

I think I know all their katakana spellings as well, which probably doesn't seem that complicated when you're familiar with their Japanese names and know Japanese kana anyway (unlike English, there aren't really any complex rules on how to pronounce Japanese writing, and the fact that every Pokemon's name is written in just one writing style further simplifies it), but there are a few bumps here and there. Like "Pichu" extends the end with a ー chouonpu whilst Pikachu and Raichu extend with ウ "u", whether vowel extensions in general use a chouonpu or not, "Buby" ends with a ィ small "i", "Showers" ends with a ズ "zu" whilst "Thunders" ends with a ス "su" (any native English-speaker will more than likely associate the romanized names before anything else), etc.

I've memorized most of the Gen I-III pokemon, but the Gen IV pokemon are...yeesh...waaay too much for me to memorize.

why say that? You are aware that all you're really doing is just adding another hundred to a number you've already well memorized over the years, aren't you? So the 4th generation should be no different from the previous two generations (or the first 151 for that matter). Besides, this generation has about twenty less than the previous one.

Last edited:
All of them. English only. No particular order.

Is Gallade's Japanese name Erlade or Eureido?

I memorised most of them, but not in order. I occationally forget pokemon like Jirichi, Manaphy etc...

I could probably remember them all in English and most of the fourth-gen Pokémon in Japanese, given the images. A few tend to slip my mind, though. Voted 401-450.

I know all the names in Japanese and English, but sometimes I might forget a name but it'll soon pop up again. I know the meaning of many of the Japanese names, but not all of them. I remember some of the 2nd gen English names were hard to remember, like Typhlosion, I thought Bakufuun much easier to remember and use. The 4th gen's names I learned the Japanese first, but I think I know all the English ones as well. As Yamato-san said, some spellings can be difficult, but it's easier to spell them in kana. Some people say I mispell some names in romaji, but I always think of the meaning of the name, then spell it as that or those word(s) the name consists of. I don't spell Plusle "Prasle" :)

I know all of them, but if i have to note it one by one, i could still forget some.. The fourth gen pokemons.. I mixed the names up sometimes.. For me, the names are too unfamiliar.

I know the Japanese names of the vast majority of them, but I still have to look up the English names for a lot of them.

I... probably suck at names more than anyone else alive (anyone who's known me for a few months can tell you that), but if you were to show me pictures of all the Pokémon, I could provide all the English names. Although sometimes I do get a few mixed up (Rhyhorn/Rhydon, Sealeo/Walrein, etc.).

No way in hell could I ever name them all in order. I probably couldn't recall all 493 off the top of my head, either.

I'm prolly able to recognise any Pokémon by picture, recount it's evolutions, their order and evolution methods. xD More often that not, I can also list their types and such. Yeah, and I know them all by name. No problem getting a mental picture of it once the name's mentioned.

I do forget some of them, occasionally. Like, I see an episode with <insert Poké here>, and am like 'oh, I'd forgotten that one exists'. First off comes to mind Clamperl and it's evolutions, Gorebyss and Huntail. They're just so.. insignificant. -_-''

I'm prolly able to recognise any Pokémon by picture, recount it's evolutions, their order and evolution methods. xD More often that not, I can also list their types and such. Yeah, and I know them all by name. No problem getting a mental picture of it once the name's mentioned.

I do forget some of them, occasionally. Like, I see an episode with <insert Poké here>, and am like 'oh, I'd forgotten that one exists'. First off comes to mind Clamperl and it's evolutions, Gorebyss and Huntail. They're just so.. insignificant. -_-''

Yeah that's like me. I'm about halfway through 151 in order, otherwise I have all 493 memorized.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: I have exciting news! I have memorized the first 151 Pokémon IN ORDER! I am getting closer and closer to my goal of 493 every day! Stay tuned for details! I'm running out of exclamation points!!! This is the last exclamation point I have, so my post is now over! (LOL)

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: I have exciting news! I have memorized the first 151 Pokémon IN ORDER! I am getting closer and closer to my goal of 493 every day! Stay tuned for details! I'm running out of exclamation points!!! This is the last exclamation point I have, so my post is now over! (LOL)

Fantastic! Keep up the good work!

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom